merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

Not wanted by Barcelona, Man City, Liverpool, Munich, Juventus etc, 

I’m surprised he hasn’t been used in a makeweight transfer to bring Neymar back to Camp Nou, as realistically they are the only club I can see paying the ridiculous wage fee.

His best position is central, not really an area we’re looking to upgrade on, when you consider we’ve done a deal with Maddison on a new contract.  

When his Barca Contract expires in 2023, I can’t see him commanding the same wage. Barca need to shed players, as they’re a club largely in a mess (as eluded to by Messi). They’ll potentially need to either find a way to use him for the next two years, or subsidise a wage. 

A few of these players sitting at the big Spanish clubs now. The likes of Rodriguez, Bale, Coutinho, Turan, Dembele, Hazard, Asensio, Jovic etc 

They’ve paid massive, massive money for them at a point in time and they aren’t getting game time. They’ll struggle to sell them, as they’re being paid silly money which they won’t get elsewhere. So they end up being loaned, season, after season ......

Even in the Premier League, Sanchez and Ozil stand out. Manchester United have little choice but to stand by De Gea as he’s reportedly on £19.5m / year until 2025! Who else is paying that!?!? That’s £78m in wages for the next 4 years alone. 

The players will always take the money, why wouldn’t they? 

It’s the clubs that have got to re-evaluate how they do business. As I’ve said before, the game is 11 v 11 at any given time. Paying £100m+ for a player to get little gain, isn’t the way forwards. They don’t play, the value depreciates. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sly said:

Not wanted by Barcelona, Man City, Liverpool, Munich, Juventus etc, 

I’m surprised he hasn’t been used in a makeweight transfer to bring Neymar back to Camp Nou, as realistically they are the only club I can see paying the ridiculous wage fee.

His best position is central, not really an area we’re looking to upgrade on, when you consider we’ve done a deal with Maddison on a new contract.  

When his Barca Contract expires in 2023, I can’t see him commanding the same wage. Barca need to shed players, as they’re a club largely in a mess (as eluded to by Messi). They’ll potentially need to either find a way to use him for the next two years, or subsidise a wage. 

A few of these players sitting at the big Spanish clubs now. The likes of Rodriguez, Bale, Coutinho, Turan, Dembele, Hazard, Asensio, Jovic etc 

They’ve paid massive, massive money for them at a point in time and they aren’t getting game time. They’ll struggle to sell them, as they’re being paid silly money which they won’t get elsewhere. So they end up being loaned, season, after season ......

Even in the Premier League, Sanchez and Ozil stand out. Manchester United have little choice but to stand by De Gea as he’s reportedly on £19.5m / year until 2025! Who else is paying that!?!? That’s £78m in wages for the next 4 years alone. 

The players will always take the money, why wouldn’t they? 

It’s the clubs that have got to re-evaluate how they do business. As I’ve said before, the game is 11 v 11 at any given time. Paying £100m+ for a player to get little gain, isn’t the way forwards. They don’t play, the value depreciates. 

But teams like Man U always will and I can’t stand it!

even if they finished 5th, heck even if they finished mid table this season they would still sign whoever they want!! I can’t stand that club, been a mess for years and I hope they get bit in the arse with all this money spending but looking at their neighbours it looks like nothing will be done!

3 hours ago, jmono84 said:

But teams like Man U always will and I can’t stand it!

even if they finished 5th, heck even if they finished mid table this season they would still sign whoever they want!! I can’t stand that club, been a mess for years and I hope they get bit in the arse with all this money spending but looking at their neighbours it looks like nothing will be done!

Frustrating really isn’t it! Stockpile talent! 

......... if only the sport had a wage cap! 

• Like 2

27 million cost for one season! No thank you, if he’s a flop it’s a bigger waste than the 27 we spent on slimani! Loans are meant to be fairly risk free and cheaper than buying. This is totally opposite! A huge no from me despite him being absolute quality! 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

27 million cost for one season! No thank you, if he’s a flop it’s a bigger waste than the 27 we spent on slimani! Loans are meant to be fairly risk free and cheaper than buying. This is totally opposite! A huge no from me despite him being absolute quality! 

But if he absolute quality, as you suggest, surely that vastly minimises any risk. For me it depends what the alleged £27mil loan fee entails in subsequent buy clauses and whether or not part of the loan is offset in any further purchase.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sly said:

Frustrating really isn’t it! Stockpile talent! 

......... if only the sport had a wage cap! 

For billionaires.

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I have just realised, he is not coming here..... He is going to Leicester Whispers.... Must be a wadded Sunday league team.  

He’s heard of Leicester tigers....

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm still not over the fact people wanted him here for less than 12 months for 27 million pounds. That's Tagliaficos transfer feelol

if he helped secure a top 6 again i would argue that was well worth the fee.