Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

CHINA: Quarantines 58 million people.

SOUTH KOREA: Tests 200,000 people for Covid-19.

SINGAPORE: Orders army to deliver masks to all citizens.

ITALY/FRANCE/GERMANY: Bans all public gatherings.

UK: Wash your hands and sing happy birthday

And who has most infected...?

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The Football authorities are utterly clueless aren't they. Yesterday it was business as usual. They should have followed other countries examples and shut the season down earlier this week. Shocking that it's taken multiple cases emerging in the last 24 hours to come to the correct decision.

Yeah but they were following govt advice. Now finally going to go against that blonde idiot 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

League game in June/July would be amazing. 

IF (and its a big if) the league starts again first weekend of April we will play Man Utd 7th June. Cant beat shorts and t-shirt weather for football! 

Imagine the state of Leicester if if finishes the weekend of 20th June with Kasabian due to play Viccy park as well :D

Edited by goose2010

52 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Not title for Liverpool as it's not been won. European qualification awarded to those currently in position. No team relegated, top two in the championship promoted. 22 team premier league next season with 5 teams relegated. This would be my preference.

I would do all of this but realistically Liverpool should get the title. If it was close then fine but it isn’t and they’d win it within a week anyway

1 minute ago, bmt said:

Let’s wait a few weeks

The science experts (real ones, not forum ones) have already said that short-term it will get worse than other countries. It's the long-term game they're after, where herd immunity kicks in and this just becomes a less significant thing in our lives (like SARS, MERS, H1N1, etc.) going forward. There are many who suspect this will all kick off in China again. No-one really knows, we just have to wait and see.

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I was telling the neer sayers in general chat weeks ago how bad this would get but you’ve gone quite a  way overboard on that assessment. 

A shame that's not the case.  Things would be a lot easier if it was.

6 minutes ago, bmt said:

Yeah but they were following govt advice. Now finally going to go against that blonde idiot 

No Boris fan but his following advice from people who actual have a clue about what they are talking about.

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The Football authorities are utterly clueless aren't they. Yesterday it was business as usual. They should have followed other countries examples and shut the season down earlier this week. Shocking that it's taken multiple cases emerging in the last 24 hours to come to the correct decision.

They are following government advice, who in turn are following the advice of experts, rather then making a uninformed decision.   

19 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It will cause of sorts of questions as say us with Maddison he would have missed the Watford game with injury and in theory that makes us weaker to face Watford. When (or if) we play them he will probably be fit. Wouldnt you argue that's not fair on Watford? 

Think about Spurs they could potentially end the season with Kane & Son fully fit. 

Watford could have a few players with injuries as well.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Source?

Even as the number of new coronavirus infections continues to spiral upward in countries around the world, a top global health expert says it's not too late to contain the virus.

"As long as you have these discrete outbreaks ... there is the opportunity to control them — to get on top of these and contain them and prevent a lot of disease and ultimately death," says Dr. Bruce Aylward, a senior adviser to the director-general of the World Health Organization. "That's the big message we saw in China — and one of the big surprises."

Aylward led a fact-finding trip in China in February on behalf of the World Health Organization. He says the experience there altered his view of what can be done.

"They actually changed the course of a respiratory-borne outbreak without a vaccine, which was extraordinary," says Aylward. The number of daily new cases in China went from around 2,000 just a few weeks ago to less than 100 in recent days.

I see the points mentioned @Deeg67 but that was never going to hold true outside of what is a tantamount to a totalitarian regime.

Italy being a mismanaged proof of that.

But, you are correct, the WHO did originally state it could be contained, so I accept that, but their conditions for containment were unlikely, sadly.

33 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Hard not to see some blue bias!

This suggestion takes the the most likely of all the various outcomes should the season actually continue (i.e. a Liverpool Premiership title win - most likely by a huge margin) and makes it the only postitive one that isn't 'honoured'.

If Liverpool haven't won the title when they're 25 points clear of second, we haven't 'won' a European place . Neither have two championship teams 'won' promotion.  

I'm fine with it being handed to Liverpool. Whichever scenario they plump for somebody is going to be upset

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I see the points mentioned @Deeg67 but that was never going to hold true outside of what is a tantamount to a totalitarian regime.

Italy being a mismanaged proof of that.

But, you are correct, the WHO did originally state it could be contained, so I accept that, but their conditions for containment were unlikely, sadly.

South Korea proved that it could be contained without totalitarian measures.  They tested the fuch out of everyone, fast and free and easy to access, and the population broadly cooperated with social distancing and self-isolation.  Maybe not realistic every country could handle it that well, but they proved it was possible.

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

South Korea proved that it could be contained without totalitarian measures.  They tested the fuch out of everyone, fast and free and easy to access, and the population broadly cooperated with social distancing and self-isolation.  Maybe not realistic every country could handle it that well, but they proved it was possible.

Could be correct here, maybe lessons from SARS/MERS has helped, and although I place no blame on the Government, we could perhaps in hindsight have created a more thorough and efficient test regime far ealier.