Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Puel is on the board.

So he should act in the best interests of the club and business. Now if keeping an unhappy player who might cause disruption to the squad if he doesn't get the move he has wanted is in the best interest of the club, then fair enough. But £30m is an awfully large sum of money to turn down for a 19 year old with potential.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MGLCFC said:

So he should act in the best interests of the club and business. Now if keeping an unhappy player who might cause disruption to the squad if he doesn't get the move he has wanted is in the best interest of the club, then fair enough. But £30m is an awfully large sum of money to turn down for a 19 year old with potential.

They also believe he will sell for £50m+ next summer if they keep hold of him, and he is showing no signs of causing issues in terms of being unwilling to play

 

Also from the dressing room videos after the Marseille win it doesn’t really look like he is causing much disruption

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Livid said:

€30 million for a 19 year old with only a few games under his belt  does seem a bit excessive.

 

Then again Claude or St Ettiene turning it down is a little crazy as well.

...If he has a good season then the price would probably rise to 50m Euros!!!

 This will be where your big teams step in, create a bidding war and blow us out of the water.We know the upside of this deal, the big boys do not have to worry this season, they will pick him up next season with their loose change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...If he has a good season then the price would probably rise to 50m Euros!!!

 This will be where your big teams step in, create a bidding war and blow us out of the water.We know the upside of this deal, the big boys do not have to worry this season, they will pick him up next season with their loose change.

And he breaks a leg and is worth nothing, crystal balls dont exist.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They also believe he will sell for £50m+ next summer if they keep hold of him, and he is showing no signs of causing issues in terms of being unwilling to play

 

Also from the dressing room videos after the Marseille win it doesn’t really look like he is causing much disruption

With a second wave of COVID sweeping across Europe, transfer fees are only going in one direction.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Are you Benko's GP?   He played a fair number of games for the mighty Celtic until buggered by a shite plastic pitch.  He is too easily written off by some.

 

..that Celtic excursion was some time ago!!!

  He has constantly failed to play on a regular basis for sometime and the reticence of our supporters is well founded due to this.

  I doubt there will be anyone more frustrated than him and I hope he manages to turn his luck around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If that's what you think, why do you want him in the first place?  If he's the player we apparently think he is, Fofana'a value is only going to skyrocket.

 

Meanwhile, St. Etienne is clearly responding to Puel and is on top of the table after allowing 2 goals in 4 matches.  Just maybe they're more concerned about their own results this season than ours?

I dont really want him  though. I mean if he is that good then fair enough but clearly we dont want to pay X amount and they dont want to sell for X amount. Focus on someone else or increase  the bid to something they wont refuse (or still tell you to do one). 

 

I just dont want us sitting there penny pinching  only to get denied and then panic buy elsewhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Copacabana
 

Wesley, Wesley Forfannnna
Leicester is the hottest spot north of Havana 
Wesley, we want you Forfannnnna
Music and pashun  were always the fashion
At the KP, u will fall in love.

Edited by HankMarvin
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

If St Etienne believe he could be worth more in a years time then maybe they're prepared to take the risk. Fofana can't just down tools because he won't impress future suitors. I'm still surprised no-one else appears to be interested in taking a risk on him at this stage. 

 

Personally think they're trying to call our bluff to try and milk us out of some more money. Once a player expresses a desire to go they usually do. We'll either go back in nearer the end of the window with a stupid bid, or they'll accept one of our previous ones. Or we'll sack it off. 

lol Thank you o wise one

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..We did the same for Trincao!!!

The deal was never on, that was a wasted chapter in this window.

Until we agreed a deal for Ünder. The club are capable of having more than 1 option for each position and to bid on both, it's a myth we are incapable of widening our options. The reality is we don't let unnecessary gossip out about our targets so some of it is never really bandied about.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We're being played at our own game by a bloke who used to play the game for us.

 

He may well be desperate to come here, but Mahrez was desperate to go to Man City- we all know how everyone reacted to that. It shouldn't be the primary driving factor in a transfer and it certainly shouldn't mean that they have to sell on our terms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..We did the same for Trincao!!!

The deal was never on, that was a wasted chapter in this window.

If there's a player we really want then you shouldn't just move on, we've done that in the past and ended up with a lesser player we can't move on a couple of seasons later.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..We did the same for Trincao!!!

The deal was never on, that was a wasted chapter in this window.

If this guy is our #1, it's because we think he will fit us the best. We shouldn't stop trying to buy him unless the club have a concrete indication that we cannot get him, which evidently doesn't seem to be the case.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only problem with walking away now is we've shown our hand. Bidding 32m for a kid. Other clubs will say you want our finished article then pay for it.

 

Probably priced our selves out of one or two deals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sylofox said:

The only problem with walking away now is we've shown our hand. Bidding 32m for a kid. Other clubs will say you want our finished article then pay for it.

 

Probably priced our selves out of one or two deals.

We would simply deny it - no one will know all the details of any bid.  it could be 32 inc 12 of addons which include 10m payable if fofana develops a vaccine for covid !

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, st albans fox said:

We would simply deny it - no one will know all the details of any bid.  it could be 32 inc 12 of addons which include 10m payable if fofana develops a vaccine for covid !

Even if its add ons weve still shown our hand and the 10% sell on. Clubs will know how far they can push. Also common knowledge we are short of a CB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...