Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Correct, Hull got 15% of the profit so £17m less £80m is £63m and 15% of that is £9.45m. We got the additional £5m for them qualifying for CL last season so, we trousered circa £75.55m. Call it £70m for bumflufferies.

Every cloud has a silver lining! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

West Brom fans are all saying a easy win for them against us, I agree, I predict 3-1 win for West Brom

If Wes plays 1-4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I fail to see how it puts us up a level - would far rather invest 100m in the playing squad or the stadium. If the word vanity project has triggered a few people on here then mission accomplished 😂😂😂. I'm not sure players will make a decision of joining a club based on the training ground with a golf course but it sounds like that's just me.

I think you’ll find it will, human beings want to work in the best working in environments.

An example outside of football, we recently had 1 of those big academy style schools built locally, its huge has amazing facilities, grounds and state of the art classrooms etc and how did they staff it? Yep They recruited and got the cream of teachers from surrounding schools it’s the facilities that got them the best resources.
Another example would you rather work in a Google office or  1 of the generic blue chip company offices, if you have been in a Google office I think I know your answer.

 

So again, Its human nature we all want to work in the best environment with the best facilities & bare in mind other than once a week the players spend every day there, this facility is a big plus for drawing in our targets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Correct, Hull got 15% of the profit so £17m less £80m is £63m and 15% of that is £9.45m. We got the additional £5m for them qualifying for CL last season so, we trousered circa £75.55m. Call it £70m for bumflufferies.

Look how much we spent last summer.... we might have spent knowing he was going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

I think you’ll find it will, human beings want to work in the best working in environments.

An example outside of football, we recently had 1 of those big academy style schools built locally, its huge has amazing facilities, grounds and state of the art classrooms etc and how did they staff it? Yep They recruited and got the cream of teachers from surrounding schools it’s the facilities that got them the best resources.
Another example would you rather work in a Google office or  1 of the generic blue chip company offices, if you have been in a Google office I think I know your answer.

 

So again, Its human nature we all want to work in the best environment with the best facilities & bare in mind other than once a week the players spend every day there, this facility is a big plus for drawing in our targets.

I’m not sure that’s true for everyone. Some people will want to work in a fancy google office, some people would rather be paid an extra few quid and work somewhere else perfectly nice. (And yes I’ve been in a google office and was very impressed...not sure it would sway me if somewhere else had a more interesting project/more money on offer).

 

Isn’t the point being made that it is obviously preferable to the current set up but that the impact of having a top-of-the-range training ground is actually pretty intangible and that with hindsight the money might have been better allocated to a very thin looking playing squad.

 

That training ground is not going to look too clever if the form from the last 22 games of last season carries into this season because we’ve not been able to change up the playing squad sufficiently.

 

What I would say is that it is a moot point, the club obviously thought it was a good investment at the time. Covid has made a lot of ambitious projects look a bit of an overstretch, LCFC wouldn’t be alone in that (Spurs stadium a case in point but at least Levy can point to it being tangibly income generating in a “normal” environment).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Look how much we spent last summer.... we might have spent knowing he was going.

Yes, some of last summers spending must have been with the knowledge we were likely to be getting a huge fee for Maguire, but we also wanted Tarkowski or Ake and bid £30-40m did we not? We bid £20m+ for Demiral and were in for Tapsoba for a fee not far off that so we had a good chunk of it left. I like to think whatever we had left has cushioned the blow of how we've been hit in the pandemic. 

 

Selling Chilwell + the £20-30m we'll have from finishing 5th and Europa League suggests to me that at the very worst we still have £50-60m to spend this window if we really want to. I have absolutely no problem with them being a bit more creative though and seeing who they can secure on loan with an option/obligation to buy next summer like many clubs seem to do. Either way, we are in alright nick. Fans moan we flog our assets but by doing so and recruiting so well in Soyuncu and hopefully Castagne, it means we can cope with the pandemic better than a lot of the clubs like us in the Prem.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Thought that was your thinking behind your 1-4 score prediction.

I think we will be fine as long as Cags and Wilf are the CB’s.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yeah - becoming clearer by the day that money is tight and the vanity project of the training ground is a bad investment.

 

Players and money come and go.

 

I applaud the club for actually investing in our infrastructure. There'll come a time when we get relegated again so we should at least try and build up our infrastructure with top class training and a stadium that sets us apart from traditionally similar sized clubs otherwise we'll just become one of those clubs again. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I think you’ll find it will, human beings want to work in the best working in environments.

An example outside of football, we recently had 1 of those big academy style schools built locally, its huge has amazing facilities, grounds and state of the art classrooms etc and how did they staff it? Yep They recruited and got the cream of teachers from surrounding schools it’s the facilities that got them the best resources.
Another example would you rather work in a Google office or  1 of the generic blue chip company offices, if you have been in a Google office I think I know your answer.

 

So again, Its human nature we all want to work in the best environment with the best facilities & bare in mind other than once a week the players spend every day there, this facility is a big plus for drawing in our targets.

Actually I think you miss a key point. Yes facilities are important but so is money, and so is prospects. My point isn't investing in the training ground is a bad thing to do, players will want to play with the best players. Same with the best workers, I'd be prioritising investment in things that can improve our revenue chances such as higher finishes every year with a better playing squad than nice showers for them. Flippant yes, but if we finish lower next year because others have improved and we haven't that will count for more than us having a nice training ground. Competing in Europe and great players will be a bigger draw for recruitment than anything else....oh and money to pay them with.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Leeds are playing some fantastic football against liverpool right now

They played like barcelona In there prime away at arsenal in the cup last year first half! Obvious already they’ll be pushing for top 6

Edited by Heymister2015
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Manu knows

Said in the #ManuTime last night. 
 C Puel's project at ASSE does not depend on the W Fofana case. The concern of the staff would concern more the part which would be, in the event of a big sale, reinvested to strengthen the team.

from Manu Lonjon who seems tight with ASSE 

 

Giggle

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, some of last summers spending must have been with the knowledge we were likely to be getting a huge fee for Maguire, but we also wanted Tarkowski or Ake and bid £30-40m did we not? We bid £20m+ for Demiral and were in for Tapsoba for a fee not far off that so we had a good chunk of it left. I like to think whatever we had left has cushioned the blow of how we've been hit in the pandemic. 

 

Selling Chilwell + the £20-30m we'll have from finishing 5th and Europa League suggests to me that at the very worst we still have £50-60m to spend this window if we really want to. I have absolutely no problem with them being a bit more creative though and seeing who they can secure on loan with an option/obligation to buy next summer like many clubs seem to do. Either way, we are in alright nick. Fans moan we flog our assets but by doing so and recruiting so well in Soyuncu and hopefully Castagne, it means we can cope with the pandemic better than a lot of the clubs like us in the Prem.

We aren’t getting £20/£30m unless we win  it. We’ll be lucky to pull £15m from it.

 

I think most of our cash is going in wages. We are spending £50m a season more than clubs of a similar size!

 

I think we are fine, the people in charge are level headed and seem to get the balance spot on most of the time. There will be swings when one summer you have to spend on infrastructure and others where the team really needs it.

 

Its highly debatable that people in charge will consider a team that finished 5th as one that needs huge investment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...