Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

City planning to return to training in May

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know we're all desperate for some football but I wonder how many minutes into the first behind closed door game it will be before we think..this is shit. 

Maybe. But I wouldn't care tbh - I just want us to claim a champions League spot. I don't care how we do it, we deserve it lol

It's either that or the season is void and it's all been for nothing. 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Maybe. But I wouldn't care tbh - I just want us to claim a champions League spot. I don't care how we do it, we deserve it lol

It's either that or the season is void and it's all been for nothing. 

Oh definitely, and I'll be watching every minute. No matter how shit it will be. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Oh definitely, and I'll be watching every minute. No matter how shit it will be. 

It's the masochist in all of us that wants football back, regardless of how shit it is :D. We love it, we want it back, but only when safe!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yes said:

Anyone know if the FA Cup is likely to finish? 

The fa cup at semi and final stages is all about Wembley, fans and atmosphere 

I can’t see much point in finishing it behind closed doors with no fans to celebrate with the players ...... it differs from league games in that regard 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The fa cup at semi and final stages is all about Wembley, fans and atmosphere 

I can’t see much point in finishing it behind closed doors with no fans to celebrate with the players ...... it differs from league games in that regard 

Agree about the final but the other renaining games can be played behind closed doors for me.

Then play the final at Wembley whenever its safe to do so.

Just now, boots60 said:

Agree about the final but the other renaining games can be played behind closed doors for me.

Then play the final at Wembley whenever its safe to do so.

So you play the quarters, and semis at neutral grounds behind closed doors and the final some time in the autumn .....  just can’t see it being worth doing with all the demands that will be coming onto the players etc 

The problem is that tv deals have been agreed for next season etc. It’s not just about getting this season finished. It’s abiut getting next season started in enough time to be finished for the euros which has been rescheduled. Everything’s a knock on effect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

The problem is that tv deals have been agreed for next season etc. It’s not just about getting this season finished. It’s abiut getting next season started in enough time to be finished for the euros which has been rescheduled. Everything’s a knock on effect. 

I might be alone in this thinking, but after all of this I really dont care if the Euros are just cancelled entirely. 

Id rather take the stress off of rushing the leagues and allow a bit of freedom for next season to over run as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I might be alone in this thinking, but after all of this I really dont care if the Euros are just cancelled entirely. 

Id rather take the stress off of rushing the leagues and allow a bit of freedom for next season to over run as well. 

I have said a couple of times that international football goes right out of the window. I agree. Get the domestic stuff back to normal first. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

22 players.

14 subs.

2 managers + coaching staff/other players
Some family members of players/staff
Few security personnel.

Approximately 70 people?

If you have a date far enough in the future, the necessary conditions for players to stay safe can be put in place. Anyone due to attend gets tested shortly before the game - if test is clear, they are cleared to play in/attend the game?

I don't think it's impossible for games to be played behind closed doors by June. But it's all speculation for now considering lockdown measures at the moment are still in place...

I would think it would be a lot more than that. I can think of officials, medical people and ball people and there are probably lots doing jobs on match days that we do not know about.

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

I would think it would be a lot more than that. I can think of officials, medical people and ball people and there are probably lots doing jobs on match days that we do not know about.

Yeah you're probably right. 

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Agree. But this is UEFA. 

15 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's at least 2 months away. 2 months ago we had just drew at home with Chelsea in front of a packed king power and Corona was still a refreshing Mexican beer. A lot can change in 2 months!

That's the problem, the smart folks (including certain governments like South Korea) already knew 2 months ago that the time to start fighting COVID-19 was already upon them.

15 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Bert is right. All clubs have been told to shape up for a June return. All behind closed doors, hence why the 3pm curfew has been dropped. Season simply has to finish, otherwise football will food like an accordion. 

Truly frightening

On 10/04/2020 at 05:34, TrentFox said:

So if one player in a group is tested positive, what do the rest do? Carry on and play or go into self-isolation? Has to be the latter. So how does the game progress behind closed doors if one team is absent ? 🤷‍♂️

We have successfully self isolated Vardy in many games this season. Anything is possible,  but at the moment most things are improbable.  

Life is more important than Football. Beat the Virus first.

• Haha 2

It's going to be very weird the players jumping on each other when we score. I thought that during our last match when their was no pre match handshake but the goals were celebrated normally. Well be even weirder when the rest of us are avoiding touching each other.

Or maybe they won't because it's going to feel like pre season.

Edited by Toddybad

6 hours ago, Toddybad said:

It's going to be very weird the players jumping on each other when we score. I thought that during our last match when their was no pre match handshake but the goals were celebrated normally. Well be even weirder when the rest of us are avoiding touching each other.

Or maybe they won't because it's going to feel like pre season.

Before the lockdown, the players on each others teams weren’t staying away from each other though. They weren’t avoiding shaking hands with each other, just the opposition. Still seemed a bit pointless as they were playing a contact sport but they’d have been sharing changing rooms, showers, water bottles etc! 

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t care what happens with this season as long as we aren’t robbed of Champions League football. 

The leagues should just finish now with the standings as they are, if we can’t get going again in the next month. 

If people are unhappy with where there side has finished then it should be a case of ‘tough, you weren’t good enough over 29 games’. 

I'm with you.

The wailing will more likely come from the relegation zones. My proposed solution would be to not relegate any teams, promote the 2 top clubs from the Championship and next season relegate 5 teams. Do something similar at each level.