Jump to content
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Well when you consider that for some reason we only got 50 mill for Chilwell (23 years old, on a long contract & an established England international), when we should have got much more, I wouldn't rule out anything regarding Ricky. We seem a bit of a soft touch when it comes to selling to the "so called big 6"

Yes definitely a soft touch I mean Utd only paying 80m for Maguire still makes me angry. 😂

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Well when you consider that for some reason we only got 50 mill for Chilwell (23 years old, on a long contract & an established England international), when we should have got much more, I wouldn't rule out anything regarding Ricky. We seem a bit of a soft touch when it comes to selling to the "so called big 6"

Chillwell ain’t that good though so we did alright 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We've sold two players for £185m and counting (assuming add-ons still to kick in) recently.

Prior to that Kante for £30m (buy out was £20m.

Drinkwater for £35m.

Mahrez was man City's most expensive purchase.

 

Who else is there?

 

That's good business as far as I'm concerned.

 

Sorry I'm confused, can you tell me which 2 players we sold for 185 mill & counting?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Another example of arrogance from fans of the so-called top 6 clubs. There’s probably fans of Chelsea, Man City etc that actually think they have a chance of signing him for 30m. 

read the replies. the spurs fan was just quoted what he was valued at. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I'm sure if Manure win the league they will consider they got an absolute bargain

😂😂 80m for Maguire is not a bargain even if they win the league. Which I don’t think they will. When has 80m been a bargain for a player? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Can’t wait to have Ricardo back, but Castagne has to play imo

They’ll both play. It’s a no brainer. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Pre injury, Ricardo was the best right back in the premier league. The only two other full backs who were in his league were Robertson and Trent. Can’t comment on other leagues. 

Much as I love Ricardo, you’d have to concede that in both games against Liverpool last season, TTA gave him a lesson in modern RB play? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

So where does Justin play?

Arguably our player of the season so far.

 

It’s a nice problem to have 

He doesn’t 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Much as I love Ricardo, you’d have to concede that in both games against Liverpool last season, TTA gave him a lesson in modern RB play? 

He plays exactly the opposite side of pitch to Ricky P, he played well but don’t see how that was anything to do with Ricky P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just use Ricky as an attacker. He's already previously a winger. Has smashed in some goals for us that no rightback should be able to score. If Under doesn't work out, we could always stick him up there as he's always up and down that touchline and overlapping up the oppositions side of the pitch anyways.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

So where does Justin play?

Arguably our player of the season so far.

 

It’s a nice problem to have 

Feel free to make that argument, and good luck with it.

 

Justin goes to the bench when Ricardo is fully fit (if).  He’s improved a lot but it really isn’t even a matter for serious debate.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is very good to have Justin playing so well and improving, and it will be harsh, but when Ricardo is fit, Justin would unfortunately need to make way (Castagne plays). Justin is still just a notch below Ricardo and Castagne. But with potential injuries, Justin may well find himself being in and out. Problem though is that Castagne is not as effective on the left and Barnes needs to learn to play with him too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Feel free to make that argument, and good luck with it.

 

Justin goes to the bench when Ricardo is fully fit (if).  He’s improved a lot but it really isn’t even a matter for serious debate.

I wasn't actually making an argument either way. I said it was a nice problem to have. I think all three will be used quite a bit between now and the end of the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I wasn't actually making an argument either way. I said it was a nice problem to have. I think all three will be used quite a bit between now and the end of the season. 

On that I agree, especially since they're going to treat Ricardo with kid gloves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our options at the back are incredible.

 

Could play Justin at CB in a 5 against teams we needed to play more counter attacking football. 

 

Yet even in doing that you'd have to drop one of Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana if all fit.

 

It's not fair, but as others have said you can't not play one of the best full backs in the world. And for me you can't not play Castagne either, his engine opens up so much space for us.

 

Obviously an exaggeration but imagine we had Messi. Imagine Barnes played on the right. His good season doesn't mean you'd play Barnes over Messi. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest Justin I think is a great talent BUT he is still learning his trade , he plays back more than he goes forward  Ricardo will give us that go forward that we need , Justin is a better defender than he is a attacker but it will come , but Ricardo is miles in front of him . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, casablancas said:

He does lol  

Why? He’s having a decent season. Nothing more than 7/10 though. Made plenty of mistakes that have gone unnoticed. Ricardo and Castagne when fully fit are miles ahead of Justin. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Our options at the back are incredible.

 

Could play Justin at CB in a 5 against teams we needed to play more counter attacking football. 

 

Yet even in doing that you'd have to drop one of Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana if all fit.

 

It's not fair, but as others have said you can't not play one of the best full backs in the world. And for me you can't not play Castagne either, his engine opens up so much space for us.

 

Obviously an exaggeration but imagine we had Messi. Imagine Barnes played on the right. His good season doesn't mean you'd play Barnes over Messi.

Regardless, it hits the nail on the head. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...