filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

8 hours ago, simFox said:

There are a lot of nurses off work, isolating according to the figures I read. There will no doubt be a bunch of nurses thinking why am I risking myself with covid for such a low wage. A bigger wage to work at covid wards will attract more people, nurses are humans and money talks.

Money doesn't talk; it swears.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Pretty much this, I dont know why people think household mixing of families is a big vector, the scientist data released repeatedly doesnt support this (big parties yes, but not small meets).  The latest figures for November in terms of spread vectors.  Looking at the Leicester data I posted a few days back, we can see the lockdown measures since September has been unable to bring the figures down, and they have actually accelerated since national lockdown started.

I said it weeks ago and I still stand by my statement. You can close everything, but whilst having unis, schools and key workplaces open (including supermarkets), you'll always have a lot of cases and an R rate around 1.

We'll be like this until we get a vaccine system sorted now, and when that's sorted, we'll still have to wear masks and social distance.

21 hours ago, Rain King said:

Thanks, he had problems with his ears when he was younger (recurring glue-ear) so think it's just an extension of that.

Will see how he is on the morning.

My eldest has had many bouts of Tonsillitis throughout her childhood. On Sunday she was complaining of a sore throat, we called 111 and they said try not to worry, keep her off on the Monday and keep an eye on her. 

We decided to get her tested on Monday afternoon as a precaution, and got a positive test result yesterday morning. 

It could indeed be unrelated, and to be quite honest I/we could have done without the hassle of self isolation for the next two weeks, but for me it was a case of better safe than sorry. 

If you and your other half are happy to take the little one to be tested, then maybe you should consider it. Good luck hope they’re feeling better soon. 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think they are scaring some older people to death literally, its disgusting the media are an absolute joke, my mum is like a deer in headlights atm.

All this scaremongering are we going to have christmas are we not, load of guff.

You mean you haven't shown her all your unscientific cherry picked stats and desperately biased YouTube videos made by knitting scientists that confirm it's all a load of nonsense that we don't need to be worried about? Surely if she listens to you she has absolutely nothing to be scared of?

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I said it weeks ago and I still stand by my statement. You can close everything, but whilst having unis, schools and key workplaces open (including supermarkets), you'll always have a lot of cases and an R rate around 1.

We'll be like this until we get a vaccine system sorted now, and when that's sorted, we'll still have to wear masks and social distance.

Odd that the opening of pubs and hospitality doesn't figure in or impact upon your "statement"? 

8 minutes ago, String fellow said:

It must be a sign of the times that on a day when another 500 victims have died from Covid-19, the biggest topic for discussion on FT is the lyrics to a song.

All Covid or other matters and covid is being used on the death certificate?

30 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Odd that the opening of pubs and hospitality doesn't figure in or impact upon your "statement"? 

You've lost me?

EDIT: Sat here for 5 minutes trying to work out what you mean but I'm at a loss. My point was Covid will spread enough in those areas alone, so we'll continue to be in the same position for a while. I wasn't arguing for or against opening pubs or the hospitality, before you start on a tirade...

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
34 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

You mean you haven't shown her all your unscientific cherry picked stats and desperately biased YouTube videos made by knitting scientists that confirm it's all a load of nonsense that we don't need to be worried about? Surely if she listens to you she has absolutely nothing to be scared of?

nope her brain is mapped to believe everything the media say a bit like yourself.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

nope her brain is mapped to believe everything the media say a bit like yourself.

Who mapped it for her, the Deep State? When you say media, do you not include the formats you believe then? Are all 'media' to be disbelieved? Or just the ones you choose not to take any notice of? 

And lol at I believe everything I read in the media, you have absolutely no justification for that comment, it is pure assumption on your part 

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Who mapped it for her, the Deep State? When you say media, do you not include the formats you believe then? Are all 'media' to be disbelieved? Or just the ones you choose not to take any notice of? 

And lol at I believe everything I read in the media, you have absolutely no justification for that comment, it is pure assumption on your part 

Whatever, boring.

I agree with the scaremongering. Literally says on BBC :

Deaths within 28 days of a positive test for ANY REASON.

No one knows the true figures for dying OF Covid, or if this winter the deaths are on similar levels to previous years, as hospitals are always overwhelmed every winter. 

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Whatever, boring.

Oh come on, you can't make the statement that your mother's brain has been 'mapped' but then not go on to explain by whom? And then assert that the 'media' are not to be believed, after you've posted so much 'media' on here to try to back up your so called facts? 

You people would be taken so much more seriously if you could actually back up your statements, rather than posting complete nonsense, followed up when you are called up on it with drivel like 'whatever, boring' lol

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Oh come on, you can't make the statement that your mother's brain has been 'mapped' but then not go on to explain by whom? And then assert that the 'media' are not to be believed, after you've posted so much 'media' on here to try to back up your so called facts? 

You people would be taken so much more seriously if you could actually back up your statements, rather than posting complete nonsense, followed up when you are called up on it with drivel like 'whatever, boring' lol

:frusty:

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Nice well thought out intelligent response. Really not sure why expected anything else, tbh. 

the last time I tried replying with actual scientific study you thrown back a load of newspaper links which where full of fluff and no actual data to backup anything, just put me on ignore for both our sakes, your talking rubbish. cheers.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

the last time I tried replying with actual scientific study you thrown back a load of newspaper links which where full of fluff and no actual data to backup anything, just put me on ignore for both our sakes, your talking rubbish. cheers.

You will have to remind me, I really don't remember you ever posting any 'actual scientific study' Oh and you mean 'you're'. cheers.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I agree with the scaremongering. Literally says on BBC :

Deaths within 28 days of a positive test for ANY REASON.

No one knows the true figures for dying OF Covid, or if this winter the deaths are on similar levels to previous years, as hospitals are always overwhelmed every winter. 

You can pretty much tell when all other days have been reduced compared to previous years

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Remember when you replied to quite a thought out argument by myself with the laughing emoji and said you "couldn't be bothered to waste your time" replying? This is all a bit glasshouses now, isn't it?

Well, no, not really. From what I remember you didn't post a 'well thought out argument', just a load of moaning points about what the Government have done wrong, in your opinion. Possibly not wrong, but hardly a well thought out argument :blink:

This bloke literally expects us all to believe that his mother's brain has been mapped lol

• Haha 1