Sign in to follow this  
davieG

Phil McNulty's top 10 football matches

That day was pure ecstasy. I've never felt happier with the world.

• Like 1

The only thing that would have made the trophy shine a little brighter was if Vardy had put that Pen away and gone on to get the golden boot (shared). 

But still fvck me what a day that was. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

The best game i've seen was the 5-3 against Man United.. Pure footballing brilliance shown by both sides at times as well as both sides showing they couldn't defend for toffee. The game when Jamie Vardy introduced himself on the world stage.

Close runner up was 2-0 against Sevilla. The atmosphere, the pantomime drama, the "**** sake we're out" of the penalty being awarded, the massive noise when Albrighton slapped home that volley, the celebrations after. That's the sort of game you live for as a football fan. 

Don’t want facts to get in the way of a good story but we wouldn’t have been out if they’d have scored the penalty- it would have gone to extra time. But agreed about the game. 

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

Kingy was excellent in the Everton game.

They all were.

Bit disappointed Vardy never got a hat trick to top of a great day.

I agree, party atmosphere, pure celebration and joy, followed by a quarter of a million  people lining the streets and in vicky park. I doubt even liverpool will celebrate this much, the greatest thing ever to happen to our club!

16 hours ago, TWUKO said:

I agree, party atmosphere, pure celebration and joy, followed by a quarter of a million  people lining the streets and in vicky park. I doubt even liverpool will celebrate this much, the greatest thing ever to happen to our club!

It felt like winning the lottery. Nobody could believe it actually happened. I still can’t quite get my head round it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That day was way too short ....... it needed to last forever .........

My son and I stayed in the ground after most had left. We wandered down to the front behind the dugout as the players and families were doing interviews and savouring the magnitude of what happened. Most around us were Italians that had sneaked in when the doors opened and went into full on Latin celebration when Claudio came out of the tunnel with the Premier League trophy. The image of an empty East Stand shrouded in mist as Claudio posed for photos with his fellow nationals will stay with me forever. 

Sadly, security started dropping hints that perhaps it was time to leave. No one budged until they finally chucked us all out. Probably fair enough as I would most likely have still been there the following day. 

• Like 1

Was it just me that thought Bocelli was shite and completely out of place at a football match?

He had nothing to do with Leicester, and sang some opera over the dreadful KP sound system. Ranieri made us stop singing champions songs to listen to him drone on for ten minutes.

I also didn't enjoy the day as much as I should have due to the thousands of ticketless arseholes congregating outside the ground pre-match, apparently 'for the atmosphere'. Where were you when we were shit?

Edited by jeffschlupp
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Was it just me that thought Bocelli was shite and completely out of place at a football match?

He had nothing to do with Leicester, and sang some opera over the dreadful KP sound system. Ranieri made us stop singing champions songs to listen to him drone on for ten minutes.

I also didn't enjoy the day as much as I should have due to the thousands of ticketless arseholes congregating outside the ground pre-match, apparently 'for the atmosphere'. Where were you when we were shit?

Yep

39 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I was one of the ticketless arseholes outside the ground pre-match soaking up the atmosphere.

I actually attended many games that season but ended up being a ticketless arsehole mainly due

to being unable to get a ticket. I’s a shame all those people outside the ground ruined your day, why

didn’t you just go straight in? 
My first game was in 1977 a 4-0 home defeat to Liverpool, we were quite shit that day.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Did you like anything about that day?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Just wow with that. You must surely be on a wind up. I didnt have a ticket as due to family commitments i couldnt afford to keep my season ticket. I turned up and the whole of the city centre was magical. Busier than xmas shopping. And as for where were you when we were shit? 20 away games in league 1 and also followed us to Kilmarnock and games in Finland in pre season games over the years. Dont judge people who didnt have a ticket

• Like 1

I have to admit that I needed to watch it on TV in the following days to fully appreciate Bocelli. The PA isn't the greatest and despite Claudia's request to keep the noise down it seemed half the crowd thought they were tenors and sang along. Seemed to be so much going on with the banners and flag waving it almost appeared the crowd were fluid. Perhaps I was just high on the atmosphere. 

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Yeah just you.

Fair enough!

3 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I was one of the ticketless arseholes outside the ground pre-match soaking up the atmosphere.

I actually attended many games that season but ended up being a ticketless arsehole mainly due

to being unable to get a ticket. I’s a shame all those people outside the ground ruined your day, why

didn’t you just go straight in? 
My first game was in 1977 a 4-0 home defeat to Liverpool, we were quite shit that day.

The day wasn't ruined at all, it just felt a bit bizarre that everyone decided to just turn up for that one game. There were plenty of obviously non-football fans there, I should've made that clearer and not tarred all with the same brush.

3 hours ago, The_77 said:

Well we did lift the premier league trophy, of course...

Edited by jeffschlupp

3 hours ago, The_77 said:

I know someone that had an awful day. However is is an Everton season ticket holder. I saw him about a week later and he told me about the harassment he got for his ticket by City fans in the Counting House. They wouldn't accept no for an answer and some followed him and his brother to the ground still being harranged for tickets. He said they would've happily stayed in the pub but was concerned what might've happened to his ticket (sold on to a tout?) and the fact it could've been tracked back to him. 

To make matters worse, when he got in the away corner was loaded with City fans many not even trying to disguise themselves and security ignored it. 

I think he might've also been a bit envious :)

• Haha 1