Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Puel ignored Mahrez and let him disappear for 2 weeks 

Puel had no more influence on transfers at Leicester than any of the managers before or after him. We never sell our assets in January, we wanted £85m for him in that window knowing it was never going to be matched and then sold for £65m in the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Benko is never fit. That realistically leaves us with Evans and Soyuncu! We need to buy a centre back. Just get on with it Leicester ffs

Are you Benko's GP?   He played a fair number of games for the mighty Celtic until buggered by a shite plastic pitch.  He is too easily written off by some.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Fofana Actually worth £50m as the report says they’re holding out for after we’ve tabled an improved £29m it’s a hell of a lot to spend on a 19yr old unproven  with just a handful of good games, are we being far too hasty on the upping of his price or do we walk away and go for Tah or is this Sportlens report just far from the truth Journalistic BS ?

 

 

 

 

Edited by justfoxes
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lcfcnsk said:

 

I wonder who these Clubs are that can afford to pay 50m Euros next summer, other than Chelski, ManC and may be PSG?   With Corona looking like the death knell to Football Finances at the virus spreads again, I really do wonder if 32M in the hand is worth a gamble on a vaccine making things return to normal any time soon?  Even Manure need, it appears, need to sell now before than can buy.

 

But Puel knows best...........

 

He is really playing poker here and for ASSE the stakes are very high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Disagree.  If he has a big season the value will only go up substantially, as the power clubs get involved.

 

I think it's time to move on here.  Let it go and try and bring in someone like Tah on loan

Clubs only normally spend that amount of money on a proven centre back with experience. I'd be amazed if anyone spent that amount of money on him, even if he does have a good season. I really think they just wont sell to us because of Puel. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think this thread has surpassed the infamous Nicky Maynard thread with regards to number of pages compared to actual news.

 

Congratulations all.

I bet the Maynard thread didnt have the family history of Keith Vaz

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't get how our pursuit is 'infuriating' them? It is not our fault his head's been turned and he's been saying publicly that he wants to join us. We've put in a couple of bids that have been knocked back - how else is a club supposed to sign a player?

 

Unless there is something that we have done that hasn't been reported in the media?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I wonder who these Clubs are that can afford to pay 50m Euros next summer, other than Chelski, ManC and may be PSG?   With Corona looking like the death knell to Football Finances at the virus spreads again, I really do wonder if 32M in the hand is worth a gamble on a vaccine making things return to normal any time soon?  Even Manure need, it appears, need to sell now before than can buy.

 

But Puel knows best...........

 

He is really playing poker here and for ASSE the stakes are very high.

To be fair, I don't think the stakes are all that high for Sainté if they hold onto him. He's shown he is mature and will perform for the team even though he wants to leave, and in his statement he made it fairly clear that he is going to keep being a professional. As he's just signed a new contract, his value is not going to go down because of that. If they don't sell him they get to keep their young, very talented player for another season to help their team, and probably sell him for more money next season - if not 50 million euros, 35-40 million. He will still want to put himself in the shop window, so will keep up good performances. 

 

The only risk Sainté are taking is the assumption that he doesn't seriously injure himself - and even then, that could still play into their favour; Ricardo was very likely going to leave this summer, but his injury put PSG (who have a need for a good RB), among other clubs off. Now we get an extra season out of him.

 

Puel is going about this in exactly the way I would in his situation. That said, I fcking hope he blinks and we can sign this guy! He looks class.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

www.espn.co.uk/football/french-ligue-1/story/4077669/coronavirus-could-force-ligue-1-clubs-into-bankruptcy-saint-etienne-chief%3Fplatform=amp?espv=1

 

I’m still surprised a club like St Etienne can afford to turn down an offer like this, would be intriguing to know how much of the money is up front in the proposed offer. Given just six months ago the St Etienne board was warning that clubs like them face bankruptcy without government help. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be fair, I don't think the stakes are all that high for Sainté if they hold onto him. He's shown he is mature and will perform for the team even though he wants to leave, and in his statement he made it fairly clear that he is going to keep being a professional. As he's just signed a new contract, his value is not going to go down because of that. If they don't sell him they get to keep their young, very talented player for another season to help their team, and probably sell him for more money next season - if not 50 million euros, 35-40 million. He will still want to put himself in the shop window, so will keep up good performances. 

 

The only risk Sainté are taking is the assumption that he doesn't seriously injure himself - and even then, that could still play into their favour; Ricardo was very likely going to leave this summer, but his injury put PSG (who have a need for a good RB), among other clubs off. Now we get an extra season out of him.

 

Puel is going about this in exactly the way I would in his situation. That said, I fcking hope he blinks and we can sign this guy! He looks class.

If there was no Corona factor, I agree. But transfer prices are going to drop if this Virus persists in shutting down grounds and revenues.  So I consider this as a gamble in the current scenario we live in.

 

Anyhow, it is irrelevant what we think, he is not coming here we need to look elsewhere for a young prospect who BR can develop. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be fair, I don't think the stakes are all that high for Sainté if they hold onto him. He's shown he is mature and will perform for the team even though he wants to leave, and in his statement he made it fairly clear that he is going to keep being a professional. As he's just signed a new contract, his value is not going to go down because of that. If they don't sell him they get to keep their young, very talented player for another season to help their team, and probably sell him for more money next season - if not 50 million euros, 35-40 million. He will still want to put himself in the shop window, so will keep up good performances. 

 

The only risk Sainté are taking is the assumption that he doesn't seriously injure himself - and even then, that could still play into their favour; Ricardo was very likely going to leave this summer, but his injury put PSG (who have a need for a good RB), among other clubs off. Now we get an extra season out of him.

 

Puel is going about this in exactly the way I would in his situation. That said, I fcking hope he blinks and we can sign this guy! He looks class.

He doesn't seem like he would stop playing on purpose but once that window is closed and there is no chance of him moving there is no way of knowing how that might affect his mental state and therefore his performance on the pitch.

 

Regarding the injury I don't feel it is the same, can ASSE really afford to not get this money next season? We have multiple high value assets to trade and according to reports ASSE are in some financial difficulties already and they sold Saliba to Arsenal for around £27m last season so that money has already been burned through. If Forfana does get a long term injury that rules out a sale next summer I worry they could be in some trouble and I doubt the board would be too happy with that.

 

But yes, this is exactly how I'd want us to play it if it was one of ours!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, talking_goldfish said:

He doesn't seem like he would stop playing on purpose but once that window is closed and there is no chance of him moving there is no way of knowing how that might affect his mental state and therefore his performance on the pitch.

 

Regarding the injury I don't feel it is the same, can ASSE really afford to not get this money next season? We have multiple high value assets to trade and according to reports ASSE are in some financial difficulties already and they sold Saliba to Arsenal for around £27m last season so that money has already been burned through. If Forfana does get a long term injury that rules out a sale next summer I worry they could be in some trouble and I doubt the board would be too happy with that.

 

But yes, this is exactly how I'd want us to play it if it was one of ours!

Very true, if they're in some financial difficulty then obviously it would make more sense for them to sell, I was unaware of that factor. I do think they would have accepted the 29 million bid we threw in for him if they were in any serious trouble, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If St Etienne believe he could be worth more in a years time then maybe they're prepared to take the risk. Fofana can't just down tools because he won't impress future suitors. I'm still surprised no-one else appears to be interested in taking a risk on him at this stage. 

 

Personally think they're trying to call our bluff to try and milk us out of some more money. Once a player expresses a desire to go they usually do. We'll either go back in nearer the end of the window with a stupid bid, or they'll accept one of our previous ones. Or we'll sack it off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be fair, I don't think the stakes are all that high for Sainté if they hold onto him. He's shown he is mature and will perform for the team even though he wants to leave, and in his statement he made it fairly clear that he is going to keep being a professional. As he's just signed a new contract, his value is not going to go down because of that. If they don't sell him they get to keep their young, very talented player for another season to help their team, and probably sell him for more money next season - if not 50 million euros, 35-40 million. He will still want to put himself in the shop window, so will keep up good performances. 

 

The only risk Sainté are taking is the assumption that he doesn't seriously injure himself - and even then, that could still play into their favour; Ricardo was very likely going to leave this summer, but his injury put PSG (who have a need for a good RB), among other clubs off. Now we get an extra season out of him.

 

Puel is going about this in exactly the way I would in his situation. That said, I fcking hope he blinks and we can sign this guy! He looks class.

All depends how financially stable they are, it was reported they were one of the worst hit. They have 3 sellable assets, Fofana and Bouanga would raise them much needed funds to limit the impact of minimal fans being in the ground and their TV deal issues from ending the 2019/20 early. They also have Aouchiche who will be a superstar, if they can hold off selling then bully for them but they also are struggling to sign players as they have minimal funds.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I believe many players contracts include loyalty payments that are paid unless the player puts in a (formal) transfer request. If Fofana is serious he should make it official.

The loyalty bonus is irrelevant in this deal as it will be small - fofana making it official will not achieve anything except potentially make his life difficult locally if he doesn’t move anywhere 

 

his agent will have already informed ASSE that his client will forgo his loyalty bonus 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That would make him one of the most expensive teenage defenders in history, and simply won’t happen.. especially in this climate. Claude once again showing how much of a brainless fart he is. It will come back to bite him when they’re forced to sell him to PSG for €20m....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary of the L’Equipe article

 

The Foxes’ first offer of €25m and a second proposal worth €28.5m (including €3.5m in bonuses) were rejected by Saint-Étienne.

 

According to L’Equipe, the Premier League side made a ‘third offer’ on Monday, worth €32m, and it includes a 10 percent sell-on clause.

 

Brendan Rodgers’ side are now waiting for the Ligue 1 side to give the ‘green light’ for the transfer.

 

Saint-Étienne general manager of services Xavier Thuilot is working on downsizing the squad and also trying to raise funds through player sales. However, there’s only one player receiving offers, and that’s Fofana.

 

Leicester’s latest offer is ‘tempting’, and should the French club accept it, it will be their record sale, surpassing the €25m plus €5m bonuses Arsenal agreed to take William Saliba last summer.

 

The Foxes’ offers looks like a ‘jackpot’, more so if you take into account the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on the club’s finances. However, this thinking isn’t shared by everyone internally at Saint-Étienne.

 

Claude Puel doesn’t want to hear about the centre-back leaving until next summer, something which was agreed when the 19-year-old signed a new contract in April.

 

Saint-Étienne president Bernard Caïazzo and vice-president Roland Romeyer chaired a meeting with Puel and Thuilot on Monday evening.

 

After the meeting, the club’s management decided to go with Puel’s stance, which is to retain the player beyond the ongoing transfer window.

 

Therefore, they have rejected Leicester’s third offer for Fofana.

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im getting fed up of all the rubbish on here so here's whats really going on. This is from my source at the club.

 

When Claude was sacked he was furious & stormed out leaving most of his belongings behind. This included his tv prize he won the 'blanc-ety blanc' chequebook & pen, his Jacques Cousteau 101 great dives signed dvd & a poster of Vanessa Paradis showing some sideboob circa 1987. The club refused to forward them to him.

 

Dave Rennie borrowed the dvd to research plankton to see if it could cure Matty James injuries. He has since sold his dvd at Croft car boot & left the disc in it. This is why he was sacked. Claude will not deal with us until its returned.

 

So there you have it. The truth. Now stop making stuff up & move on.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...