4 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

100% agree.

It’s a business now and if we can increase our revenue scope combined with the training facilities and stadium plans, then I’m confident we can compete with Spurs/Arsenal as I can see them breaking away from the other four soon.

You think with our 32-40k stadium (even after expansion) in Englands 13th largest city will be able to compete with Spurs and Arsenal in their 60k stadiums in London, a world city of 12M+.  While I admire your optimism, it isn't realistic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

You think with our 32-40k stadium (even after expansion) in Englands 13th largest city will be able to compete with Spurs and Arsenal in their 60k stadiums in London, a world city of 12M+.  While I admire your optimism, it isn't realistic.

Maybe it doesn’t read correctly, by competing with Spurs and Arsenal i’m talking league position. 

The other four will strengthen (Chelsea already have significantly) and will breakaway.

Arsenal have some good youngsters but Aubameyang is their only real star. For Spurs, I think they’ve already hit their high and will fade if Kane moves on.

Just now, PrecociousFox93 said:

Maybe it doesn’t read correctly, by competing with Spurs and Arsenal i’m talking league position. 

The other four will strengthen (Chelsea already have significantly) and will breakaway.

Arsenal have some good youngsters but Aubameyang is their only real star. For Spurs, I think they’ve already hit their high and will fade if Kane moves on.

Except they have the resouces to spend double or more than we do every season.  Yes they have ****ed that up recently, but they won't forever.  Part of Spurs problem imo is they seem to expect that once they break into the top 4 it somehow sticks and they stop bringing in top talent.

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

And do you in turn think the size of a city in the UK is the deciding factor for fans half way around the world? :)

It no longer works like that, as it now works on global fans not city based populations.

Get on TV, get global fans, get good league position and you get on TV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Except they have the resouces to spend double or more than we do every season.  Yes they have ****ed that up recently, but they won't forever.  Part of Spurs problem imo is they seem to expect that once they break into the top 4 it somehow sticks and they stop bringing in top talent.

That’s my whole point though. Success = global exposure. If we regularly finish in the top 6 then we start competing. 

I travelled Asia in 2018, a lot of locals there love us (I saw quite a few wearing shirts). You say Arsenal ****ed it up recently, but they’ve been on a decline for 15years or so. 

We’ve made astronomical progress in the past five years, it’s now about progressing that and making it sustainable.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Was he even at the game yesterday?

Yes he was, he was sat with madders, Ricky and cags

Edited by Hales

Didn’t know where else to put this, but I seen someone quote about the amount of chances created per game by Thomas, compared to other players in the squad. But can’t find it anywhere currently having a debate with a few friends & would like to use those stats lol 

Can anyone help me find this post?

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Didn’t know where else to put this, but I seen someone quote about the amount of chances created per game by Thomas, compared to other players in the squad. But can’t find it anywhere currently having a debate with a few friends & would like to use those stats lol 

Can anyone help me find this post?

In the luke thomas thread in the main forum 

• Like 1

On 27/07/2020 at 09:02, MickeyMouse said:

He should not be sold. Now that it is time to bear fruit from the experience and game time he's been given here we're trying to sell him and repeat it all over again with Thomas. Selling him would weaken us and strengthen a league rival. If we can't buy new players without selling him then so be it but we keep him.

...If he wants to go, there's no point in keeping him!!!

Subject to another club meeting our evaluation, our hands will be tied.

• Like 1

we’ve had some very well-timed injuries. might have cost us 1 place in the league but we are definitely keeping pereira., possibly chilly and maddison is signing a new contract.

Blessing in disguise.

• Like 1

EXCLUSIVE: Ben Chilwell will tell Leicester that he wants to quit to join Chelsea |@JamesNursey

mirror.co.uk/sport/football…

Edited by happy85

what a sliding doors moment this entire 2020 has been. If we make CL we probably keep him, our left side looks very weak without him 

There's no way they'll pay the fee IMO, especially if they're buying a new keeper. 4 years left on his contract, I think he'll stay another year then go next summer.

• Like 2

Was at the training ground in the gym today judging by his Instagram, maybe he told the club then! The article isn’t based on anything factual, just the usual unsettle a little old Leicester player as we don’t want anyone stepping into the wankfest of the big 6! 

Anyone who doesn’t think this has been happening in the back round for months Is dilusional.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone who doesn’t think this has been happening in the back round for months Is dilusional.

We’ve been told it has been but the question is will Chelsea pay the money.  I think they will but now we dont have CL football, how easy will it be for us to recruit a top class replacement ......

Thomas has been crossing like Trent Alexander in his few performances. I think we have more of a player already. Also captain of England under 19’s. So showing maturity and leadership at such a young age. Sell Chilwell

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Thomas has been crossing like Trent Alexander in his few performances. I think we have more of a player already. Also captain of England under 19’s. So showing maturity and leadership at such a young age. Sell Chilwell

And don't forget Justin. Is his preferred side left or right? 

Either way, between the pair of them I'm happy to let chilly go and spend up the other end. (and cb) 

• Like 1

Thomas has a great way of delaying a cross and pinpoint! A lot of goals conceded were from chilwells side! So I’m not sure why chelsea who are trying to shore up there defence want to sign someone who is no better than what they have defensively! Happily take the money and spend it further up the pitch 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Absolutely..

Chilwell no loss in my opinion.

Thomas looks a better all round player to me and can cross a ball unlike Chilwell.

Take Chelsea's money fast before they change their minds!!

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We’ve been told it has been but the question is will Chelsea pay the money.  I think they will but now we dont have CL football, how easy will it be for us to recruit a top class replacement ......

We probably need to sell to raise funds, he wants to go and they want him. Recon it will be £50m plus add ons up to £60m.

Also, Chilwell will be a miss but isn’t irreplaceable. That said, his replacement isn’t Thomas yet so maybe give the young lad who only made his debut due to many injuries a chance to succeed rather than hyping him up. 

I expect he goes on loan to a Championship team unless he stays for cup games. 

• Like 2