Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Like they said though, the deal would only be a small fee now with the rest paid next season. If the club rate him so highly then it would make sense as if hes that good, his value will be higher next season and bigger clubs than us could go in for him. All ifs buts and maybes however we desperately need a cb right now

Do you really think that's realistic given the way St Etienne have played hard ball and the fact they have publicly stated how desperate they are for cash now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Your more then likely right, but it seems like St.Etienne want to keep him for another season. So maybe a up smaller up front fee to help with their financial issues to secure him, allowing him to stay there for the season and then the rest of the fee next season.

 

Interesting Rodgers said he wanted 5 players in the other day, we currently have 2.

 

I think there is some mileage in moving Gray on to boost our spending for 10-15m and then the odd couple of Million for Slim, Silva and Diabetes etc.  

Judging by Brendan’s recent comments I think that would be on the cards, but is anyone interested?

Edited by WigstonWanderer
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Your more then likely right, but it seems like St.Etienne want to keep him for another season. So maybe a up smaller up front fee to help with their financial issues to secure him, allowing him to stay there for the season and then the rest of the fee next season.

 

Interesting Rodgers said he wanted 5 players in the other day, we currently have 2.

 

I think there is some mileage in moving Gray on to boost our spending for 10-15m and then the odd couple of Million for Slim, Silva and Diabetes etc.  

£2m? - would that be Type 1 or Type 2? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Do you really think that's realistic given the way St Etienne have played hard ball and the fact they have publicly stated how desperate they are for cash now.

Maybe not. They sat they are desperate for cash but then say they want to keep Fofana for another year. If they were so desperate for cash then surely they would accept a £30m bid for a kid who hasn't even played a full season yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

I think Tark in, with us getting Fofana and him going back on loan to Ettiene would be a cracking bit of business. 

Where do you think we will find the £70m + for that to happen?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Maybe not. They sat they are desperate for cash but then say they want to keep Fofana for another year. If they were so desperate for cash then surely they would accept a £30m bid for a kid who hasn't even played a full season yet. 

Not if there are a few clubs after him and they can get more money. Like @Ric Flair says, what you say would cost about £70m and even worse still paying for a player you aren't even getting right away. More chance of Rodgers coming back to Celtic this summer than that happening!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not so sure.
 

What these peculiar times has done has shook up financial management, such that construction of deals that would have been discarded due to their  structure may now be acceptable, this is especially true when you can recognise the capital earlier thanks to Macquarie and the like.

 

The change of Under’s deal from obligation to option was highly significant I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...4th!!, until Evans leaves he is the number one CB...he is the one who has held the backline together!!!

Absolutely he has but that doesn't change the fact that he turns 34 mid way through next season.... If a 34 year old is your best defender, you are in trouble. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Reading some of the latest comments on their forum, he may be leaving  They appear to have issues similar to ours i.e. they have expensive deadwood to clear out, in their case before they can recruit.

 

There is one suggestion that there could be a threshold at which point the two Boss Men may over-rule Puel?  Sounds plausible if ASSE do indeed have financial issues.   

 

 

Lets leave it to Rudders.

 

I think we can afford to sit tight and wait for one of ASSE or Burnley to buckle nearer deadline day. A top notch CB is what's required but we still have Amartey, Benkovic and Morgan if need be and the next window is 3 months away. Both the clubs we want to buy from have expensive players who really don't want to be there. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

 

I think we can afford to sit tight and wait for one of ASSE or Burnley to buckle nearer deadline day. A top notch CB is what's required but we still have Amartey, Benkovic and Morgan if need be and the next window is 3 months away. Both the clubs we want to buy from have expensive players who really don't want to be there. 

If we want to we can still go and raid the Championship for someone like Rodon or Godfrey as that window still has 3 weeks left

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Absolutely he has but that doesn't change the fact that he turns 34 mid way through next season.... If a 34 year old is your best defender, you are in trouble. 

..it is not about speed...all about reading the game, no reason for the next two season he can't lead the backline!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I would go back this week and offer £30m + £15m in add on's and a 10% sell on clause. That is frankly an outrageous bid to a club desperate for money. I still think we will get him and not Tarkowski.

 

£15m in add ons if the majority of that is for Balon d'Or maybe.

 

£30m is more than enough unless this lad is almost nailed on to be a world class CB. If the likes of Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern were in for him then I'd agree but it's Leicester, West Ham, Milan and Leipzig. I think people are losing track over how much £30m buys you in football. We bought Tielemans for that kind of money who was once touted as a future world class player as a teenager and performed like one when he came here on loan for four months. 

 

Considering Fofana's inexperience and the level of clubs interested in him £30m is plenty. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If we want to we can still go and raid the Championship for someone like Rodon or Godfrey as that window still has 3 weeks left

what happened to that bloke from Preston we were linked with? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...