Sign in to follow this  
weller54

Interest in Football after this crisis ends....

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

But football is by far the most popular escape and passtime in the world. It'd be quite harsh to think all footballers operate in a moral vacuum, i'm sure there's plenty that are helping beyond question during this crisis. For every Grealish there is a Zaha.

And the vast majority of us surely contribute very little to society. What is your average insurance salesman, mortgage broker, estate agent, social media consultant, generic office paper pusher doing for society. I'm trying to think of an average job in a 21st century Western first world country.

You can replace a surgeon or firefighter far easier than a footballer. There are over a million firefighters in the US alone, it takes around 4 years of training to become one. Likewise for surgery, you follow a 10 year program of training and become one. I'm not saying these jobs are easy, but to become a professional footballer is far harder, and the replacement factor far greater.

Totally disagree...with your thought process...Sportsman train hard,and find it hard for their individual born given Skill to be recognised,und have to work in an enviroment,they will most likely always enjoy,but wont Cross anymore hardships,than avg.joe public..!! And Play until their Mid 30s,with some exceptions.

Figherfighters,Surgeons,all Medical staff..hard Bloody unpleasant unappreciated work from governments and Lack of respect from the public..Only when Now the public and politicians are in need...

They work actually graft 8hrs plus until either their Late 50s until Early 70s...Few Days Off in between,rarely substitutions..!!

No summer breaks of 2 months,or People Calling and applauding them..

That is in the normal times in society,now in Desperate times, up & above the Call of duty....

What were sou saying about footballers...Any Sportsman...

Talented Professional sportsman perk is knowing they Don t have to join the daily grind, Yes Artists of all kind, deserve a Good numeration,for entertaining the Masses...But facing hardships,often others,like the above then regularly Working Really hard against the everyday tide.....including numbskulls,like many who Cry loudest when they create their own emergencies.!!

Ffs I will can replace any sportsman anytime ,oh also fking Estate Agents for society needs...but not Any other worker,especially the above mentioned..

Edited by fuchsntf

18 hours ago, weller54 said:

I'm wondering long it will take for the passion/interest in football to return if this ban goes on for months and months?

A lot of people may adapt to a new way of life and  have different priorities after going through this crisis..

Maybe sometime before the passion for the game returns.

3 nanoseconds. Thankfully I have highlights or the full match of every win this season on my Sky+ box! :D :scarf:

58 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Totally disagree...with your thought process...Sportsman train hard,and find it hard for their individual born given Skill to be recognised,und have to work in an enviroment,they will most likely always enjoy,but wont Cross anymore hardships,than avg.joe public..!! And Play until their Mid 30s,with some exceptions.

Figherfighters,Surgeons,all Medical staff..hard Bloody unpleasant unappreciated work from governments and Lack of respect from the public..Only when Now the public and politicians are in need...

They work actually graft 8hrs plus until either their Late 50s until Early 70s...Few Days Off in between,rarely substitutions..!!

No summer breaks of 2 months,or People Calling and applauding them..

That is in the normal times in society,now in Desperate times, up & above the Call of duty....

What were sou saying about footballers...Any Sportsman...

Talented Professional sportsman perk is knowing they Don t have to join the daily grind, Yes Artists of all kind, deserve a Good numeration,for entertaining the Masses...But facing hardships,often others,like the above then regularly Working Really hard against the everyday tide.....including numbskulls,like many who Cry loudest when they create their own emergencies.!!

Ffs I will can replace any sportsman anytime ,oh also fking Estate Agents for society needs...but not Any other worker,especially the above mentioned..

As stated i'm not comparing the hardships of these jobs compared to a footballer, that would be a useless exercise, i'm talking about replacement factor. Thousands upon thousands of surgeons and firefighters are churned out every year and will continue. Are the same amount of professional quality footballers found? I'm not talking about Darren at the Dog and Duck, i'm talking professional.

Estate agents are dead and good riddance, online platforms and communication devices will kill any 'value add' they have been lying about that they offer very soon.

12 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

As stated i'm not comparing the hardships of these jobs compared to a footballer, that would be a useless exercise, i'm talking about replacement factor. Thousands upon thousands of surgeons and firefighters are churned out every year and will continue. Are the same amount of professional quality footballers found? I'm not talking about Darren at the Dog and Duck, i'm talking professional.

Estate agents are dead and good riddance, online platforms and communication devices will kill any 'value add' they have been lying about that they offer very soon.

Perspectives...I suppose.!

But I reckon we can replace many a footballer,they like wanna-be stars,

are churned out in their thousands every week,Academies,Talent shows,substitutions,transfers.Good players replaced on a conveyer belt..

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, weller54 said:

No end in sight..

How the Hell is football going to survive this?

Football has survived 2 word wars, a cold war, hundreds of serious nuclear accidents, Spanish flu, aids and Peter Taylor managing the National Team. This will be a breeze. 

Now take your negativity elsewhere and let me look forward to my first pint back in the new road inn before the walk down to the ground in peace!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 31/03/2020 at 22:18, foxile5 said:

It does throw into the spotlight how important footballers actually are. 

They contribute absolutely **** all. Hopefully society recognises that. They entertain but they don't keep this world turning. 

..totally disagree!!!!

The need for the game is universal and impacts more people than you can imagine. Just think, it doesn't matter how bad your working week was, for two hours you can put it on pause and allow yourself to be free.

Yes we are in a wretched period at the moment and we can not see too far into the future as things change on a weekly basis. Laughter and a release is what the world is crying out for at the moment and the resumption of the beautiful game is integral to our mental wellbeing!!!!

• Like 3

On 01/04/2020 at 17:05, fuchsntf said:

Perspectives...I suppose.!

But I reckon we can replace many a footballer,they like wanna-be stars,

are churned out in their thousands every week,Academies,Talent shows,substitutions,transfers.Good players replaced on a conveyer belt..

Probably 75% of every boy at school wants to be a footballer when they grow up. So millions every year. A tiny percentage actually have the ability to make a living out of it, never mind making the kind of money Premier League footballers make. You can’t just churn them out. 
There are many people out there that could become firefighters or nurses etc if that’s what they choose to do. 

I would think that football and everything that goes with it from kit to stickers to tv makes it one of the 5 top employers in the world, no chance that it would not pick up and carry on as before, football is massive

9 hours ago, weller54 said:

No end in sight..

How the Hell is football going to survive this?

Football will be fine. I worry for those lower league teams that are badly run and miss managed. I’d hate to loose my team over this. 

44 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

Football will be fine. I worry for those lower league teams that are badly run and miss managed. I’d hate to loose my team over this. 

Bit contradictory?..

Football won't be fine if a lot of smaller clubs go to the wall, which is very likely.

One week of Ozil's wages could probably keep quite a few of league two clubs alive, that's how ridiculous things have become!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Farley said:

Plenty of well run clubs will go to the wall, the same as plenty of well run business will do.

In a matter of weeks, clubs and businesses have had all their income dry up through no fault of their own. Some good  business can adapt, their is little a small football club can do to make any money in these times.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Viva said:

Probably 75% of every boy at school wants to be a footballer when they grow up. So millions every year. A tiny percentage actually have the ability to make a living out of it, never mind making the kind of money Premier League footballers make. You can’t just churn them out. 
There are many people out there that could become firefighters or nurses etc if that’s what they choose to do. 

Doubt it...!!! 

They Couldnt Keep up the mental discipline

they would puke at least 5 times a day

They would Faint at the thought of being called upon

Most importantly few wouldnt know what the **** to do..

But unlike some,I Don t See the Need ,for anybody to qualify,reason,explain what they do for a living,or Part of it.

Just Don try to reason or even discuss with me,whats more important...more qualified.., More artistic..more skillfull,(qualified)..more skillfull ( natural talent)...

The thought of bringing it forward,Shows itself the Lack of understanding...

If you ain’t gonna be glued to the tele for the first super Sunday of Burnley vs Brighton then u ain’t a true football fan. 

16 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Doubt it...!!! 

They Couldnt Keep up the mental discipline

they would puke at least 5 times a day

They would Faint at the thought of being called upon

Most importantly few wouldnt know what the **** to do..

But unlike some,I Don t See the Need ,for anybody to qualify,reason,explain what they do for a living,or Part of it.

Just Don try to reason or even discuss with me,whats more important...more qualified.., More artistic..more skillfull,(qualified)..more skillfull ( natural talent)...

The thought of bringing it forward,Shows itself the Lack of understanding...

Look, I’m not getting into what’s the more important job or knocking the great job that anybody is currently doing. The point is that with that there are people out there that could be trained to become a firefighter or nurse. Just like somebody could be trained to do my job. 

I can’t be trained to be a top level footballer and neither can 99.99% of the population. Thats why they earn the big money. That’s all. 

2 hours ago, Viva said:

Look, I’m not getting into what’s the more important job or knocking the great job that anybody is currently doing. The point is that with that there are people out there that could be trained to become a firefighter or nurse. Just like somebody could be trained to do my job. 

I can’t be trained to be a top level footballer and neither can 99.99% of the population. Thats why they earn the big money. That’s all. 

Natural Talent is a major part of a lot of skilled jobs..Don't underestimate it.!!

On 22 April 2020 at 09:22, weller54 said:

Bit contradictory?..

Football won't be fine if a lot of smaller clubs go to the wall, which is very likely.

One week of Ozil's wages could probably keep quite a few of league two clubs alive, that's how ridiculous things have become!

Feel slightly sorry for Ozil (ok - I know), he seems to have become the go-to stereotype for everything that's 'wrong' with the modern footballer.

Can't quite understand why he gets the stick he does. He has the kind of skill given to very very few and is paid accordingly. Not unusual in the world, you'd have thought.

Adding some kind of moral judgement to his wealth or attitude is strange. Not to mention a total bleeding cliché.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2020 at 09:22, weller54 said:

Bit contradictory?..

Fine meaning, The sport. After all is done and we have some sort of normality. Football will be played again one way or another.

Personally I hope it does change eventually. I think the sport would be healthier if it was publicly owned by the fans rather than by all these billionaires. I think we should have wage caps and things in place so teams have less expenditure etc.

Who knows though how it will end up looking, time will tell. 

Football will be fine. As said elsewhere if it can survive world wars then the current crisis will hardly make a dent. Indeed after both wars football enjoyed a huge surge in popularity as I am sure it will after this thing's over.

There's always a tendency to overestimate the importance of anything while it's actually happening. Remember Brexit, anyone?

• Like 1