Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It took me far too long to make sense of it, but it's saying once you eat your cake, you no longer have it. Your question is the point of the saying - you can't own a cake and have eaten that cake at the same time. Wanting that is asking for something impossible.

 

I agree re: 'cheap at half the price.' I'd also add, 'cheer up. Might never happen.' What if it just did happen, you knobhead?

 Then it should be 'you can't have a cake after you've eaten it'.  

 

I see it as someone's got a cake, but being able to eat?  No that's too much to ask you greedy so and so.  Just look at it and be grateful you have any baked goods at all.

 

I dunno.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, murphy said:

 

Tbh, what's the point of having a cake if you can't eat it?  :dunno:

 

Stupid saying.  A bit like 'cheap at half the price'.  Of course it is.  It's half the price.

 

Also, I wouldn't say you were 'fickle'.  Not unless you like cake eating one day, but not the next.

 

As you were.

 

 

 

I think the saying means that I want to keep my cake so I can look at how pretty it is forever but also I want to eat the cake because it tastes nice and obviously I can't do both of those things at the same time but I could just order another cake so it renders the whole thing pointless.

 

I don't really like eating cake at all to be honest but I do like crisps, I can eat about 7 bags sometimes and before I know it my tongue it more cut up than a dithering driver in Milton Keynes. Anyway, I am fickle, my opinions change almost daily and you could probably convince me of anything if you sounded clever enough. I wasn't really expecting a conversation but I have to say this has been lovely, if you want to know anything else interesting about me then please write back, I met a magician on here a few weeks ago that tried to guess my Mothers maiden name through PMs just by asking me a series of questions about my childhood - I had to just give it him in the end cause he was struggling a bit the silly old sod, anyway, Love to the Family

 

Jack 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It took me far too long to make sense of it, but it's saying once you eat your cake, you no longer have it. Your question is the point of the saying - you can't own a cake and have eaten that cake at the same time. Wanting that is asking for something impossible.

 

I agree re: 'cheap at half the price.' I'd also add, 'cheer up. Might never happen.' What if it just did happen, you knobhead?

I think it's called 'Moonshot thinking'? :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, murphy said:

 Then it should be 'you can't have a cake after you've eaten it'.  

 

I see it as someone's got a cake, but being able to eat?  No that's too much to ask you greedy so and so.  Just look at it and be grateful you have any baked goods at all.

 

I dunno.

lol No, I don't think that's what it means. I'm pretty sure it's saying you can either own a cake, and look forward to eating it, and show off to everyone that you've got a cake, or you can eat it, instead. However, once you've eaten it, you no longer get to enjoy the benefits of owning the cake. It's a choice and you can't have both.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

lol No, I don't think that's what it means. I'm pretty sure it's saying you can either own a cake, and look forward to eating it, and show off to everyone that you've got a cake, or you can eat it, instead. However, once you've eaten it, you no longer get to enjoy the benefits of owning the cake. It's a choice and you can't have both.

Right.  Well if you put it like that it makes far more sense.

 

I've learned something today.

 

More than the rest of you can say, talking about football all the time you weirdos.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't think he's (necessarily) being a mercenary - I'm just not sure that giving this (admittedly honest and articulate) interview was the best idea right now.

Nothing wrong with being a mercenary. I've been one all my life. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fktf said:

I didn't actually mind what Riyad did at the time. It was clear he wanted to go to a club far bigger than us, and we should have let him go sooner in my opinion. It's the way he's spoken about us in interviews since that has tainted my opinion of him.

...it really does not matter how much a player wants to leave... if the value is not met he stays!!!

You are contracted to the club, you agreed the contract, stick to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...it really does not matter how much a player wants to leave... if the value is not met he stays!!!

You are contracted to the club, you agreed the contract, stick to it.

...I guess that must apply to Fofana then!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Three at the back this season then? 

I'm not sure about this. It seems like a lot of people are convinced this will be the case, but we currently have only 2 CBs who are 1st team standard, and are clearly looking for at least one more.

 

I think a squad needing to rotate often, as we do, playing mostly a 4-man defence should have at least 3 decent CBs, and playing 3 at the back should have at least 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, happy85 said:

New offer gone in & Rennes interested

 

= Using Rennes as bait to exact more £££ from us

Rennes couldn't even afford Slim he's available for £3.50 and a curly wurly.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, happy85 said:

New offer gone in & Rennes interested

 

= Using Rennes as bait to exact more £££ from us

Does anybody know how much this new offer is?

 

I like the sound of this transfer but if we're paying over £30m it's starting to look a bit less appealing.

 

I hear he's exceedingly good but we're not made of dough.  

 

 

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...