Jump to content
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Pereira is bound to sign for West Brom. I like Buendia but I don’t think he’d solve enough of our problems for the fee. 

Agreed, apparently it is an 8million or so agreement with West Brom. But I am sure if we offered 10 they will accept our bid and then the player is free to choose. Whether he will come as guaranteed game time at West Brom would remain to be seen. Buendia primarily due to number of chances he creates would be a nice alternative. Would he be the top player to improve our starting 11 probably not though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t know where to put so putting in here rather then start a new topic. What’s happening with transfer window in terms of when it closes? Have we got a new season start date yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Didn’t know where to put so putting in here rather then start a new topic. What’s happening with transfer window in terms of when it closes? Have we got a new season start date yet? 

UEFA have asked the top leagues to all settle for 5 October as deadline day, given 6 October is their squad registration deadline for the CL/EL group stages. PL will probably 'officially' open the window from 1 August which is FA Cup final day, given Masters said they won't open the registration period until this season has finished.

 

PL season is likely to start on the weekend of 12 September, immediately after the first international break at the start of September. UEFA have then managed to cram in an October and November international break (triple headers) and all 6 European group stage games from October through to mid-December, at which point the calendar runs as normal through to the end of the season.

 

The sheer number of games almost certainly means the top 7 won't be in the League Cup, and it probably also means more PL midweek games, the loss of the winter break for a season, and so on.

 

Basically, everything is a month later than usual up until December, and then Europe should be caught up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

German league already finished, they never made CL.

Shows how much notice of other leagues I take:frusty:

 

I reckon he'd come here then, wage rise and playing in England. This is obviously if we do try to go for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kingfox said:

People bang on about Leon Bailey from Leverkusen but I’d prefer Kevin Volland.

 

10 goals, 8 assists this season.

 

Would give us an option similar to Perez, where you could play him as a winger or a striker.

 

 

...isn't that the problem at the moment!!

Perez is very divisive, in respect of his contribution to the squad and a popular belief is that he should be playing in a central position.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...isn't that the problem at the moment!!

Perez is very divisive, in respect of his contribution to the squad and a popular belief is that he should be playing in a central position.

Volland is a proven goalscorer, makes assists, can play anywhere across the front 3 and could easily take some pressure off Vardy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any thoughts on Leon Bailey? Saw headline suggesting he could be available for £20-30m this summer and we could do with a winger...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's true Depay is available for £20mil we should be all over that although I think without CL we won't be pulling that off now, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaqo88 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Leon Bailey? Saw headline suggesting he could be available for £20-30m this summer and we could do with a winger...

Just saw that on sky sports news. If he is available for that fee we 100% should be in for him. Hes absolutely rapid and would be an upgrade on our current wingers. Can see all the big clubs being in for him though, especially at that price. Could even see Man City going for him as a Sane replacement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2020 at 15:03, Ric Flair said:

Haha ive only mentioned Diallo because we bid for him in January and it was decided he stayed put until the summer. He is the obvious choice to join, we often line transfers up in advance. 

reports in France weve discussed a deal and hes available for 20m.

 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-arsenal-everton-transfer-4280207

 

Would be a very Leicester transfer.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

reports in France weve discussed a deal and hes available for 20m.

 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-arsenal-everton-transfer-4280207

 

Would be appreciated very Leicester transfer.

This has all the hallmarks of a transfer we'd do. Tried to do it in a previous window, in January but all parties agreed to return to the negotiating table another time and let him stay there for the rest of the season.

 

Fits the profile of the sort of player we like to invest in, he looks very talented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This has all the hallmarks of a transfer we'd do. Tried to do it in a previous window, in January but all parties agreed to return to the negotiating table another time and let him stay there for the rest of the season.

 

Fits the profile of the sort of player we like to invest in, he looks very talented.

Ndidi replacement? Looks great on YT. God we need goals. Players who can put the ball in the net or l'm going to go out of my mind with the relentless negativity on the forum. Looks pretty rapid can he double as a winger?:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Ndidi replacement? Looks great on YT. God we need goals. Players who can put the ball in the net or l'm going to go out of my mind with the relentless negativity on the forum. Looks pretty rapid can he double as a winger?:P

Not a replacement, just back up and competition. Ideally to compete in the CL but we might not even have Europa League at this rate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a replacement, just back up and competition. Ideally to compete in the CL but we might not even have Europa League at this rate.

...can't see him on the bench!!!

Ndidi with a better range of passing, it would be hard not to see him start every game. Playing him and Ndidi would leave a situation with Maddison or Tielemanns rotating or Praet just taking up space on the bench. Great to have strength in depth but running up a large wage bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...can't see him on the bench!!!

Ndidi with a better range of passing, it would be hard not to see him start every game. Playing him and Ndidi would leave a situation with Maddison or Tielemanns rotating or Praet just taking up space on the bench. Great to have strength in depth but running up a large wage bill.

Diallo wouldn’t come and displace Ndidi, and with European football, his signing won’t make too much of a dent in the wage bill. If we don’t get Europe then there is probably no need to sign him, or Wilf might be more likely to go (I doubt he would tho) 

 

I think the idea tho is he just comes in for rotation/back up and one for the future. Taking Mendy’s role in the squad rather than Ndidi’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Diallo wouldn’t come and displace Ndidi, and with European football, his signing won’t make too much of a dent in the wage bill. If we don’t get Europe then there is probably no need to sign him, or Wilf might be more likely to go (I doubt he would tho) 

 

I think the idea tho is he just comes in for rotation/back up and one for the future. Taking Mendy’s role in the squad rather than Ndidi’s. 

..I really can not see him coming hear to sit on the bench!!!

  If he is negotiating with other teams I am sure he will be looking at the team that guarantee first team football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heymister2015 said:

Bailey, Edourd, Diallo and Demirel! Sell chillwell and bring in Luke Thomas to replace 

Wish it was true pal, but the next thing that will happen is that the alarm clock is waking you up after a good nights sleep

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Bailey, Edourd, Diallo and Demirel! Sell chillwell and bring in Luke Thomas to replace 

First mistake young Luke Thomas made and the idiots of FT would be on his back like a tramp on a fiver. 

 

For some reason our fanbase have different standards when it comes to our young players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

First mistake young Luke Thomas made and the idiots of FT would be on his back like a tramp on a fiver. 

 

For some reason our fanbase have different standards when it comes to our young players. 

...it's a bit like your own child playing for us!!!

  You are more on his case because he is one of our own. You want him to gain success so much, you become hyper critical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone take John Stones here? I know he’s got a mistake in him, but personally think he’d be quite decent for us at a sensible price.
 

Don’t think he’s gonna be at Man City much longer with Eric Garcia coming through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Would anyone take John Stones here? I know he’s got a mistake in him, but personally think he’d be quite decent for us at a sensible price.
 

Don’t think he’s gonna be at Man City much longer with Eric Garcia coming through. 

The guy can't defend, which is a big problem for a centre back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...