I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I actually don’t want Brendan or Congerton ‘fully in charge of transfers’. Rudkin, as much of a joke he’s become on here, has been around the longest and has the most history in seeing how we operate. Would bet he could file out the dross more so than Congerton who has been shit at nearly every club he’s been at. 

Edited by KFS
  • Like 4

How's his attention-ometer? Did he make something up that's close enough to what enough people want to believe for this to suddenly be deemed semi-credible? 

We all (and I include myself in this) need to get some fresh air.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, KFS said:

I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I actually don’t want Brendan or Congerton ‘fully in charge of transfers’. Rudkin, as much of a joke he’s become on here, has been around the longest and has the most history in seeing how we operate. Would bet he could file out the dross more so than Congerton who has been shit at nearly every club he’s been at. 

Rudkin is director of football. His job has got absolutely nothing to do with filing out the dross, it's about negotiating the transfers and contracts.

Congerton leads the recruitment team who select targets.

Anyone who believes one man can take full control of transfers is talking absolute b*llocks because it is a mammoth task that requires lots of voices. Does the manager want more veto power or an ability to suggest targets? Possibly. But there is no way a modern manager can do his job and recruit players at the same time.

• Thanks 1
Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Rudkin is director of football. His job has got absolutely nothing to do with filing out the dross, it's about negotiating the transfers and contracts.

Congerton leads the recruitment team who select targets.

Anyone who believes one man can take full control of transfers is talking absolute b*llocks because it is a mammoth task that requires lots of voices. Does the manager want more veto power or an ability to suggest targets? Possibly. But there is no way a modern manager can do his job and recruit players at the same time.

Sure I read somewhere that we still follow the processes laid down by Steve Walsh, not some dreamt up totalitarian transfer policy 

I was worried that  Vardy Madders or Ndidi were going to be out long term so this non -event of a twitter headline is a relief.Rodgers was frustrated by the lack of quality yesterday so how easily can you make a backstory out of this. 

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

... there maybe a possibility (should this rumour be true)  that the owners are not prepared to back Rodgers regarding the way the season petered out!!!

I would think that Rudkin would be taking instructions from above and not a unilateral decision. I believe there are funds available but not sufficient to match what Rodgers thinks is required.

20 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Has this thread actually gone "hot" due to a tweet from indykaila news?

No it's because people keep posting in it asking if it's gone hot due to a tweet from indykaila news...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sure I read somewhere that we still follow the processes laid down by Steve Walsh, not some dreamt up totalitarian transfer policy 

Exactly, don't know why anyone feels the need to attribute signings to individuals. Even if Puel recommended Ricardo (good) or Ghezzal (bad), they were still subject to the same scrutiny by recruitment experts and scouts at the club as any other signing. It's the same with a 'Rodgers signing' or a 'Ranieri signing', it's just the way transfers work.

If we look down the league, there are hardly any transfers done that are not:

- free transfers (Willian, Lallana, Hart)

- players that wanted out and their clubs let them go (Hojbjerg)

- players from relegated sides (Ramsdale, Ake)

- players from sides in financial trouble (Torres/Rodrigo at Valencia)

- loans made permanent

We still have 5 busy weeks left.

• Like 2