Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think it's good he's holding out for a better financial package. 67% of minimum wage isn't sufficient. I'd love an mp to live on 200 quid a week. 

I fully agree with him taking a stand too, so should everyone in the north if they dont get sufficient funding if told to be in tier 3 otherwise the north/south divide will grow even more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

In a predicament, just wondered what everyone thought. Had to get a new job due to covid, but with only an 8 week contract initially. Bossed it for 5 weeks , 60hrs a week and really going for it to try and get the perm contract. 

 

Started to get a tickly chest and today woke up with cough , high fever, achy body etc. Classic symptoms. Let them know but it's an automated system to report absense. (I really could have worked, feel fine apart from the mentioned but felt like I ought to do the right thing). 

 

Think the absense will affect my prospects of the contract ? 

Hopefully not mate, you're doing the right thing. Keep us updated.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

So why do Lancashire gyms get to stay open (rightly so) , but Liverpool are being forced to close. The inconsistencies are astonishing. Absolutely had enough of this boll*cks. 

Strange innit 

 

Lancashire politicians convinced govt that they could police the gyms to make sure that covid safe ones remained open and those that weren’t would close ..... like they have the resources to check them out !   More like Sunak was happy that  he wouldn’t have to pay the 67% salary to all gym staff ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TK95 said:

So the government fail to reach an agreement with Greater Manchester for putting them in tier 3. I don't recall any choice when Leicester was TOLD to go into local lockdown. Absolute shambles :mad:

Maybe why it was tested out in Leicester, it’s hardly full of anarchy is it. Once they locked down in Leicester the government probably thought that everywhere else would play ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

 

 

The gowns PestFix have purchased are currently in storage; awaiting testing. They've also supplied masks to the public which despite being advertised did not have the relevant testing regulation. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53672841 - end of this article

 

The awarding of the contract to Pest Fix was achieved on 10th April....the deadline was 13st April, which leaves a huge hole for legal challenge

 

Additionally one of the other suppliers, Ayanda Capital  reportedly supplied 43.5 million of the wrong FFP2 mask. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ministers-waste-150m-buying-unusable-masks-from-banker-5v8390xtp 

 

It's not solely about delivering on the contract - it's also whether that's been achieved at value for the tax payer. 

Stop posting like the government can ever do any wrong ffs! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

F-me. What's going in in here? The last two pages are full of points, counter points, and eventually admissions of being wrong - even to the point of apologies.

 

Oh, no - I see it now. All the anti-science, conspiracy p/!(£s haven't posted for a while. Amazing how constructive things can be when you're not having to deal with that. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Work is slowly filling up with covid (London icu). Really can't be ****ing bothered. Been wearing an ffp3 since March. Part of me is wondering am I inhaling microfibres wearing this thing 40 hours a week?

Edited by z-layrex
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Work is slowly filling up with covid (London icu). Really can't be ****ing bothered. Been wearing an ffp3 since March. Part of me is wondering am I inhaling microfibres wearing this thing 40 hours a week?

I don't think anyone would blame you for wanting to pack it in. Just hope your own mental health has managed to hold up through this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Work is slowly filling up with covid (London icu). Really can't be ****ing bothered. Been wearing an ffp3 since March. Part of me is wondering am I inhaling microfibres wearing this thing 40 hours a week?

During/after this chaos, and the"hand-clapping"...

I still wonder if your jobs( health-care) are being supported, analysed over the Short n long term knock-on Effects ,& are seriously being scrutinised,from any decent body,Internal or external....

 

Various semi-decent Medical Media Outlets around Europe did Pick up on some serious peripheral, yet unknown complications,outside Covid,I wonder if there is some sort of tracking still in progress,or the interest has faded...

 

Normal Joes, like myself can only be gratefull mostly by giving you the Moral support and trying to educate ourselves on the proffesions hard difficulties.So we can try to offer then put forward our opinions & supporting voices.

 

unfortunately  like the military personnelle,or any other public-services,even when facts and needs are known,

those acknowledgement,transparacy & implementation needs falls on convenient Deaf ears & stoney ground...

 

Who looks After and protects  the people, who Care for & protect us..

I can only offer a Godbless & thankyou...

 

 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

In a predicament, just wondered what everyone thought. Had to get a new job due to covid, but with only an 8 week contract initially. Bossed it for 5 weeks , 60hrs a week and really going for it to try and get the perm contract. 

 

Started to get a tickly chest and today woke up with cough , high fever, achy body etc. Classic symptoms. Let them know but it's an automated system to report absense. (I really could have worked, feel fine apart from the mentioned but felt like I ought to do the right thing). 

 

Think the absense will affect my prospects of the contract ? 

Get yourself tested, and if it comes back negative inform work and get back in there. In the meantime, get well soon 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hopefully not mate, you're doing the right thing. Keep us updated.

 

55 minutes ago, Staff said:

Get yourself tested, and if it comes back negative inform work and get back in there. In the meantime, get well soon 

Thanks both. 

 

Fever has gone at least for now so hoping it was a short lived one. 

 

Had a test at my workplace yesterday after I got the initial chest symptoms (basically a walk in for any worker that wants it)  which takes 2-5 days to get results. They sent an email just asking for me to get a NHS test and proof of it, again looks automated / boilerplate, so will give them a call regarding already having one after initial symptoms at work. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well test this morning for me. 
 

Had two hours yesterday of extreme shooting muscle pains, followed by a temperature akin to the underworld and woke up this morning with a headache so heavy; I think someone has hit it with a frying pan

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well test this morning for me. 
 

Had two hours yesterday of extreme shooting muscle pains, followed by a temperature akin to the underworld and woke up this morning with a headache so heavy; I think someone has hit it with a frying pan

Sounds like pretty intense symptoms. Hope they subside for you asap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Would it be worth staying longer...If no Work responsibility. Then Go local...for Roof over the head..??

valuating Costs back home to staying on a budget & in the warmth,less Stress maybe..

Unfortunately work beckons otherwise I would definitely stay here and live cheaply.

 

 

 

On the subject of work I’m reading conflicting figures regarding the work retention scheme, can anyone advise whether workers get 67% or 77% of their  salaries?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well test this morning for me. 
 

Had two hours yesterday of extreme shooting muscle pains, followed by a temperature akin to the underworld and woke up this morning with a headache so heavy; I think someone has hit it with a frying pan

Have you been participating in one of Brendan's training sessions? 

 

Sounds horrendous, hope you're feeling better soon CF.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Unfortunately work beckons otherwise I would definitely stay here and live cheaply.

 

 

 

On the subject of work I’m reading conflicting figures regarding the work retention scheme, can anyone advise whether workers get 67% or 77% of their  salaries?

67% if you’re forced to shut due to tier 3 restrictions 

 

the other scheme covers you if you can work a min of a third of your hours - you earn a third, your company pays a third and the govt top up a third. Max from the govt is £700/month I think.  I don’t believe this scheme will be used that much 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Have you been participating in one of Brendan's training sessions? 

 

Sounds horrendous, hope you're feeling better soon CF.

Ironically I’m hoping it’s a case of fatigue as I had the first half of this week off and went rambling. 
 

Test centre was very well organised though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

67% if you’re forced to shut due to tier 3 restrictions 

 

the other scheme covers you if you can work a min of a third of your hours - you earn a third, your company pays a third and the govt top up a third. Max from the govt is £700/month I think.  I don’t believe this scheme will be used that much 

Thank you.

Tough either way on workers whose employers  are struggling. I can’t imagine there are many people able to lose 23% of their income let alone 33%

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Maybe why it was tested out in Leicester, it’s hardly full of anarchy is it. Once they locked down in Leicester the government probably thought that everywhere else would play ball.

We're stoic.

 

From years of following our football club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

But it could stop it spreading right?

Do you want to walk your dog or go on a morning run wearing a mask? The question that needs to be asked if how long are these restrictions going to be in place if we do not get a vaccine? Because there is absolutely no way I'm living like this in 2 years time. It's sending me crazy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...