41 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It is a bit hard to take serious when its business as usual in hospitality.  Although I do wonder who approved it to be 30 in the first place, thats a very high number, I thought it was set to something that fit common sense.

Where you getting your allowed 30 people in ya house, 2 households can meet in 1 house 

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Exactly. Nobody's taken any notice of these bizarre, arbitrary rules for months.

Indoors.. outdoors. Downstairs loos. bubbles. Households. Meet only by accident in pubs. Codes of conduct.  If anyone is actually taking notice of this they must be doolally.

Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Respect people's personal space. That's all that should be reasonably asked for

Which is what my wife has always maintained. or In her words, wash your hands you dirty bleeders!

How can we run out of soap? Does that mean all of a sudden people have taken to washing their hands, or in other words, does that mean people didn’t wash their hands before all this came about.

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Which is what my wife has always maintained. or In her words, wash your hands you dirty bleeders!

How can we run out of soap? Does that mean all of a sudden people have taken to washing their hands, or in other words, does that mean people didn’t wash their hands before all this came about.

Every weekend in the bogs, whether it's pubs, KP stadium or restaurants, I always see blokes not wash their hands. Same pre-lockdown when I was at work but nipped into the supermarket for some food and a toilet break, never underestimate the amount of dirty bastards out there.

Just now, Chrysalis said:

The bbc news article I read from says they considering reducing from 30 to 6.

I think you’ll find they have got their information wrong, you were never allowed 30 people in ya house during this, when has anyone had 30 people in their house outside of this, why would they pick 30 as the number.

its always been, from when allowed that is, 2 households.

30 people meeting in outdoor space and weddings but not house

Announcement later and new rules from Monday 

the idea is to make it easier for the police to break up gatherings by restricting the allowed number to six (big families will be able to have a larger number)

Edited by st albans fox
22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Announcement later and new rules from Monday 

the idea is to make it easier for the police to break up gatherings by restricting the allowed number to six 

Take alcohol of the shelves for 6 weeks, the virus will soon disappear. But make sure we have a few days notice though

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Is it only me reading that as the only significant change is that you can’t meet in a park with more than six? 

Pubs and restaurants have been too; there’s a maximum of six people to a table. Households were already like that 

I guess it's just reinforcing stuff. Seems like pubs, restaurants, weddings, funerals and outdoor team sports can have 6+ and that gyms and leisure centre's are going to have to close again which will be an absolute mess. 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Is it only me reading that as the only significant change is that you can’t meet in a park with more than six? 

Pubs and restaurants have been too; there’s a maximum of six people to a table. Households were already like that 

All the pubs near me have been bookings of 6 people to a table maximum anyway. There are some strange interpretations though. I tried to book to go to the pub with my mate the other day and they rang me and said they couldn’t let us in because “as per government advice” the minimum amount of people allowed to meet was 4. I booked for 4 people and when we got there I said the other two had to cancel. They didn’t bat an eyelid. So odd. 

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I guess it's just reinforcing stuff. Seems like pubs, restaurants, weddings, funerals and outdoor team sports can have 6+ and that gyms and leisure centre's are going to have to close again which will be an absolute mess. 

You go to the gym on your own or in groups of two normally though I’d imagine so that wouldn’t be breaking any rules as I understand them at the minute. 

Gyms and sportsparks closing again would be ridiculous. They have put so much effort into getting them ready for easing of restrictions and are far easier to patrol than pubs and restaurants.

I'm sure a rise in infections is from things like house parties and illegal raves which are well over the 30 people limit anyway. Of course, the sensible ones are the first to lose out.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Gyms and sportsparks closing again would be ridiculous. They have put so much effort into getting them ready for easing of restrictions and are far easier to patrol than pubs and restaurants.

I'm sure a rise in infections is from things like house parties and illegal raves which are well over the 30 people limit anyway. Of course, the sensible ones are the first to lose out.

Exactly, as someone who works in a gym it would make absolutely zero sense in shutting them again. Would really **** me financially if they did.

My gym is absolutely spotless and we haven’t even got to 50% capacity at any one time. Everyone wears masks and cleans  there equipment after use so its perfectly safe.