Jump to content
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Clearly lacking in squad depth, Brendan getting his reasoning in as he has done at every other club

It’s fair reasoning though. He is being forced to play his CDM at CB having sold one for £80million 12 months ago. It’s an unfair position to put him in and if the results don’t come, we(the fans) will jump on him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s fair reasoning though. He is being forced to play his CDM at CB having sold one for £80million 12 months ago. It’s an unfair position to put him in and if the results don’t come, we(the fans) will jump on him. 

It's pretty devious behaviour imo, the transfer window still has a few weeks to run. He should be putting on a united front and not sowing the seeds of a manouvre to shift the blame should the season not start well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AjcW said:

Popped this in the Rodger thread, but spotted we'd been discussing in here so thought i'd share....

 

 

I think some of those on the free transfer list will start coming back into focus soon if we can't get key deals over the line. Those sorts of players will provide the squad depth, rather than being key starters

 

Still on there (not saying i'd take these, but they're of the right level):

 

- Mario Gotze

- Nat Clyne

- Daniel Sturridge

- Edison Cavani

- Jose Callejon 

- Pato

- Chupo Moting

- Lusamba (we've been linked in the past)

 

Lusamba and Chupo have the same agent too. 

 

 

Be interesting, imagine some Prem clubs will start taking short term punts on some of those soon.

Gotze - Finished

Clyne - Finished

Sturridge - Finished

Pato - Was finished about 8 years ago

Chupo Moting - Come on now

 

All the above are has beens and have disasterous money pit written all over them. What's the point in paying someone like Gotze 100k or something like that to be a squad filler. 

 

Cavani of course would be great but don't see you busting the wage structure for him and how would he and Vardy play in the same team.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Gotze - Finished

Clyne - Finished

Sturridge - Finished

Pato - Was finished about 8 years ago

Chupo Moting - Come on now

 

All the above are has beens and have disasterous money pit written all over them. What's the point in paying someone like Gotze 100k or something like that to be a squad filler. 

 

Cavani of course would be great but don't see you busting the wage structure for him and how would he and Vardy play in the same team.

 

 

Oh come on, don't sit on the fence. Tell us what you really think. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AjcW said:

Popped this in the Rodger thread, but spotted we'd been discussing in here so thought i'd share....

 

 

I think some of those on the free transfer list will start coming back into focus soon if we can't get key deals over the line. Those sorts of players will provide the squad depth, rather than being key starters

 

Still on there (not saying i'd take these, but they're of the right level):

 

- Mario Gotze

- Nat Clyne

- Daniel Sturridge

- Edison Cavani

- Jose Callejon 

- Pato

- Chupo Moting

- Lusamba (we've been linked in the past)

 

Lusamba and Chupo have the same agent too. 

 

 

Be interesting, imagine some Prem clubs will start taking short term punts on some of those soon.

Those will be the ones with zero budget, and staring over the cliff of relegation before the season has started then.

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Leicester’s finances for transfers have taken a hit from the Covid-19 pandemic, with the club owned by duty free giant King Power, while missing out on the Champions League on the final day last season cost them around £40 million.
 

john percy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, happy85 said:

Leicester’s finances for transfers have taken a hit from the Covid-19 pandemic, with the club owned by duty free giant King Power, while missing out on the Champions League on the final day last season cost them around £40 million.
 

john percy

Fantastic news. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the article from the Telegraph by John Percy - confirms we’re in for Brooks as well as Fofana. 
 

Brendan Rodgers says selling Ben Chilwell to Chelsea was needed to help Leicester reshape squad

'The money is there and will go back into the squad... There are opportunities now to bring someone else in,' Rodgers said of the £50m sale

By John Percy11 September 2020 • 10:30pm
 

Brendan Rodgers has admitted that Ben Chilwell’s £50 million sale to Chelsea was required to raise funds for reshaping his Leicester squad.

Chilwell completed a move to Stamford Bridge last month and Rodgers is now weighing up an offer for St-Etienne defender Wesley Fofana with the money.

Leicester’s finances for transfers have taken a hit from the Covid-19 pandemic, with the club owned by duty free giant King Power, while missing out on the Champions League on the final day last season cost them around £40 million.

Rodgers is preparing for the extra demands of the Europa League this season, and also has an interest in Bournemouth's Wales international David Brooks as he bids to bring "invention" to his squad.

Funds will be limited, yet Chilwell’s sale will provide Rodgers with some scope in the transfer window, while fringe players including Islam Slimani, Adrien Silva and Rachid Ghezzal will also be offloaded to make more cash available.

 

Rodgers said: “Ben has gone to join a great club and was brilliant for me in my time here, and for us the money is there and will go back into the squad.

“There are opportunities now to bring someone else in. We will look to get players who can help us continue to improve. 

“Across the board I think there’s many teams where the possibilities have changed because of the pandemic. There is no denying that the market does change for us.”

Rodgers signed Atalanta defender Timothy Castagne last week and is hopeful of agreeing a deal with St-Etienne for centre-half Fofana, 19, ahead of next weekend.

 

Brooks, the attacking midfielder, is another key target but a move is being held up by the Championship club's valuation.

At this stage Leicester would have to break their transfer record, which was smashed last season with the £32 million capture of Youri Tielemans, to sign Brooks, 23, with the price believed to be well over that amount.

Though Rodgers has a number of wingers already at the club, including Ayoze Perez, Harvey Barnes, Demarai Gray and Marc Albrighton, the Leicester manager frequently demanded more goals and assists last season.

Leicester finished fifth in the Premier League in 2019/20 and begin their campaign at West Brom on Sunday.

James Maddison is set to be included in the squad after surgery on his hip at the end of last season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick said:

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says he is surprised there are no clubs "knocking on the door" with official approaches for Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha, 27. (Standard)

 

 

Come on Leicester - smash that door in.


we cannot afford him sadly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nick said:

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says he is surprised there are no clubs "knocking on the door" with official approaches for Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha, 27. (Standard)

 

 

Come on Leicester - smash that door in.

Not sure I’d take him especially for 80 millions or whatever stupid fee they are asking for. 30 max for me. He’s not that good and has is not young.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Palace priced him out of a move when he was doing ok and he’s got worse since then. With the numbers and how disinterested he’s looked the past couple of seasons he’ll be lucky to get around £20m but they’ll never sell for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:


we cannot afford him sadly?

Dunno but anything less than 40million would in my humble opinion be good business and sort us right out on a number of levels. He's had a cracking pre-season as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Does anyone think Marcus Edwards at Vitória Guimarães is worth a punt as a slightly cheaper option to put some pressure on the likes of Gray and Barnes in the wide positions?

He supposedly has a £15m release clause. If its between him or Adam Ounas then I'd go for Edwards based on his last season and Ounas injury issues. If Ounas stays fit it is quite likely he would be a huge success but Edwards ceiling of how good he could get to is also quite high. If we are juggling things then £15m for him and £25-30m for a defender and we are about there in the basic squad improvement we needed.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...