Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

I think that we all need to just face facts that no one else will be coming in. Not to the first team anyway. 

We've made it quite clear that we won't be going for squad filler and only real quality will be brought in and real quality isn't available right now. 

25 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think that we all need to just face facts that no one else will be coming in. Not to the first team anyway. 

We've made it quite clear that we won't be going for squad filler and only real quality will be brought in and real quality isn't available right now. 

I agree, if Timmy is good at LB then there’s no need.  Call me dumb but I thought Ayoze played as a CF for Newcastle so maybe he becomes the striker option.

As for new players I am only interested when John Percy and his ilk tweet it 

• Like 1

On 09/10/2020 at 17:49, Foxy_Bear said:

I think this is right and also think it's the right approach. The best way to improve the squad is by improving the first XI.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 22:00, Steve Earle said:

Was just looking for the Buendia thread? Or the Cantwell one?

No?

I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp about players like this. 

There's 14 other teams in this division that could have signed those two, the simple fact is they're not very good, which is why they're still taking up the wages! The Norwich fans will tell you exactly that too, especially about Buendia.

There's a reason Maddison is with us and didn't stay to get promoted with Norwich whilst Cantwell did.

I imagine Cantwell will get a deadline day move, and in comparison to Buendia he had a good season in the Prem, but he's not at the level we need to be aiming for now. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp about players like this. 

There's 14 other teams in this division that could have signed those two, the simple fact is they're not very good, which is why they're still taking up the wages! The Norwich fans will tell you exactly that too, especially about Buendia.

There's a reason Maddison is with us and didn't stay to get promoted with Norwich whilst Cantwell did.

I imagine Cantwell will get a deadline day move, and in comparison to Buendia he had a good season in the Prem, but he's not at the level we need to be aiming for now. 

Buendia I'll grant you, it seems like he was playing well when the team was flying, perhaps making him look better than he actually is. Cantwell though, was the only performer in a very below par team in the prem. He's a young lad and will likely have a big future.  The same sort of comments about him were made about Grealish when villa were relegated. Not going to lie, I was one of them that thought Jack was overated because he was young and english but he has certainly proved himself. 

For a club like ourselves, we wont get a Cantwell on the way up, now’s the only time that we could.  He may prove to be another tom davies ... but he could very well go the other way and I wouldnt be against a reasonably priced purchase. But as ever, I'll trust our scouts 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Blackburn Rovers apparently interested in taking Luke Thomas on loan if their move for Barry Douglas (Leeds) is unsuccessful

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18791307.leeds-united-full-back-barry-douglas-rovers-radar/

Wouldn't be against that personally, at least if it was till January. We have Castagne and Justin doing well, with Ricardo on his way back and Fuchs available. 

Decent championship side to send him to too - we sent Chilwell to Huddersfield in 15/16 for 3 months and it definitely paid off. Could be great for Thomas IMO.