Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

True BUT not many other clubs are going to be starting with a weakened side and one with some of our biggest names on the injury list.

True, but your transfer policy had to be about getting the best and the right players in for the whole season, not just the first month.

15 days until the season starts and no players signed.

Since December 2019 it has showed that we need at least 5 players.

CB, 2 Wingers, ST, and now a LB.

No movement what so ever other than players going out.

I don't know about you but I'm shitting it for next season and we will carry our relegation form into next season 

Just now, shailen said:

I don't know why we aren't going after Jamal Lewis. Think he'd do well for us and surely we can get him for £15-£20m. Other than that I'd take Bryan from Fulham. 

You may as well  play Thomas if you want to develop youth potential.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

You may as well  play Thomas if you want to develop youth potential.

It's probably too much to ask him to play more than 20-25 games. I don't think we can go into this season with him as our first choice LB. It's too much to expect from him at this stage. 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

It's probably too much to ask him to play more than 20-25 games. I don't think we can go into this season with him as our first choice LB. It's too much to expect from him at this stage. 

But I don't see Lewis as being any better than Thomas. Young lad with potential to improve. Surely we need an experienced left back whom Thomas can learn from and gradually integrate him into the team over the next 3 years, as we did with Chilwell.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

But I don't see Lewis as being any better than Thomas. Young lad with potential to improve. Surely we need an experienced left back whom Thomas can learn from and gradually integrate him into the team over the next 3 years, as we did with Chilwell.

I think it's too early to rely on Thomas as our number 1 LB. He showed glimpses of quality for sure but also some flaws especially against Spurs. Its expected from an inexperienced player. 

Maybe you are right and maybe we need someone who is more experienced. I just don't think there is anyone we can get better than Lewis without spending more than £15-£20m and not buying someone who is well past it. 

I know the club may have to wait for the best deals, with players like Telles/ Tagliafico waiting to consider their options. I really think we need one defensive signing before the season starts. Our attacking options are fine for a couple weeks, but a backline of Thomas/Soyuncu/Benkovic/Justin is a liability. Either we sign a new pacy centreback and switch to a back three the first few games, or sign a strong left back to strengthen the back 4.

• Like 1

Must admit little worried. Names leaked poor at best . We’ve always been a streaky team . Our current streak says relegation.
Desperately need better quality wide players a centre back and a left back .
Guess we didn’t learn from the maguire and mahrez deals regarding buying a replacement 1st .
Very negative around club at the minute.
Not good:dunno: ....

1 hour ago, crisp packet said:

Must admit little worried. Names leaked poor at best . We’ve always been a streaky team . Our current streak says relegation.
Desperately need better quality wide players a centre back and a left back .
Guess we didn’t learn from the maguire and mahrez deals regarding buying a replacement 1st .
Very negative around club at the minute.
Not good:dunno: ....

Names leaked? 

You can't just replace Mahrez, world class talents don't just appear. We'd brought in a potential Maguire replacement the year prior to selling him

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Eze gone to Palace 

Nice move for him that. If he does well he'll get another bigger London move and Palace will get someone to take the strain of Zaha for a while! 

38 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Nice move for him that. If he does well he'll get another bigger London move and Palace will get someone to take the strain of Zaha for a while! 

Ok, time for us to get that sh*t swizzler Zaha in solve our RW issue?

5 minutes ago, City1884 said:

I know we’ve been here before, and I know there are no direct links to us in the press, but I still think this could be the way we go to reinforce the CB position...............

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11787/12057998/celtic-kristoffer-ajer-and-olivier-ntcham-could-look-for-exit

There you go 😂👍