7 minutes ago, shen said:

I can see Chilwell being quietly successful at Chelsea. His attitude has always been good and he's been pretty consistent over the past couple of seasons.

If there's one thing Chilwell hasn't had since he's been a fixture in our starting lineup it's consistency. One game he looks the best left back in world football, the next he can't control the ball or pass it five yards. 

For what it's worth I think Chelsea are getting a good player but seems very much Maguire-esque in us getting the better deal (depending on how we spend the money)

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If there's one thing Chilwell hasn't had since he's been a fixture in our starting lineup it's consistency. One game he looks the best left back in world football, the next he can't control the ball or pass it five yards. 

For what it's worth I think Chelsea are getting a good player but seems very much Maguire-esque in us getting the better deal (depending on how we spend the money)

Well I disagree with your black and white judgement of Chilwell. He has consistently improved over the last four seasons and he's only become more consistent during that time. Everyone's form dipped post lockdown, so using that as a yardstick is a bit unfair.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, shen said:

Well I disagree with your black and white judgement of Chilwell. He has consistently improved over the last four seasons and he's only become more consistent during that time. Everyone's form dipped post lockdown, so using that as a yardstick is a bit unfair.

I didn't say anything about his form post lockdown, in fact, I thought he was one of our best players in that period until his injury. We missed his dynamism down the flank, which was our key outlet in the first couple of games during Project Restart, especially without Ricardo on the otherside. 

Not really a black and white assessment of Chilwell either, he is inconsistent, but you're right he's improving year on year (those two things are very much hand in hand with young players) and his attitude has always been great. Does he have the impact of a £50m+ player for us though? I don't think so, maybe at Chelsea, where that is just another transfer to them, he will, but he's another decent English player who's overrated by the media and overpriced for his nationality. 

Going back to my original point with the comparison in terms of similarities to the Maguire deal, we'll miss him, but he's very much replaceable for that fee. 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, merlin1969 said:

Sky saying will happen tomorrow for £50 million

Who are you guys targeting as his replacement? I have to say, i am a big fan of Chilwell, his signing is actually more exciting to me than the Havertz deal lol

• Haha 3
53 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Who are you guys targeting as his replacement? I have to say, i am a big fan of Chilwell, his signing is actually more exciting to me than the Havertz deal lol

We've approached Ajax for Tagliafico, other than that, no concrete links. Tagliafico or Telles would be a dream, two leftbacks who are genuinely capable of crossing the ball. Either would add a totally new dimension to our attack.

Chilwell is going to be a huge loss no doubt about it. Hope he does really well at Chelsea & for England, be good to add another success story to the list of recent alumni. No shame in selling him either, the fact we are selling our left-back for £50m was unimaginable 5 years ago. Every team loses players, including their best ones. Hoping the infrastructure can keep the production line running and perhaps just as exciting will be the opportunity given to Luke Thomas and James Justin, Cheers chlleh!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Not sure if Messi would be comfortable at LB? 

I think he'd play in goal for us rather than stay at Barce. Plus we're Leicester City, you play where we say you play 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

There must be a reason why this is dragging on a bit 

One of the clubs doesn’t want to announce it yet

Draw your own conclusions re the multitude of possible reasons.....

waiting for the ominous silence thread to dissipate

8 hours ago, moseeds said:

Chilwell is going to be a huge loss no doubt about it. Hope he does really well at Chelsea & for England, be good to add another success story to the list of recent alumni. No shame in selling him either, the fact we are selling our left-back for £50m was unimaginable 5 years ago. Every team loses players, including their best ones. Hoping the infrastructure can keep the production line running and perhaps just as exciting will be the opportunity given to Luke Thomas and James Justin, Cheers chlleh!

I find it  hard to hope he does well at Chelsea.  Perhaps I am too partisan when it comes to Leicester.  I would rather have backed him here.

He is an academy developed player who is choosing to leave as we attempt to break into the top 4.

• Like 1

Congerton waiting for a replacement o come in first. He'll contact Ajax and Norwich in the coming days once out of a self imposed quarantine.