3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Why do people think we should sign players to cover those who are missing for the first few weeks of the season? Thats a (classic) bollocks top six mentality that.

I think we should give Danny Simpson consideration, because we need cover.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

That global pandemic applies to the other teams in the thread you responded to though?

Well only one has signed a player Spurs, the other two are not confirmed so, who to say we don't sign someone before them?

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Or further embarrass us for not doing any business. Just get the vibe all is not well. Still no word from Rodgers for the new season.

So we should just sign anyone, rather us take our time and get the right players.

15 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The positive news is other sides have started making signings which may mean we start to see some incomings.

Can’t believe the amount of people unaware the whole process is like dominoes. Deals in deals 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Or further embarrass us for not doing any business. Just get the vibe all is not well. Still no word from Rodgers for the new season.

There was literally an article on the website with Rodgers on fixtures day 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can’t believe the amount of people unaware the whole process is like dominoes. Deals in deals 

Exactly. A lot of people want or expect things to happen instantly, something that sadly is not just the case with football and transfers

• Like 1

Doesn't help that the window doesn't close until October. Players can wait for better offers of see how they're current clubs season start, especially if they're not desperate to leave. 

It's different this summer, players from abroad have more to think about when deciding to up sticks and move to England. 

With Eze, I feel we already have young talented players. £16m seems a decent price though, but you wonder why no top half teams were in for him. Staying in London helps him too.

It's frustrating, but fingers crossed things are happening. Club could really do with a bit of a boost of optimism..

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

The season ended 30 days ago.

We didn't sign Justin, our first signing of last summer until 47 days from the last day of the season (12 May).

I get that the market is frustrating and there are only 5.5 weeks left but loads of teams have not moved big yet. A lot of that is because of the uncertainty, waiting for returns from holiday, waiting for dominoes to fall.

The time to get really frustrated and even worried is if we haven't strengthened the team with at least a left-back to replace Chilwell and a CB or winger to start the season. 2.5 weeks to do that should be no problem, when things get moving with us they really do pick up speed.

I suppose also the reason for not signing anyone yet is probably down to either lengthy negotiations trying to persuade decent signings to come or it’s just down to waiting for us to offload a few players first to finance the deals, either way they need to sort their sh it out to get a few decent players in before the season starts ?

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That is an outrageous price tbh, hate saying it because it's bloody 16 million sovs but it's pocket change in this era. He's class.

...this is where we should jump in an hijack this deal!!!

They would have asked £20 - 25m if we had enquired about buying him.

We need this guy in to bolster our roster, we definitely need to be bringing in more quality as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one  to think of this ! 

quick call to Esteban for a reference and it’s a shoe in !

My guess would be that we made an offer for Suarez. Doubt we could afford him but obviously Rodgers has a great relationship with him 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can’t tell if you’re having me on or not ........... 

I don’t think there’s any chance of it happening. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a little poke at his agent. Why wouldn’t we? Let’s line up with the oldest strike force in the league 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t think there’s any chance of it happening. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a little poke at his agent. Why wouldn’t we? Let’s line up with the oldest strike force in the league 

Because it’s a waste of our time and we have plenty of work to do on existing targets ..........