Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not looking good is it. I saw that clip(scouser) and then one in Australia about police arresting(busting down door) someone protesting Covid on facebook.

Something inside me snapped a bit watching that cop. Don't know if its going to be much longer before there's going to be an outright war on the cops. Especially if they don't find a way to resolve conflicts non violently.  Fear and violence only take you so far before they turn against you. In my country I can easily see this turning into a Northern Ireland 2.0 type war.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

No sympathy...The passenger forced the confrontation,most likely also by bystander...his mate....Wanted a Fun day on  socialo media..

This is the way to deal with it....... Ask the person to put on a mask or show cause. If person fails to comply call for additional backup as in 2+ officers. Stand back and wait for back up. Remove physically from train(if necessary). The cop was incompetent and out of control of the situation before he even got there. Sounds a lot like "some" of the police killings here in the US. Mano a mano is not a good plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Not looking good is it. I saw that clip(scouser) and then one in Australia about police arresting(busting down door) someone protesting Covid on facebook.

Something inside me snapped a bit watching that cop. Don't know if its going to be much longer before there's going to be an outright war on the cops. Especially if they don't find a way to resolve conflicts non violently.  Fear and violence only take you so far before they turn against you. In my country I can easily see this turning into a Northern Ireland 2.0 type war.

The smashing the door down in Melbourne is a scary abuse of power. You expect that sort of reaction to serious criminals not someone making comments on Facebook that don’t agree with Chairman Dans plans to deal with the virus. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SO1 said:

This is the way to deal with it....... Ask the person to put on a mask or show cause. If person fails to comply call for additional backup as in 2+ officers. Stand back and wait for back up. Remove physically from train(if necessary). The cop was incompetent and out of control of the situation before he even got there. Sounds a lot like "some" of the police killings here in the US. Mano a mano is not a good plan.

In the Good ol' days...One Word from a policeman was suffice, In some cases Civilian would help, If any lary Idiot would Kick off..!!!

Please dont tell me ,we are better off...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

In the Good ol' days...One Word from a policeman was suffice, In some cases Civilian would help, If any lary Idiot would Kick off..!!!

Please dont tell me ,we are better off...

 

How long back are we going to the good old days where everyone respected one another and there was no animosity?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

How long back are we going to the good old days where everyone respected one another and there was no animosity?

Oh there was animosity,and not everyone respected one another,or their surroundings.....Its just the Good decent hard- guys -ASBO balance,has lost its equilibrium....and the over zealous lary idiots, minority has got a tad larger,and the rules & regulations have Bent in their favour....

 

Oh dont get me wrong,  I was es much a Rebel & questioned many an Action from all points of the Compass from People in authority, or in contrast Groups that wanted or tried to instigate some type of aggrovation.....

But that train Passenger knew and was just waiting & ready for confrontation.....

 

Plus this BS over to Wear a Face mask or not, in a govt.declared pandemic.....!!!

What the fk are people trying to prove...!!! By demanding they shouldnt be forced to wear masks

.Then be prepared to  starve !!!..miss out, on the relaxed-only lockdown regulations,be shutout of todays Covid Norm....

Be an unhelpfull,uncaring,egoist,selfish.....Bastard!!!    Add idiot.!!!

 

 

But then again, its only my humble opinion....

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t had a chance to look back over the last few pages but have I missed something as seems to be more radio announcements today about Leicester being a high risk area and not to meet in gardens it houses.  Someone told me today that some Sunday league teams have been told they can’t train again and will review on the 11th? I haven’t really kept up with what’s going on as we keep our selfs to our selfs other than work and starting school but didn’t think Leicester was to bad at the minute 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

In the Good ol' days...One Word from a policeman was suffice, In some cases Civilian would help, If any lary Idiot would Kick off..!!!

Please dont tell me ,we are better off...

 

I laid it out in the comment after that what should have been the proper procedure. If that had been followed we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SO1 said:

I laid it out in the comment after that what should have been the proper procedure. If that had been followed we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

No argument by me...I was just bouncing Off your post...:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/08/2020 at 09:07, lcfc278 said:

Genuine question, but why would the government want to force us to wear masks and to not let us go out and socialise with our family and friends if we could do? What do these people protesting against masks etc. think is going on?

 

Heard people saying the government wants to control us etc. but surely it is in the government's interest to have everywhere that generates income through tax open for business etc. as it would mean more money for the country. So I don't think the current restrictions are there to punish us at all, why can these protesters not see this?

They for sure want to control us, even a bbc journalist thinks the local lockdown's are to avoid losing that control.

 

So many people in this country think there is no lockdown anymore, and are ignorant to places like Leicester City having not been out of lockdown for circa 6 months.

 

I had one guy tell me the government are playing it safe and its justified because of immigration been high in the area, not only is that discrimination, but I told him, they hardly playing it safe when schools are reopening and almost every business can open.

Edited by Chrysalis
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/08/2020 at 15:31, Cardiff_Fox said:

Governments don’t gain from this pandemic. They have seen their economies fall off a cliff (directly impacting the majority in our House of Commons) 
 

I fully expect that opinion will change on the incumbent govts not during the pandemic but the aftermath and financial implications. 

Depends.

 

How many of these things would a tory government get away with when is no pandemic?

 

Borrowing at record levels.

The biggest social security spending since WW2.

Locking down cities, or even the entire country for months on end.

 

Not only that all of the usual governance problems are barely been reported on as its not as newsworthy as the pandemic.  Sometimes a disaster can aid a government such as the falkland islands war.

 

The typical voter isnt going to blame them next election for the economic drop off.

Edited by Chrysalis
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2020 at 09:16, kristianity77 said:

We are currently in kos and the hotel we are in ( which is running at 50 percent capacity) is now panicking because it looks like we might be asked to come back  shortly because of what's happened in Wales and Scotland.  But the truth of it is is that they take it WAY more seriously over here and take every precaution possible that we don't do in England, yet countries that rely on the tourism like here are being punished for it.

 

Another frustrating thing is that the government love this 20 in a 100000 infection as being the target a country cannot go above, yet Greece to my knowledge,never has.

 

Plus, these people on these flights from Zante, how can anyone with any conviction say it came from Greece? Someone who gets on a flight and goes away for 7 days could have taken it with them with no symptoms when they left, and the symptoms came out whilst on holiday. 

 

It all stinks a bit really to me when our infection rate currently nationally is higher than these countries, yet we haven't been barred from a lot of places.  Plus, we can impose restrictions here on specific places, but we cant do the same to abroad?

It is farcical I agree, the xx per 100k metric for starters is very flawed, its heavily manipulated by testing counts.

 

the 20 per 100k is also flawed, because it wasnt that long ago the UK was above that number and we was planning to exit lockdown at the time.

 

I expect if our average went up, the target number for travel bans would also go up.

 

Then they keep changing it on a whim, oh look the country is down to 19 yesterday lets declare it safe, as if 21 is significantly more dangerous than 19.

Edited by Chrysalis
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2020 at 22:41, Leicester_Loyal said:

****ing hell!

 

 

How did this update in law get passed, it is unfair to the officers to enforce such a law.

 

Many other exemptions for things require proof, e.g. discounted train tickets, then get disability pass, that pass in turn requires proof of qualification, want to park in restricted areas? then show blue badge as proof of exemption.

 

In this case a law has been passed granting people an exemption and bizarrely does not require proof to be shown, inevitably people will abuse it.  The police are then expected to identify those who are abusing the system without proof been required.

 

If the passenger was right, however I cannot support him, he was rude and aggressive, the correct course of action is to comply and appeal after.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2020 at 00:22, Leicester_Loyal said:

To be fair I am in support of the masks if they help prevent the spread, I just thought the police were a little over the top. As far as I'm aware I didn't think it was law to wear one nor that evidence was needed as proof of a medical condition. The copper will probably find himself suspended come tomorrow evening, the videos will go viral in the next 12 hours.

You dont think the guy's reaction wasnt over the top? completely uncivil behaviour.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

How did this update in law get passed, it is unfair to the officers to enforce such a law.

 

Many other exemptions for things require proof, e.g. discounted train tickets, then get disability pass, that pass in turn requires proof of qualification, want to park in restricted areas? then show blue badge as proof of exemption.

 

In this case a law has been passed granting people an exemption and bizarrely does not require proof to be shown, inevitably people will abuse it.  The police are then expected to identify those who are abusing the system without proof been required.

 

If the passenger was right, however I cannot support him, he was rude and aggressive, the correct course of action is to comply and appeal after.

Appalling coppering.

At his age, he ought to know how to deesculate a situation. 

 

 

Why didn't he radio for support before wading in? Why did he choose to increase the potential spread of virus by creating a scene that caused shouting and a scuffle?

 

Passenger was a ****. But coppers are trained to deal with pricks

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Appalling coppering.

At his age, he ought to know how to deesculate a situation. 

 

 

Why didn't he radio for support before wading in? Why did he choose to increase the potential spread of virus by creating a scene that caused shouting and a scuffle?

 

Passenger was a ****. But coppers are trained to deal with pricks

I expect he didnt radio because manpower shortages has likely encouraged cops to deal with things without backup, I expect 9 out of 10 people comply, so having a cop army every time someone needs removing from a train would be overkill.  But he perhaps should have asked for backup before trying to physically remove him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started seeing family and friends properly this last month or so (in person, indoors, with no distancing/masks etc) and I can't tell you how much better I feel for it. I've always thought of myself as an introvert, but being starved of social contact was starting to take it's toll on me mentally - especially as I'm still working from home. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Up to 3000 cases today, up by over 1000, it's clear a surge in cases is happening, let's just hope deaths and admissions stay low.

Definitely worrying seeing the number of cases continue to rise. Hopefully we don't see an increase in deaths. Was always likely to happen.

 

 

Just now, rachhere said:

This really is the worse time to be opening universities again, especially looking at what has happened in the US since they have started back. 

Have to agree with you, many universities simply don't have the buildings/public transport links designed to cope with social distancing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Have to agree with you, many universities simply don't have the buildings/public transport links designed to cope with social distancing. 

Not sure if you are in the union, but they are advising that staff should refuse to do anything face to face. I was in two minds about that as I do think it’s really important for students mental health to give them opportunities to interact, but that can’t be at the expense of the overall nations health. It’s so difficult though as it’s what students are expecting now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Not sure if you are in the union, but they are advising that staff should refuse to do anything face to face. I was in two minds about that as I do think it’s really important for students mental health to give them opportunities to interact, but that can’t be at the expense of the overall nations health. It’s so difficult though as it’s what students are expecting now. 

I'm not currently, have heard a few bits of suggestions. Luckily I don't have to fully be face-face with them and just will end up being in the room I believe. Can see why it's being suggested, especially with the rise in cases we're seeing. But as you've mentioned, it's about finding that fine balance

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Up to 3000 cases today, up by over 1000, it's clear a surge in cases is happening, let's just hope deaths and admissions stay low.

Doesn’t surprise me at all. We’ve been taking too many chances with holidays and foreign travel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Up to 3000 cases today, up by over 1000, it's clear a surge in cases is happening, let's just hope deaths and admissions stay low.

That’s so far out of whack with the trends I’m guessing that it includes some sort historical correction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think today's figures show that we need to remain mindful of taking precautions when out and about, no need to tighten measures just yet though as hospitalisations and deaths remain low, only 2 deaths today. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...