Jump to content
Paddy.

Riyad never wanted to join LCFC

Recommended Posts

On 17/05/2020 at 19:19, Vestan Pance said:

You can't speak for everyone, I for one will never forgive Kante for walking out on us after one season. Many proclaimed Ranieri's sacking as the death of football, but Kante stuck the first knife in. 

Kante didn’t appreciate what we done that season and what it meant. To jump ship at first opportunity, when you’ve just been a part of the greatest sports team ever in terms of the story, still makes no sense to me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See Kante made the top group of sportperson in the Sunday Times rich list.Cant remember the number but it was lot of dosh.

Obviously still not spending much money .Hes gradually catching me up!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2020 at 13:25, dynamark said:

See Kante made the top group of sportperson in the Sunday Times rich list.Cant remember the number but it was lot of dosh.

Obviously still not spending much money .Hes gradually catching me up!!

He used to drive around in a Mini at Leicester didn’t he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2020 at 10:12, pmcla26 said:

Kante didn’t appreciate what we done that season and what it meant. To jump ship at first opportunity, when you’ve just been a part of the greatest sports team ever in terms of the story, still makes no sense to me. 

See the post underneath yours .........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

He used to drive around in a Mini at Leicester didn’t he?

Think he still does.

A rarity of a footballer, who isn't out to splash his cash and impress everyone with what he buys.

He does seem to have a 'normal life, normal individual' aura about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

He used to drive around in a Mini at Leicester didn’t he?

 

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Think he still does.

A rarity of a footballer, who isn't out to splash his cash and impress everyone with what he buys.

He does seem to have a 'normal life, normal individual' aura about him.

Just bought a new car to replace it.

 

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/ngolo-kante-buys-new-mercedes-after-driving-mini-cooper-for-5-years/sjmwweq

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

 

Sell out!

 

He'll be exposed in The Sun next week inhaling laughing gas with Grealish and Sterling while snorting coke off the ample bosom of a glamour model - probably in the back seat of his new Mercedes.

 

Whatever happened to "humble", N'Golo? Remember Islam (no, the religion not that sulky Algerian lump!) :ph34r:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Money 

I don’t get it. My post was about him not appreciating what we done in a footballing sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t get it. My post was about him not appreciating what we done in a footballing sense. 

yes, it’s not about football, leaving us was about money ..........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

yes, it’s not about football, leaving us was about money ..........

 

and the medals he's won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Webbo said:

 

and the medals he's won.

He has but as much as i like kante cant believe he didn't give it one more year and give the champions league a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

yes, it’s not about football, leaving us was about money ..........

Apologies mate, was a bit confused thought u were disagreeing with me but get ya now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Markyblue said:

He has but as much as i like kante cant believe he didn't give it one more year and give the champions league a go.

Chelsea triggered the release clause and his agent saw £££

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

As if people are still going on about Kante leaving 😂😂 Just let it go, a team came in and paid more then his release clause then he left, move on! Some people really are so wet behind the ears if they think loyalty in football is a thing. Telling me if Jamie Vardy was 10 years younger he’d still be at Leicester and not one of the top clubs, or if Andy King was actually any good he’d of stuck around for 10 years, not the fact they both earn contracts theyd never get at another club. 😂 They all do what is best for them.

Exactly

I’ve said before I can’t understand this romantic notion that modern day footballers have this mystical allegiance to the teams they are playing for?

They have a short career, they aim to earn as much money as they can, wherever they can.

It would have been great for the likes of Drinkwater, Kante, Mahrez to win the league. It’s celebration, it’s medals, but above all it’s a way of increasing their stock value.

If we hadn’t won the league, no-one would have ever paid 35 mill for Drinkwater for example. 
And don’t forget, we benefitted massively from that sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly

I’ve said before I can’t understand this romantic notion that modern day footballers have this mystical allegiance to the teams they are playing for?

They have a short career, they aim to earn as much money as they can, wherever they can.

 

A bit like the rest of us really. A much better offer from an alternative employer and most people would be off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly

I’ve said before I can’t understand this romantic notion that modern day footballers have this mystical allegiance to the teams they are playing for?

They have a short career, they aim to earn as much money as they can, wherever they can.

It would have been great for the likes of Drinkwater, Kante, Mahrez to win the league. It’s celebration, it’s medals, but above all it’s a way of increasing their stock value.

If we hadn’t won the league, no-one would have ever paid 35 mill for Drinkwater for example. 
And don’t forget, we benefitted massively from that sale.

For me a compromise is reasonable, I dont expect world class players to stay with us for their entire career, but I think leaving after one or two seasons is piss taking.

 

3-4 years is probably fairest to both parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I resisted adding my comments to this thread as I’ve become bored with everyone poring over every single comment that Riyad makes, but as it refuses to go away I’ll add my thoughts.

 

RM is Algerian and his influences would presumably be francophone. I would be surprised if, before 2016, anyone from that background would have any desire to play for Leicester City – or even much knowledge of the club. I also don’t think that it’s the mentality of many footballers to stay at one club for multiple seasons when other clubs, with more money and chances of winning trophies, are chasing them. His frustration at not getting his move is not entirely surprising even if it could have been handled much more quietly and diplomatically.

 

What I also know for sure is that RM was one of the most talented players I’ve ever seen at Leicester. He more than played his role in the clubs greatest achievement in its history and he stayed on afterwards irrespective of the circumstances. Contrast that with Cambiasso and Kante who had no interest in staying for more than one season despite, in the case of the latter, the club qualifying for the Champions League and on a journey that was by no means complete at that stage. These two are spared criticism because one is a ‘nice bloke’ and the other doesn’t say much publicly.

 

Personally I have much more irritation with the actions of Kante than any of the others, but all made a fantastic contribution in laying the foundations for my best ever feeling as a football fan. In my personal opinion booing any one of them when they return to our stadium is utterly moronic, but each to his own.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I resisted adding my comments to this thread as I’ve become bored with everyone poring over every single comment that Riyad makes, but as it refuses to go away I’ll add my thoughts.

 

RM is Algerian and his influences would presumably be francophone. I would be surprised if, before 2016, anyone from that background would have any desire to play for Leicester City – or even much knowledge of the club. I also don’t think that it’s the mentality of many footballers to stay at one club for multiple seasons when other clubs, with more money and chances of winning trophies, are chasing them. His frustration at not getting his move is not entirely surprising even if it could have been handled much more quietly and diplomatically.

 

What I also know for sure is that RM was one of the most talented players I’ve ever seen at Leicester. He more than played his role in the clubs greatest achievement in its history and he stayed on afterwards irrespective of the circumstances. Contrast that with Cambiasso and Kante who had no interest in staying for more than one season despite, in the case of the latter, the club qualifying for the Champions League and on a journey that was by no means complete at that stage. These two are spared criticism because one is a ‘nice bloke’ and the other doesn’t say much publicly.

 

Personally I have much more irritation with the actions of Kante than any of the others, but all made a fantastic contribution in laying the foundations for my best ever feeling as a football fan. In my personal opinion booing any one of them when they return to our stadium is utterly moronic, but each to his own.

..Just goes to show who was the.most mature!!!

Kante chose to go backwards to go forwards and Mahrez has still not grown up!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/05/2020 at 11:40, South Shire Fox said:

As if people are still going on about Kante leaving 😂😂 Just let it go, a team came in and paid more then his release clause then he left, move on! Some people really are so wet behind the ears if they think loyalty in football is a thing. Telling me if Jamie Vardy was 10 years younger he’d still be at Leicester and not one of the top clubs, or if Andy King was actually any good he’d of stuck around for 10 years, not the fact they both earn contracts theyd never get at another club. 😂 They all do what is best for them.

It was let go, but someone decided to dig at riyad who was here several times longer than kante was.

 

Its double standards to pick on one and not the other.

Edited by Chrysalis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It was let go, but someone decided to dig at riyad who was here several times longer than kante was.

 

Its double standards to pick on one and not the other.

...and he couldn't wait to get out!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...