1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

What if Vardy, Iheanacho and Perez get injured at the same time? Better sign another striker. But they might get injured, as well. Better make it two.

What if Perreira, Justin, Amartey and Castagne get Injured at the same time? Sign a right back.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Got a feeling this could be our 'ploy' so to speak. Not be hard-balled in to paying over the odds and then pay less later in to the window. Risky, though.

Definitely. I think we could be quite busy on deadline day...

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Got a feeling this could be our 'ploy' so to speak. Not be hard-balled in to paying over the odds and then pay less later in to the window. Risky, though.

Especially when you look at say Norwich who’ve strengthened/replaced players they still have on the books... I’m sure I read they currently have 31 first teamers on the books so the closer it gets to the window closing you’d imagine the Buendia’s/Cantwell’s will continue to drop in value

• Like 1

Aaron Connolly from Brighton would be an ideal striker for us, wouldn't expect to start every week and I'd argue has the most similar play style to Vardy in the prem. Of course not as good but still young at 20/21 (I think?)

I'd chuck in a £10m bid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Aaron Connolly from Brighton would be an ideal striker for us, wouldn't expect to start every week and I'd argue has the most similar play style to Vardy in the prem. Of course not as good but still young at 20/21 (I think?)

I'd chuck in a £10m bid. 

I'd definitely like us to get him. Looked a real talent whenever I've seen him play.

31 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I'd chuck in a £10m bid. 

Haha £10m, why would they sell?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Been thinking that way for a while - whilst that will frustrate and could elicit a slowish start of the season, the bigger picture is more relevant than ever this year ......

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha £10m, why would they sell?

I'd fully expect it to be rejected tbf, but might ruffle a few feathers. 

I can't fathom why they sold Mooy either, and West Ham selling Diangana shows good value can be had even on younger players. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I'd fully expect it to be rejected tbf, but might ruffle a few feathers. 

I can't fathom why they sold Mooy either, and West Ham selling Diangana shows good value can be had even on younger players. 

Suppose its not out of the realms of possibility!

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

We need 2 good wingers and a striker and a CB before the season starts.

I like barnes I do but realistically I don't think he's there yet and won't be for 2 or 3 seasons 

2 wingers abd a cb

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I like barnes I do but realistically I don't think he's there yet and won't be for 2 or 3 seasons 

I will keep banging this drum, but once again there is unlikely to be room for two signings in the front three, never mind three. It's a 25 man squad and there is probably not going to be any interest in Gray or Iheanacho, which leaves us with 6 players for three positions already. I can see them having 7 but not 8.

Anyone expecting two wingers is kidding themselves. I would say the only chance they get a second winger OR a striker (certainly won't get both) is if someone takes Gray, and even then I'm not sure they're keen on selling him given how much he's played in pre-season over Albrighton.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I will keep banging this drum, but once again there is unlikely to be room for two signings in the front three, never mind three. It's a 25 man squad and there is probably not going to be any interest in Gray or Iheanacho, which leaves us with 6 players for three positions already. I can see them having 7 but not 8.

Anyone expecting two wingers is kidding themselves. I would say the only chance they get a second winger OR a striker (certainly won't get both) is if someone takes Gray, and even then I'm not sure they're keen on selling him given how much he's played in pre-season over Albrighton.

Well the owners must only accept a bottom 10 finish because im telling you now the way Rodgers sets up this team we will be fighting relegation next season as has showed since december of last year

Edited by Fox85
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Well the owners must only accept a bottom 10 finish because im telling you now the way Rodgers sets up this team we will be fighting relegation next season as has showed since december of last year

Doom and gloom is not for me. Gray, Barnes and Perez have all contributed from wide. As for no.9, Iheanacho is statistically one of the best no.2 strikers in the league in terms of goals/minute, and unless we go 3-5-2 (looks highly unlikely) a third player will be starved of minutes so how do you convince them to sign, and why bother spending limited money on that player?

Fuchs and Maddison are back in training. We have 8 players on international duty to come back too. It's a good squad with quality in the starting XI and some solid depth. Three more signings - a CB to take pressure off Evans and Söyüncü; a right winger; and another creative forward influence of some kind (attacking midfield most likely) would be a good summer and would leave us with a great squad to compete on four fronts.

Yes, if I was playing FIFA career mode I'd probably bin Fuchs and Morgan off, sign another £30m prospect CB as fourth choice, sell Iheanacho and sign a wonderkid striker, sell Albrighton and buy three wingers. But the reality is that your core of 14-16 quality players will play 80-90% of the minutes on offer anyway, and you can't convince players better than Albrighton, Gray, Morgan, Fuchs, Mendy, Jakupovic etc. to sign when they won't even get on the bench most weeks. 

We're going to have a good season, this is our best squad in our history.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

6 goals 8 assists, 6 goals 8 assists (6 legs, 8 legs). For all Barnes criticism he is already posting decent numbers and I'd expect him to improve. Been anonymous since March though, needs some magical intervention, where's Rodgers supposed midas touch?

• Like 1