Jump to content
merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

I'm not saying he's a bad player, who would you drop to play him in our team and who would you drop to play him in the Liverpool team?

He still gets into the Liverpool team every day of the week in my opinion. You’d have Fabinho partnered with Henderson or Wijnaldum and Coutinho a bit further forward. In our side he takes one of the wide berths, maybe start him left and Barnes right, or vice versa.
 

I think a lot of people, not saying you mate, disregard how much running he used to do for Liverpool. Bit like Maddison with us, lightweight in terms of physique but have fight and Rodgers has brought the hard yards out of both in his career. 

Edited by pmcla26
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

He still gets into the Liverpool team every day of the week in my opinion. You’d have Fabinho partnered with Henderson or Wijnaldum and Coutinho a bit further forward. In our side he takes one of the wide berths, maybe start him left and Barnes right, or vice versa.
 

I think a lot of people, not saying you mate, disregard how much running he used to do for Liverpool. Bit like Maddison with us, lightweight in terms of physique but have fight and Rodgers has brought the hard yards out of both in his career. 

Love that phrase "hard yards". Never seen a player in a club managed by Rodgers even get on the field without 100%+ effort.

Sad that people don't see the work that so many of the players do off the ball. As if scoring goals is the only thing that matters and

not the two or three touches before that made it possible.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Love that phrase "hard yards". Never seen a player in a club managed by Rodgers even get on the field without 100%+ effort.

 

Did you skip the last two months of the current season?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

The most deluded thread on Fox Talk ever 


 

Face of Kinder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels more like one the chances to get a cult rumour for the archives, like "remember the time we nearly signed Cruyff" rather than an ectual newsworthy story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Feels more like one the chances to get a cult rumour for the archives, like "remember the time we nearly signed Cruyff" rather than an ectual newsworthy story. 

Nah, Cruyff wasn't THAT good, anyway, now, was he? :P;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

I'm not saying he's a bad player, who would you drop to play him in our team and who would you drop to play him in the Liverpool team?

And that is relevant to us how? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Feels more like one the chances to get a cult rumour for the archives, like "remember the time we nearly signed Cruyff" rather than an ectual newsworthy story. 

Remember when we nearly signed Cambiasso, was that newsworthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Remember when we nearly signed Cambiasso, was that newsworthy

Nah thats crazy we would never get cambiasso ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Feels more like one the chances to get a cult rumour for the archives, like "remember the time we nearly signed Cruyff" rather than an ectual newsworthy story. 

Yeah but we really did almost sign Cruyff. It was practically a done deal until we got gazumped at the eleventh hour by an offer which guaranteed him a share of gate receipts.  This is entirely different and just one of those media stories doing the rounds. Until there is an offer on the table, or a medical scheduled then that is all it ever will be.

That said, it shows how far we have come in this modern era that we are even being linked with this type of player. My only reservation is that Barca are dangling a carrot with a hidden agenda to snare Ricaro and/or Soyuncu as part of any deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2020 at 07:55, pmcla26 said:

He still gets into the Liverpool team every day of the week in my opinion. You’d have Fabinho partnered with Henderson or Wijnaldum and Coutinho a bit further forward. In our side he takes one of the wide berths, maybe start him left and Barnes right, or vice versa.
 

I think a lot of people, not saying you mate, disregard how much running he used to do for Liverpool. Bit like Maddison with us, lightweight in terms of physique but have fight and Rodgers has brought the hard yards out of both in his career. 

I don't really rate Coutinho as one of the midfield three at all, in any team. And he definitely wouldn't get into Liverpool's midfield three, it would ruin their whole system - no way the fullbacks would be able to do what they do without all three very hard working mids.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't really rate Coutinho as one of the midfield three at all, in any team. And he definitely wouldn't get into Liverpool's midfield three, it would ruin their whole system - no way the fullbacks would be able to do what they do without all three very hard working mids.

In a 4-1-4-1 at Leicester though the four in front of Ndidi and behind Vardy would then be Coutinho Maddison Tielemans/Praet Perez/Barnes. No matter what I reckon about defensive tracking back and luxury players there is simply no way I could justify making a serious argument that outlined me not wanting to see that midfield play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

In a 4-1-4-1 at Leicester though the four in front of Ndidi and behind Vardy would then be Coutinho Maddison Tielemans/Praet Perez/Barnes. No matter what I reckon about defensive tracking back and luxury players there is simply no way I could justify making a serious argument that outlined me not wanting to see that midfield play.

I mean, remember when we put Maddison on the wing? I think in this formation, we would see the same thing. Maddison kept roaming inside to find space but it was already filled, and it just left a hole on the left to be filled by Chilwell, of all people. Coutinho is much the same in his style of play, if undeniably a better player. I know it's exciting lol, but sometimes "exciting" doesn't actually cut it (look at Liverpool's midfield three right now).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't really rate Coutinho as one of the midfield three at all, in any team. And he definitely wouldn't get into Liverpool's midfield three, it would ruin their whole system - no way the fullbacks would be able to do what they do without all three very hard working mids.

It really wouldn’t ruin their whole system. He runs a lot more than you’d think. They’ve only adapted their system to losing Coutinho, they’d easily adapt back to what they were + Van Dijk and Allison with Coutinho in the side too. 

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I mean, remember when we put Maddison on the wing? I think in this formation, we would see the same thing. Maddison kept roaming inside to find space but it was already filled, and it just left a hole on the left to be filled by Chilwell, of all people. Coutinho is much the same in his style of play, if undeniably a better player. I know it's exciting lol, but sometimes "exciting" doesn't actually cut it (look at Liverpool's midfield three right now).

and if you don’t rate Coutinho in a 3 “in any team” but then say it would be the same as putting Maddison on the left, then what position does he play? He’s world class and could play any of the 4 positions behind Vardy and improve us.

Edited by pmcla26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I mean, remember when we put Maddison on the wing? I think in this formation, we would see the same thing. Maddison kept roaming inside to find space but it was already filled, and it just left a hole on the left to be filled by Chilwell, of all people. Coutinho is much the same in his style of play, if undeniably a better player. I know it's exciting lol, but sometimes "exciting" doesn't actually cut it (look at Liverpool's midfield three right now).

Exactly this, you can't just put good players in a team and hope it works, a teams a very difficult balance, Coutinho worked in that Liverpool team but not particularly well at Barcelona of Bayern. I'm sure we could spend that sort of fee and wages better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sly1 said:

Hope we pull this off wow:scarf:

We won't. Not impossible and I've not got a chrystal ball, I don't know for certain but we won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/04/2020 at 12:11, Tuna said:

 

Must have a source involved on match days.


I'd highly doubt it's someone high up detailing transfer activity though.

The fact he gets team news so early says it's some a little high up. I doubt Brendan talks line ups to Doris the tea lady. I would also think most of the time the players are in the dressing room before they find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The fact he gets team news so early says it's some a little high up. I doubt Brendan talks line ups to Doris the tea lady. I would also think most of the time the players are in the dressing room before they find out.

Would a 3rd choice keeper be considered high up? Or a fringe youth player? 

 

I very much doubt his source gets any transfer knowledge, just hearsay from around the ground. 

 

My mate worked as a physio at Hull back when Pearson had just returned and just form the chats with players was adamant that James Chester was coming here. Obviously turned out to be rubbish but it’s the same type of murmurs that SFE is getting.  

 

Even the players are in the dark about what’s happening most of the time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports say Barcelona are only considering a player-swap deal for Coutinho (and Dembele).

 

Just send them a GIF of his good goal at Old Trafford, and they'll know they've got some player if they want him..:whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Has the Newcastle takeover happened yet? 

They'll be well up for a big signing as a statement of intent. 

Welcome Islam Slimani..!

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Reports say Barcelona are only considering a player-swap deal for Coutinho (and Dembele).

 

Just send them a GIF of his good goal at Old Trafford, and they'll know they've got some player if they want him..:whistle:

Send them this masterpiece and offer a straight swap 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...