merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

23 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I've been told Coutinho and Lallana are nothing more than clickbait 

I think it’s marv we have a clickbait transfer talk Department in Wales. 

You and your team may just help myself and @SheppyFox through this difficult time with What’s left of our mental health intact!

• Like 1

On 28/05/2020 at 12:03, Cardiff_Fox said:

You've been told or you read the Tanner article?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You've been told or you read the Tanner article?

Check the date, was before the Tanner article 

On 28/05/2020 at 12:03, Cardiff_Fox said:

I personally think the majority of transfer rumours are clickbait at the best of times but now more than ever they're just not worth investing in.

Just as every rule has exceptions, I'm sure there's a few transfers worldwide that are almost guaranteed pending. Moves like Icardi to PSG permanent that make sense on every level. 

But 90% are going to be rubbish to fill the silence, now more than ever. Not many footballers are going to commit to moves when so many clubs, even the big ones, could end up in all sorts of situations next year. 

• Like 2

I’d say the majority of articles on transfers have been fed to journalists  by agents. Whether it is to get a new contract or to get a move I’m not sure

On 30/05/2020 at 09:12, Finnegan said:

I personally think the majority of transfer rumours are clickbait at the best of times but now more than ever they're just not worth investing in.

Just as every rule has exceptions, I'm sure there's a few transfers worldwide that are almost guaranteed pending. Moves like Icardi to PSG permanent that make sense on every level. 

But 90% are going to be rubbish to fill the silence, now more than ever. Not many footballers are going to commit to moves when so many clubs, even the big ones, could end up in all sorts of situations next year. 

Apparently in this example though, it’s got to the stage where the club have asked the Mercury to tone it down. You are correct that the large amount of ‘news’ is going to be clickbait over the next few months 

• Like 1

Rodgers saying all the right things to lure him here. Not worked out at barca or bayern for him. Big clubs don't always fit great players. Lets go for it.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2020 at 18:35, Fox92 said:

Can't wait for him to rescue us points from nowhere. Countinho, bang, goal.

We need that type of player again, Mahrez did it so many times.

However I dont think it will be Countinho, we cant afford to buy him, so it would only be a loan and the only thing that draws him to us is Rodgers.

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

We need that type of player again, Mahrez did it so many times.

However I dont think it will be Countinho, we cant afford to buy him, so it would only be a loan and the only thing that draws him to us is Rodgers.

And the best training facility anywhere in europe having the finishing touches put to it, a fantastic owner and management structure that are the envy of the footballing world, a bright talented ambitious young squad and european football. Not saying that BR would not be an influencing factor but we do have a lot more going for us than just the fact that he was his old boss in a previous job.

On 26/05/2020 at 15:21, Danizen said:

I'd completely forgotten about that account. The last time I checked was probably during our pursuit of Charles Aranguiz.

He's somehow got 300,000 followers which he uses to flog shitty mugs/t-shirts to Liverpool fans. Ridiculous that people don't unfollow.

I know the lad who runs it, i went college with him. In its early days i used to abuse him via Twitter calling out his BS. Seen him on a night out and he tried to tell me it's all legit but laughed after a 5 second pause. He did show me his back account and makes a lot of money from that account. No idea how it's still going though, some of the stuff he posts is definitely parody.