Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

This is so true, I can't remember where I read it but I'm sure men in their fifties with a bit of a belly were filling up the ICU's at one point. Classed as an underlying condition, but probably didn't really consider themselves high risk 

Natural selection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the few sensible things Tubby Johnson (older folk remember him from Viz?) is for people to lose weight, obesity is one of the main factors for being in the vulnerable category and also one of the few factors that can be changed.

People should take responsibility for themselves and lead a healthier lifestyle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone downloaded the nhs app?

 

thing is, it isn’t really an nhs app at all

 

On the app, it asks you to enter the code from your positive test results (presumably to alert all those who have been in close contact for fifteen mins)  .... but I believe that unless you had a pillar 2 test, you can’t enter the code details it’s not recognised.. An ‘NHS/PHE’ lab positive test (Pillar 1)  will mean that all tracing has to be done via a phone call and your memory .....
 

who’d have thunk it - another mess up ......

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone downloaded the nhs app?

 

thing is, it isn’t really an nhs app at all

 

On the app, it asks you to enter the code from your positive test results (presumably to alert all those who have been in close contact for fifteen mins)  .... but I believe that unless you had a pillar 2 test, you can’t enter the code details it’s not recognised.. An ‘NHS/PHE’ lab positive test (Pillar 1)  will mean that all tracing has to be done via a phone call and your memory .....
 

who’d have thunk it - another mess up ......

 

Nope and couldn't care less about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, a chemical engineering research team in Cambridge has developed a technique which enables them to witness the virus attacking human cells in real time, as a result of tiny electrical signals occurring at the site of an attack being detected by an adjacent silicon chip. It means that different existing drugs can be tested very quickly, to see if any are effective in stopping the viral attacks, which has to be good news for guinea pigs and humans.    

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Apparently, a chemical engineering research team in Cambridge has developed a technique which enables them to witness the virus attacking human cells in real time, as a result of tiny electrical signals occurring at the site of an attack being detected by an adjacent silicon chip. It means that different existing drugs can be tested very quickly, to see if any are effective in stopping the viral attacks, which has to be good news for guinea pigs and humans.    

Don't suppose you could link where you've seen that?

Edited by UniFox21
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2020 at 19:03, Col city fan said:

You misunderstand me

Of course I’m not advocating the gal on the till takes it upon herself to challenge Neanderthals

The point I was making is how on earth can this be enforced in any way?

With great difficulty but service staff are not the police, it isn't their job to enforce laws. It basically relies on common decency but unfortunately this country's been bereft of that for many years now

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

With great difficulty but service staff are not the police, it isn't their job to enforce laws. It basically relies on common decency but unfortunately this country's been bereft of that for many years now

Saw this letter from 23 CEO's of the UK 's top retailers to the government last week. I don't miss my time in retail one bit, especially now. Poor fvckers.

 

LEADING RETAIL CEOS AND INDUSTRY BODIES URGE PM TO ACT ON VIOLENCE AND ABUSE AGAINST SHOP WORKERS

 

CEOs from 23 major British retailers and the sector’s leading industry bodies have joined forces in writing to the Prime Minister to ask him to provide effective legal protection for shop workers in the face of increasing levels of abuse and violence.

 

The move comes in the week that Alex Norris MP is due to get a second reading of his private members bill – Assaults on Retail Workers – this Friday, 25th September. The bill calls upon the Government to create a new offence which would carry higher penalties for those that abuse or attack shop workers when they are trying to enforce the law on age-restricted sales. 

 

The British Retail Consortium’s 2020 retail crime survey showed that over 400 retail workers face violence and abuse in the workplace every day, with the incidents often the result of staff challenging shoplifters, or more recently, due to them trying to implement coronavirus safety measures.

 

Meanwhile, a 2020 crime report from the Association of Convenience stores found that a quarter of violence incidents resulted in injury, with a weapon used in almost 20% of occurrences. A knife was the most commonly used weapon (43%) with axes, hammers and syringes used to attack or threaten shopworkers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Leicester uni is testing all staff and students to make sure everyone is with a positive case is identified. Great plan and at least makes students/staff/parents more at ease and confident about going to work/study. Think this should be standard amongst Univeristies now, ensures safety of both staff and students. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Leicester uni is testing all staff and students to make sure everyone is with a positive case is identified. Great plan and at least makes students/staff/parents more at ease and confident about going to work/study. Think this should be standard amongst Univeristies now, ensures safety of both staff and students. 

 

Agree entirely.

 

In the absence of such measures some universities are recalling ancillary student facing and non-essential staff to stave off calls for refunds and fee reductions - simply by invoking the 'Covid Safe' workspaces which is a nonsense since the infection is dynamic and mutable. This is reckless to the extreme and I would not be in the least surprised to see brand damage in the inevitable event of a major outbreak on a municipal campus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fed up of hearing about this Christmas bollocks, like you'd leave your grandparents alone for Christmas regardless of what the Government tells you.

O would leave them if I were absolutely certain it was in the best interests and the government would be abiding by their own rules. 

 

This current shower would have a big grandparent party at the house of the Cummings and laugh at your expense. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

UK figures fell for the third day in a row. Probably a weekend thing but worth keeping an eye on, lets hope it continues.

 

14 day trends on deaths and cases are still up though thats to be expected.

Edited by Nalis
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Leicester uni is testing all staff and students to make sure everyone is with a positive case is identified. Great plan and at least makes students/staff/parents more at ease and confident about going to work/study. Think this should be standard amongst Univeristies now, ensures safety of both staff and students. 

 

Oh no! I know I am a wimp but I really don't want a test. I have serious issues with my nose and get nosebleeds so easily, this isn't going to end well if we have to do the same! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...