merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

22 hours ago, SmuelMartin said:

Hearing season long loan for Coutinho...

Not happening his agent has said he's nit even spoken to Barca yet abd wintvtill he's available.  He's not spoken to any clubs. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Not happening his agent has said he's nit even spoken to Barca yet abd wintvtill he's available.  He's not spoken to any clubs. 

It’s an interesting window re stuff like this - if the player wants CL football then committing to anyone in the prem before second half July could be impossible ....  surely Barca can’t wait that long re their own plans ....... he won’t be the only one in this position either .... and the buying clubs not knowing their budgets aswell .....

Nice analysis of it all @StriderHiryu 

Can’t really argue with anything you have said in all honesty. Certainly think it’ll be interesting and would be intrigued to see what we have lined up.

Time will tell as to everything that pans out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Yeah that sounds more likely 

3 hours ago, SmuelMartin said:

Also the offer of Champions League (touch wood)

True, London seem to have such a pull on foreign players, it could come down to those 3rd and 4th place finishes 

• Like 1

New training ground will certainly help us bring in a higher calibre of player - not that we've been doing bad with what we've been working with - but it opens new opportunities.

Think it's one of the reasons Newcastle will take a little while to get going after their takeover, they have a decent stadium but training facilities badly need investment, they'll attract players with the cheddar but a few will turn their noses up until they fix it up.

54 minutes ago, W88DY said:

Indykaila is known to be an extremely unreliable source, (not saying that means he’s coming to us) but I think it’s anyone’s guess at the moment where he’ll end up.

We won’t know much about anyone coming in for at least a month yet, and that will most likely only be frees if players leave when their contracts expire in the summer, instead of extending until the end of season. 

• Like 1

If Coutinho is happy playing for a club unlikely to be in the CL or EL then good luck to him. Plus Stan the man will not spend.

12 hours ago, W88DY said:

If he has rejected us, oh well we move on! His loss! 😂 He can enjoy Arsenal and not playing in Europe 😉

• Like 2

22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

For sure, there will be players that fly in "just for a talk", will see the training ground and think "whoa!"

If Coronavirus didn't happen, I could have seen the Coutinho loan deal happening. Now however, I think a player on those kind of wages is out of our ballpark. Revenues for all clubs is going to massively diminish so I think pragmatism and being prudent is more important than spending big and running into financial problems later on. Next years PL and Champions League money will be less than it would normally, plus lost revenue from home gate receipts. Thus I think it will be a quiet transfer window this time round with spending massively reduced across the board, with only the Manc clubs and Chelsea spending big. Even Liverpool I think will be fairly timid this summer but probably spend big the following summer instead. I think we will get players, but think signings like Lallana, Ryan Fraser, Josh King even are more likely. IE "proven" PL players that have something to offer, but not marquee signings.

Only counter point to this is that our owners have backed the club many times before. Cambiasso was a marquee signing, Slimani might not have made the cut but was a record transfer fee, and last summer both Perez and then Tielemans were record signings. But the King Power's main source of revenue is Duty Free at airports, and that must be taking a colossal hit right now. It's very understandable if we "tread water" for 6-12 months IMO, and as long as we keep the core squad together we will still be in a good place.

Hadn't even thought about the duty free aspect of all this..is that definitely the main source of income? 

22 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Hadn't even thought about the duty free aspect of all this..is that definitely the main source of income? 

We don't really know because King Power is a private conglomerate. LCFC is 100% self-sufficient and does not require any outside investment, not even for the Training Ground and Stadium Improvements (testament to how well run all KP companies are). But if KP is having a bad time, that might mean Top doesn't want to over commit any more resources. It's hard to know what his future plans are, but it wouldn't surprise me if at some point he makes a one-off cash injection into the club. He said last year after his father died that he intended to make Leicester a "very strong team" and subsequently fired Puel and brought in Rodgers on a top salary, so it's not unprecedented he might do something like that in the future, even if it's through "creative" methods such as a bigger sponsorship deal from King Power themselves.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, W88DY said:

I'd completely forgotten about that account. The last time I checked was probably during our pursuit of Charles Aranguiz.

He's somehow got 300,000 followers which he uses to flog shitty mugs/t-shirts to Liverpool fans. Ridiculous that people don't unfollow.

2 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

has that indy fella ever got a single transfer right? 

You'd think he'd have got at least one right by now just by pure fluke. Throw enough s**t at the wall and eventually something will stick.

3 hours ago, Danizen said:

I'd completely forgotten about that account. The last time I checked was probably during our pursuit of Charles Aranguiz.

He's somehow got 300,000 followers which he uses to flog shitty mugs/t-shirts to Liverpool fans. Ridiculous that people don't unfollow.

To spout complete b******s and still have hundreds of thousands of followers and be able to successfully flog a load of merch, I'm not sure if the guy's a complete p***k or my hero.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

To spout complete b******s and still have hundreds of thousands of followers and be able to successfully flog a load of merch, I'm not sure if the guy's a complete p***k or my hero.

What makes it worse is he’s from Leicester!

Just think this would be the massively unrealistic transfer, this story is purely being driven due to the connection of Rodgers and there is no other reason (realistically) why Coutinho would want to come the city. 

We're looking for rumours of a deal which will never get of the ground.

3 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Just think this would be the massively unrealistic transfer, this story is purely being driven due to the connection of Rodgers and there is no other reason (realistically) why Coutinho would want to come the city. 

We're looking for rumours of a deal which will never get of the ground.

Absolutely.

But I’m still gonna get excited thinking about it out of some misguided but knowing moronic hope.

But that’s the transfer talk window all over eh?!

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/05/2020 at 14:35, themightyfin said:

I've been told Coutinho and Lallana are nothing more than clickbait