Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

That's an absolute fantasy.  7-8M if we were fortunate.

Players go for far more than that with less experience and potential. I'm glad you're not controlling our transfer policy. I find it strange when people suggest hamza should go for  7 million while people are getting excited about paying 30+ for Fofana.

• Like 1

One thing I picked up on with BR's press conference is when he was asked about a CDM he said "there are other POSITIONS we are looking at with our recourses"

Positions plural. Was just expecting a CH to be fair. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

One thing I picked up on with BR's press conference is when he was asked about a CDM he said "there are other POSITIONS we are looking at with our recourses"

Positions plural. Was just expecting a CH to be fair. 

Yeah I thought that, but the other day he said we didn't have the resources to get another striker in. 

• Like 1

Not relevant to this year but Lamptey next summer if Riccy goes. Maybe even worth a punt as a winger. Just seen an interview on BBC and comes across as such a sound young lad and everytime I see him play he's the best player on the pitch.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Not relevant to this year but Lamptey next summer if Riccy goes. Maybe even worth a punt as a winger. Just seen an interview on BBC and comes across as such a sound young lad and everytime I see him play he's the best player on the pitch.

Brighton will pull our pants down if we want him.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

My prediction is Choudhury to Southampton and Guendozi to us. Would rather Diallo but got a feeling we'll bring that bellend in.

Guendouzi is talented, but reportedly a douche! :protest:

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

Medny signed a year's extension right?

can imagine we may go after Diallo again once Medny(if Diallo doesnt leave Brest before next summer)

Thought it was 3 years, but I may be wrong.

32 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Oh! Did not realise that at all, thought it was just one year. Makes sense though - if he gets the game time he wants then he might be happy to stay, or he increases his value if we did decide to sell in the next couple of years. He's 28 still, so in his prime.

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Oh! Did not realise that at all, thought it was just one year. Makes sense though - if he gets the game time he wants then he might be happy to stay, or he increases his value if we did decide to sell in the next couple of years. He's 28 still, so in his prime.

I thought it was a year too!

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I thought that, but the other day he said we didn't have the resources to get another striker in. 

I think he's probably meaning a striker of Édouard's quality though, so £40m+.

There's definitely scope for us to bring in a CB for a fee plus a left back on a loan if we really want one. You could argue another winger like Ounas on loan would be sensible too.

Would like to see us go after some Dev squad players as well.

Edited by CloudFox
4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I think he's probably meaning a striker of Édouard's quality though, so £40m+.

There's definitely scope for us to bring in a CB for a fee plus a left back on a loan if we really want one. You could argue another winger like Ounas on loan would be sensible too.

Would like to see us go after some Dev squad players as well.

I'm surprised with how little U18 and U23 recruitment there has been this summer, this is that rough diamond recruitment that I think we need to keep our eye in with, especially with moving to the new training ground. I'm all for bringing academy players through the age groups much quicker, but rather than keep those players until their early 20's with nigh on zero chance of them making it with us, I'd rather they were allowed to go and build their careers in the lower leagues and have 4-5 17-20 year old that we have recruited with the belief that they could become first team players and playing some U23 games in the 1st year and some cup games for us and then a loan to the Championship if needs be.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm surprised with how little U18 and U23 recruitment there has been this summer, this is that rough diamond recruitment that I think we need to keep our eye in with, especially with moving to the new training ground. I'm all for bringing academy players through the age groups much quicker, but rather than keep those players until their early 20's with nigh on zero chance of them making it with us, I'd rather they were allowed to go and build their careers in the lower leagues and have 4-5 17-20 year old that we have recruited with the belief that they could become first team players and playing some U23 games in the 1st year and some cup games for us and then a loan to the Championship if needs be.

I dont think there's a point in recruiting foreign talents for the academy personally, we're seeing how it works now with tavares where he's at that stage where he needs regular first team minutes to develop but he's not going to get that here, while other portugese talents in his age group are having their breakout seasons in liga nos. In my opinion it's better to pay extra for experienced, succesful players in other leagues where gametime is easier to come by than gamble on talent at a younger age and save some money but also probably stunt the development of that player, like how many good foreign talents have we seen break through into top 6 teams that have been doing this for years?

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

I dont think there's a point in recruiting foreign talents for the academy personally, we're seeing how it works now with tavares where he's at that stage where he needs regular first team minutes to develop but he's not going to get that here, while other portugese talents in his age group are having their breakout seasons in liga nos. In my opinion it's better to pay extra for experienced, succesful players in other leagues where gametime is easier to come by than gamble on talent at a younger age and save some money but also probably stunt the development of that player, like how many good foreign talents have we seen break through into top 6 teams that have been doing this for years?

Tavares has been with us since he was 7. There are many 15-20 year old academy players that come over and make it. Anyway, I'm talking about getting players at 17 who are already potentially good enough for Championship football. Have them involved with our 1st team but can compliment the U23's if needs be rather than playing 22 year olds that are heading to league two and one very soon.