2 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Interesting that Percy said we only had £20m for a CB yet are spending nearly double that. 
Also Rodgers saying that he wants a few more players still. 
Maybe there is more money available than we think and the club are using JP and the media to make it look like we’re skint. 

It’s almost as though we’ve passed on info to J Percy to keep prices down 👀

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

It’s almost as though we’ve passed on info to J Percy to keep prices down 👀

Which doesn't help much then when the manager says he wants 5 players and that the press are reporting we have bid £35m for Fofana and Tarkowski

Get the CB sorted, then a couple of deadline day loans for players who clubs haven't been able to shift permanently. I imagine that might well be the strategy... and as long as those players are ones that were already on a shortlist, and not a made panic, I see no issue with it. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is tanner guessing ?  

Not sure, he never knew much when he wrote for The Mercury or certainly never admitted to but perhaps he wanted to ensure he didn't upset the club. Since he's written for The Athletic he makes claims that would appear he's in the know, likewise Jason Bourne does now he is at Talks port. We are a private club so it's very difficult to know how accurate a lot of this is, media who don't have any vested interest in us often report without much consideration for how secretive we are and often the only outlet we get on potential activity.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If we intend playing fifty odd games this season then four top quality CB’s will give them all between 25 and thirty games unless one gets injured in which case the other three will get over thirty 

with the euros at the end of the season I think it would be great to buy both of these guys with a view to the following season also being tough for the players. Every top side builds from the back!!

Both are too much. £70m for two CB's and neither are guaranteed to improve the first XI, it's a waste of valuable limited resources.

I'd much rather have three front line CB's to share 90% of the CB load and then the 4th choice is up for grabs whether that be Morgan, Benkovic, Amartey or an academy lad if one can get ahead of the other 4th choices.. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure, he never knew much when he wrote for The Mercury or certainly never admitted to but perhaps he wanted to ensure he didn't upset the club. Since he's written for The Athletic he makes claims that would appear he's in the know, likewise Jason Bourne does now he is at Talks port. We are a private club so it's very difficult to know how accurate a lot of this is, media who don't have any vested interest in us often report without much consideration for how secretive we are and often the only outlet we get on potential activity.

Tanner has a lot more info now through networking with others that work for The Athletic. I imagine the same applies to Jason Bourne by working for Talk Sport. The Mercury just rehash everyone else’s info these days. 

• Like 2

It we can chop out Silva/Slimani, Ghezzel and James, there would be cash for loan signings. Unfortunately there are no Amazonian Logging Companies with branches based in and around Leicester, so I fear not much scope for bringing in 5. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Mmmm...........I think he is still feeling very sore at the back following the severe shafting he received from the Portuguese 3 Summers ago.

No doubt. Silva Silimani and there were one or two others who I think have taught ownership and staff a very valuable lesson about spending large sums of money. Have a plan and buy accordingly. Don't change the plan. I don't know what happened here when Puel started but that seems like a dramitic shift in the playing style of the club. Thankfully the change to Rodgers feels seemless in terms of business. Think that Rudkin and the club have been flawless since I started following day to day.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

179 pages!!!!!! 

Please can someone summarise - is this happening or not!?!?!?!

ERRRRRR Absolutely no idea. have we/have we not put in another bid? take it or leave it? have we told them to do one? any or all of the above. I think the only thing we know for sure is that we are interested, the player wants the move but ASSE don't want to sell unless it is for silly money.  But i could be wrong of course

3 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

It is happening but it's not happening. Go to work but don't go to work. Go to the pub but don't go to the pub. Stay at home but go out.

You sound like boris and his corona restrictions 

3 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

It is happening but it's not happening. Go to work but don't go to work. Go to the pub but don't go to the pub. Stay at home but go out.

Read your post, but not read your post. :frantics:

• Haha 1