3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I would post the article on the accuracy of positive tests at this point but have done so before.  Many positive tests are picking up strands of old virus from months ago in people.  

A pcr test is not supposed to be used for diagnosis, and this is the very reason.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I would post the article on the accuracy of positive tests at this point but have done so before.  Many positive tests are picking up strands of old virus from months ago in

Do we have a peer reviewed percentage for this or is something that occurs but no one really knows how much of it is occurring ....

10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

6914 new cases today, 59 deaths.

Cases up 4.2% in a week, 2 weeks after we were told they were doubling every 7-8 days:dunno:

I would wait for the ONS numbers and also the new labs to come on stream before patting ourselves on the back that this isn’t expanding faster than 4% in a week. Deaths and hospital admissions are definitely increasing but we aren’t trying to stop that happening, just control it somewhat and stop it becoming march/April again......

hopefully the reminders to the public to socially distance again via new restrictions is working ........need a lid on cases as autumn draws on ....

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Do we have a peer reviewed percentage for this or is something that occurs but no one really knows how much of it is occurring ....

If only 7% or so have been previously exposed ( from antibody studies) then it can hardly be a very significant error factor,

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

And now Trump has Covid-19.  I hope he recovers, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Although on a personal level I feel little sympathy. the US president dying isn't really what the world needs right now.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

He was asking to catch it. But hope he recovers, can’t wish that on anyone. Hopefully it makes him realise how serious this is but doubtful. X 

If he gets it mild, or even bad but recovers, it plays into his rhetoric perfectly. 'Look, I'm old, overweight - at risk according to the experts. But here I am. I told people it was nothing to worry about, and I'm here as living proof of that'.

I have no idea who this kid is, but why is this making the news. It's terrifying that this is making the news and the kid seemed to think he couldn't catch a virus because of his age. I say kid, he's a 21 year old man. Jesus christ.

image.png.8cc8f6bbe1f13d297e673844fcaf5b02.png

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I have no idea who this kid is, but why is this making the news. It's terrifying that this is making the news and the kid seemed to think he couldn't catch a virus because of his age. I say kid, he's a 21 year old man. Jesus christ.

Jesus, do younger people generally think they can't catch/carry it, or is this jerk-off in the slim minority? If this thinking is widespread it absolutely needs stamping out in schools. Fvcking idiot

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Interesting that he has no symptoms and is all good, false positive is highly likely.

• Like 1

The worrying thing is about Trump having it, he's hardly going to emerge from the other side going "I got it massively wrong, it's horrible and debilitating and you should all be taking maximum precautions to avoid catching it"

I can see him being very nonchalant about it, which might be the case when he's got the best medical care in the world. However if he starts with this rhetoric, it's going to endanger hundreds of thousands of his followers who will use it as an excuse to be even more complacent than they already are.

That coupled with the healthcare system in the US - and those in the population that don't have insurance - and it could be very dangerous.

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

The worrying thing is about Trump having it, he's hardly going to emerge from the other side going "I got it massively wrong, it's horrible and debilitating and you should all be taking maximum precautions to avoid catching it"

I can see him being very nonchalant about it, which might be the case when he's got the best medical care in the world. However if he starts with this rhetoric, it's going to endanger hundreds of thousands of his followers who will use it as an excuse to be even more complacent than they already are.

That coupled with the healthcare system in the US - and those in the population that don't have insurance - and it could be very dangerous.

Exactly, he'll recover as he'll have the best doctors in the world, which will double down his opinion that it isn't something to worry about. How long does he have to isolate for? Terrible timing for his election campaign! 

Deaths seem to be rising slowly, but hardly the explosion that the lockdown enthusiasts are craving. 

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Exactly, he'll recover as he'll have the best doctors in the world, which will double down his opinion that it isn't something to worry about. How long does he have to isolate for? Terrible timing for his election campaign! 

Deaths seem to be rising slowly, but hardly the explosion that the lockdown enthusiasts are craving. 

Deaths will slowly rise during the winter, that's what happens every year, I have a feeling that the flu deaths added to corona deaths will add up to a standard flu year amount.

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

770 students tested positive at Northumbria Uni. Pretty massive outbreak.

There must've been a gathering. That's a ridiculous amount.

EDIT- Just had a look, many were out in Newcastle in pubs during the week.

Shows the impact on cases that students going to universities have had. Only a small percentage symptomatic though? 

No guarantee on immunity I know but at least most students will likely have had it soon. Just depends who they're giving it too in the meantime. 

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If you can get a huge fine for meeting in large groups etc, I think anyone doing this should get a criminal record. Traveling after having a test  so she knows she might have it, and also travelling after getting a positive test. Both those things are worthy of a criminal record, possibly community service.

Boris blaming the public’s “discipline” for cases going up.

This despite a nationwide campaign to get people out to pubs and restaurants which ended only a month ago. He might be right in that the public became complacent but no more so than the government.

• Like 1