Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

@RumbleFox raised a good point about needing someone more experienced to help us through the latter stages of the season.

If we can snag Fofana on top of having signed Ünder and Castagne, I think our squad is much stronger than last season. But it could still benefit from that experienced head - maybe a CM?

Anyone got any suggestions?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

@RumbleFox raised a good point about needing someone more experienced to help us through the latter stages of the season.

If we can snag Fofana on top of having signed Ünder and Castagne, I think our squad is much stronger than last season. But it could still benefit from that experienced head - maybe a CM?

Anyone got any suggestions?

I have a suspicion that we might go and get Callum McGregor late in the window and it might see Hamza go out on loan. 

Ok, 27 isn't exactly what you would have in mind when you think of experienced but he has played an insane amount of football over the last couple of year and he suits us a whole lot more than Chodhury does. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Shame that right back is our strongest position, would want us to be all over that Lamptey lad

He has been incredible today and just as impressive any time I've saw him. Would love him as a long term successor to Ricky but unfortunately  if he didn't come here this window he will be way out our reach from next year onwards. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He has been incredible today and just as impressive any time I've saw him. Would love him as a long term successor to Ricky but unfortunately  if he didn't come here this window he will be way out our reach from next year onwards. 

Can see him Man City going for him next summer if he has a good season

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Can see him Man City going for him next summer if he has a good season

Absolutely. Liverpool have TAA, Utd have AWB, Chelsea have that Reece James but Man City, Spurs and Arsenal are realistically in need of a decent long term RB and for the cash Brighton would want  it only leaves one option really. 

On 18/09/2020 at 23:53, fox_up_north said:

For every good game he has 7 bad ones. There's a reason Bayern sold him to Stoke. He just shone there in a bad team and went to Liverpool as a back up option. 

Not accurate. Bayern sold 'cause he insisted on having first team action, even when he wasn't ready yet. If it was up to them intirely he'd stayed a bit longer to earn his place. 

The Chilwell sale basically pays for Castagne, Fofana (hopefully) & Under. Maybe if we can clear the deadwood we'll be able to generate funds for 1-2 more signings late on in the window. 

Gray: 10m (permanent sale)

Amartey, Benkovic, Silva, Diabate, Ghezzal, Slimani: 10m (mixture of permanent sales/loan fees)

Hopefully will give us around 20m extra to spend if we can get rid of them all. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Understand the point you're trying to make, but this is hyperbole on acid with a cherry on top.

Really ? You think going through an entire summer window and heading into a new season with Wes as our 3rd CB wouldn't have a huge negative impact on our season? Can't say I agree. 

Just now, ronnup said:

Really ? You think going through an entire summer window and heading into a new season with Wes as our 3rd CB wouldn't have a huge negative impact on our season? Can't say I agree. 

Possibly. That's not quite the same as 'catastrophic' though, is it? 

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Demiral not on pirlos first team sheet, despite looking like they are playing 3atb and de ligt out. Looks like Danilo has been favoured. Wonder if he is not in pirlos plans this year. 

Deadline day signing :yesyes:

• Like 1
14 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Demiral not on pirlos first team sheet, despite looking like they are playing 3atb and de ligt out. Looks like Danilo has been favoured. Wonder if he is not in pirlos plans this year. 

Came on as a sub though. I think the ship has sailed with Demiral unfortunately, I can see him playing at least 20 games for Juve this season fitness permitting.

• Like 1

Find it funny that the media and some on here are trying to sell Lamptey from Brighton already! They only signed him in January and because of lockdown he only made his debut against us in June! lol 

Also, he's another 'one Chelsea let go....' be interesting to see how much pressure his impressive performances put on Reece James, who was in effect chosen over him. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Find it funny that the media and some on here are trying to sell Lamptey from Brighton already! They only signed him in January and because of lockdown he only made his debut against us in June! lol 

Also, he's another 'one Chelsea let go....' be interesting to see how much pressure his impressive performances put on Reece James, who was in effect chosen over him. 

Chelsea only let him go because he wouldn't sign a new deal and it was up this summer.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Yeah because Reece James was clearly in front of him... 

Which was fair enough, although I actually think James future lies as a defensive midfielder than a right back. Chelsea may regret this one. It is difficult to keep all young players though, especially if you have a couple coming through in the same position. Its hard enough for 1 to come through, but we've seen with Luke Thomas coming through and the Calvin Bassey fcuk off to Rangers. 

• Like 1
On 10/06/2020 at 22:37, sacreblueits442 said:

...he can play both sides!!

Barnes has rightfully made the left hand side his own and the position is for him to lose. Bailey on the right in an inverted role would definitely add more firepower to our attack. Cengiz Under would also meet that criteria but I feel Rodgers is not looking to go down that route and Perez will command the position on the right.

...Glad it all worked out!!!