38 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Was it fact checked that the average age of a "covid" death was 82, as opposed to the life expectancy which is just over 81? Incredible (if not really relevant) stat if true. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/average-age-of-coronavirus-fatalities-is-82-pcwqrzdzz

Using ONS data so I would imagine so.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Was it fact checked that the average age of a "covid" death was 82, as opposed to the life expectancy which is just over 81? Incredible (if not really relevant) stat if true. 

Of course it's relevant, it means that most people have very little to worry about.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What do we make of the scenes in Liverpool then? Will there be a mass outbreak after their behaviour in the streets? 

Nope, hasn't spread anywhere with outdoor events or protests in the past 7 months.

Stupid scenes though really, but no different than what was happening in London at the weekend at 10pm.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What do we make of the scenes in Liverpool then? Will there be a mass outbreak after their behaviour in the streets? 

Probably. I'm not surprised- this is exactly the problem we face. The vast majority are being sensible and coping with the restrictions, understanding that we can't carry on as normal and are adapting.

So many people have sacrificed so much, been housebound shielding to protect themselves, and some carry on without care. You really are in a lottery situation where you hope you don't end up near them.

Can't stand the selfishness of them.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I’d guess the same scenes will re occur in various other locations where similar lockdowns are introduced.

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Embarrassing but inevitable

Its one thing it being busy after the 10pm curfew and everyone just walking away, to transport or whatever but these pricks were actually actively making a scene in a **** you to the rules. You can disagree but these scenes just give excuses for the government to blame the public. 

• Like 1

Starting to think the cycle will be:

- Further restrictions between now and early December across the UK resulting in a slight dip in cases

- December opening up a bit with  maybe a max of 3 households mixings. 

- Restrictions coming back in January until early spring when cases inevitably rise during tbe previous December/early 2021 period

Having major restrictions in December wouldnt go out well and people are more likely to ignore them particularly around Xmas. Maybe the public might buy into lockdowns a bit more if the carrot of the Christmas season opening up is dangled (they shouldnt need to but still)?

Edited by Nalis
26 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Restrictions coming back in January until early spring when cases inevitably rise during December/early 2021

Surely we cant still be having restrictions heading in to 2022... 

33 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Surely we cant still be having restrictions heading in to 2022... 

Quite possibly and maybe beyond. We are living with a global pandemic which will very likely become endemic and require periodic vaccination. Until we have a vaccine, then expect this disruption to continue. Even then, it is unlikely to be fully effective. A partially effective vaccine is preferable to no vaccine at all. The annual flu vaccination is only 50% effective, but it plays a huge part in reducing the clinical impacts of flu in the population. 

Accept that the world as you knew it has changed and be prepared to change with it. 

Just now, Line-X said:

Accept that the world as you knew it has changed and be prepared to change with it

This is not something I can do. I am not social distancing and wearing a mask in 10 years. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Quite possibly and maybe beyond. We are living with a global pandemic which will very likely become endemic and require periodic vaccination. Until we have a vaccine, then expect this disruption to continue. Even then, it is unlikely to be fully effective. A partially effective vaccine is preferable to no vaccine at all. The annual flu vaccination is only 50% effective, but it plays a huge part in reducing the clinical impacts of flu in the population. 

Accept that the world as you knew it has changed and be prepared to change with it. 

Accept the world has changed - that's possible.  But accept that the world has changed to the extent that grandparents and grandchildren must not meet - never.  Some things in life are more important than to keep breathing for as long as possible.

So far in this pandemic, based on 42,000 deaths with average life expectancy of 12 years at time of death (which is the highest possible estimate), life expectancy in the UK has reduced by 1 week.  We are not entering permanent lockdown for an extra week of life.

8 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Are their any vacancies for my 8 yr little boy has set his heart on cleaning chimneys but i think he needs to work int mill.

5 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

This is not something I can do. I am not social distancing and wearing a mask in 10 years. 

You probably won't need to, although you are presumably aware that coronaviruses are a diverse and highly successful family that have adapted to occupy a slew of animal species, including birds, cats, dogs, pigs, mice, horses, whales, monkeys, ferrets, camels and cows. There are hundreds of known coronaviruses, which fall into four genetically different genera, or subgroups: alpha and beta - those that mainly infect mammals; and gamma and delta, which mainly infect birds. Often, they don't make their host sick, and most cannot transmit from one species to another. But occasionally, when a virus evolves a mutation that benefits its ability to thrive, it can jump species, or "spill over." If the mutated virus can replicate to high enough levels, it can cause an outbreak among humans or other animals. A similar global pandemic may very possibly happen again in "10 years" and yes you will indeed be social distancing and wearing a mask. 

6 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Accept the world has changed - that's possible.  But accept that the world has changed to the extent that grandparents and grandchildren must not meet - never.  Some things in life are more important than to keep breathing for as long as possible.

So far in this pandemic, based on 42,000 deaths with average life expectancy of 12 years at time of death (which is the highest possible estimate), life expectancy in the UK has reduced by 1 week.  We are not entering permanent lockdown for an extra week of life.

??? Who is suggesting permanent lockdown?

We are talking about responsible social distancing and the sporadic need for provincial or national lockdown measures until a vaccine becomes available. 

1 minute ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

**** that, I’d rather just top myself 

Humans are social beings. If there is still (anti)social distancing in years to come it would definitely not be a pleasant world.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, StanSP said:

The same Leicester lot on twitter calling for mass disorder and ignoring of the rules are being cry arses today about it because it happened to be in a City they have a problem with.

All of the economic pain, the misery of not been able to visit relatives.

All for this.

So the earlier image I posted showed pubs are 7.5x more likely to spread vs 6 or less in a home, it turns out schools are 3x over pubs.  Uni's are slightly behind in second place, so homes been closed in local lockdown areas, are 22.5x less likely to spread vs schools.  NI has already decided to close schools, now this is out public opinion will change.

The situation has changed, initially it was education vs health argument and was easy to say education comes first, but now businesses are starting to be locked down its become education vs economy.

The question is how much of the national media will report this, especially the BBC.

Edited by Chrysalis
43 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

**** that, I’d rather just top myself 

40 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Humans are social beings. If there is still (anti)social distancing in years to come it would definitely not be a pleasant world.  

Reckon we'd end up with a greater proportion of psychopaths in society which cant be a good thing.

Edited by Nalis