Jump to content
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Recommended Posts

Zinho Vanheusden.

Anyone know how this guy has progressed?

Was at Inter, but then loan at Standard and ended up joining on a permanent I think,  it much fancies a while ago.

Boy is still young enough to be a prospect.

:dunno:

 

Come on @Ric Flair let’s have your latest scout report on this guy. :ph34r:

Edited by Dahnsouff
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

another year without a winger

pathetic 

no one is going to sell a winger, and a good one at that, if they haven't got a replacement either ready in the team, or more likely to bring in. We are at the mercy of the market, and due to uncertainty we're going to have to wait until the timings are right. I'm confident we've identified our targets and have approached/bid etc. There's too many elements in a normal window that would slow movement, but it's another level this summer. There's another month. We'd all like our players in, training and ready, but the window, and the season ahead are going to be all over the shop. We need to tailor our expectations otherwise there's a chance our fans will turn sour and ruin the work done so far.

 

 

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

another year without a winger

pathetic 

If we bring in the tight folk in other positions, we wont need one....

 

Another LWB, a CB and a striker and we are very strong. 

Let's say, Fofana, Ballo-Toure and Eduoard.

 

That means....  

 

                             Kasper

 

             Fofana     Evans      Cags

 

Ricardo                                             Toure

               Tielemans        Ndidi

 

                           Maddison

 

               Eduoard                Vardy

 

With a bench of.....

 

Ward

Benkovic/Morgan

Castagne (cover both WBs)

Mendy/Hamza (incase MF needs it)

Praet

Perez/Barnes (incase we need width)

Ihneacho 

 

And.....

 

JJ

Fuchs

Thomas

KDH

Gray

Albrighton

 

.....Not even making the bench.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Can’t understand why were not interested in Wilson at 20m from Bournemouth. Would be imo a decent option upfront. 

because he’s so painfully average, which is what we already have on the wings 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

because he’s so painfully average, which is what we already have on the wings 

I just think with better service he would score goals here. He’s an experienced player in the pl. The alternative is taking a risk on an unproven player from abroad and paying over the odds for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

I just think with better service he would score goals here. He’s an experienced player in the pl. The alternative is taking a risk on an unproven player from abroad and paying over the odds for him. 

It's buying players from EPL clubs where you ran greater risk of paying over the odds, see Perez.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I know the jury’s still out on Perez but I’d rather him than Slimani, ghezzal and Silva.  Those 3 we obviously paid over the odds. 

So would I but it doesn't mean you never paid over the odds for him. Slimani, Ghezzal and Silva aren't signings you can describe as paying over the odds for, they are just bad signings. Perez has been a decent enough signing but based on his contribution you've paid over the odds for him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

2 things.

  1. Window is not closed
  2. Playing without wingers IS a valid strategy lol

 

I think we confuse wingers with just the absolute lack of attacking creativity quality in the team ..like apart from Ricardo we have got zero players that can actually take on someone with pace and skill and just make something happen.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get Tarkowski or possibly Fofana through the door, then all we need is another attacking option.

 

Getting a winger in who can score 15-20 a season is unlikely. 
 

We need to go for Edouard or someone of that ilk, who is highly rated and would be a good understudy to Vardy.

 

Daka, Boadu, Malen and Watkins are others that spring to mind.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Don't see the point of another centre forward, Rodgers says it's creativity that is the problem, not finishing the chances.

 

If we are sticking to 4-3-3 you are unlikely to convince players like Édouard and Daka to play the same squad role Kelechi has for three seasons. I'd take a young 18 year old prospect as @Ric Flair suggested, who can perhaps get the odd game as third choice, but we have to spend the bulk of the remaining budget on a creative force on the right flank that can provide the killer ball.

 

We're at that stage where with Tielemans and Maddison we have two players who can play the ball before the assist, but the end product of our current options when they try to cross, cut back, play the final through ball is crap. That would make far more sense to me than spending £30m on another Iheanacho. 

Creativity at the top end of the pitch, that could mean another midfielder, another striker, maybe both. 4-2-3-1 is the formation we tended to go for last season, within time it ended up failing because our wingers are dogshit. Vardy was starting to get isolated so we rightfully changed formation. Vardy is better off with support, whether that’s with Perez, Iheanacho or both, it’s a must for me next season.

 

Some random kid, coming to sit on the bench won’t make much difference. We need a top quality right winger or someone who can start alongside Vardy, a right winger could be hard to come by though.

 

Tielemans and Maddison are two players we look towards as being creative, they should be getting assists themselves, especially Maddison who only posted 3 last season, which is poor standards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Creativity at the top end of the pitch, that could mean another midfielder, another striker, maybe both. 4-2-3-1 is the formation we tended to go for last season, within time it ended up failing because our wingers are dogshit. Vardy was starting to get isolated so we rightfully changed formation. Vardy is better off with support, whether that’s with Perez, Iheanacho or both, it’s a must for me next season.

 

Some random kid, coming to sit on the bench won’t make much difference. We need a top quality right winger or someone who can start alongside Vardy, a right winger could be hard to come by though.

 

Tielemans and Maddison are two players we look towards as being creative, they should be getting assists themselves, especially Maddison who only posted 3 last season, which is poor standards.

Maddison created a decent amount of chances, not his fault that people couldnt finish them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Maddison created a decent amount of chances, not his fault that people couldnt finish them. 

See i am perplexed by Maddison's chance created stats, unless its all set pieces I'm not sure where the stats derive from, he was anonymous 2nd half of the season going forward 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...