Jump to content
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I have not seen anyone but my younger sister since march, as yes I have followed the rules no matter how much I didnt agree all of them and didnt like it, I was only able to see my younger sister because I live on my own and thats my nominated bubble.  My parents (are not in a care home) and elder sister as well as wider family but under the rules I havent been allowed to see them since march.  I could have met for a short period at a hospitality venue but I consider that too risky so didnt do it.

 

Leicester has never allowed family meetups in homes even just one person visiting, our local lockdown forbade it all the way through and started before the summer ease off.

Ah yes sorry.

 

Forgot Leicester had stronger rules.

 

Hopefully you will be able to see them soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Multi-generational households that are likely mixing in spite of the lockdown. This will result in a boom in cases. In the city center, at least, there are tonnes of multi-generational households in close proximity. That would be my assumption.

 

Cheers,

 

Tom

Utter embarrassment coming from Leicester this is, most places cases are going down, let’s go to Leicester we’re there actually rising wtf is up with the twats

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

When do we start the Thursday clap for massive multinational corporations and their incredible vaccine development programs which will save the world from Covid? :)

 

Edit:  And the greatest universities in the world who work stay that way by letting in the best and brightest.


I’m sure plenty of those multinationals will get the profits for their reward, although I don’t see the same financial rewards for healthcare staff ;) (in balance, hats off to AstraZeneca for making it non-profit, and any other private company following similar paths)

 

And I fully agree we should be letting in the best and brightest, but I think you can only gain by encouraging those in underrepresented groups with the ability if there’s systemic issues holding them back. At the minute that’s primarily white male working class boys. The more talent we allow to prosper the better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

When do we start the Thursday clap for massive multinational corporations and their incredible vaccine development programs which will save the world from Covid? :)

 

Edit:  And the greatest universities in the world who work stay that way by letting in the best and brightest.

 

When they announce it will be profit free and renounce all rights to the patent so poorer nations can make affordable generic copies?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Buce said:

When they announce it will be profit free and renounce all rights to the patent so poorer nations can make affordable generic copies?

 

They have delivered a vaccine because the economics work, and the your first reaction is to demand we break the model so any future decision makers won't want to make vaccine.  You couldn't make it up!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

 

They have delivered a vaccine because the economics work, and the your first reaction is to demand we break the model so any future decision makers won't want to make vaccine.  You couldn't make it up!!

 

I made no such demand. But don't expect me clap as they get rich and the poorer nations go without.

 

I would hope to see future decisions based on a sense of altruism and mutual benefit, but I expect that concept is beyond your comprehension.

Edited by Buce
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Blur said:

 

I would have thought two days window (24th/25th or even three days for 24th-26th) and mix of two households  would be more sensible if the government really want to go down that route.

The "two households" rule has been a bit of a bugbear all along with the "bubble" rules.  It means that if Mr Smith and Miss Jones live together and both have elderly parents, then one set of elderly parents can be treated with all care and attention while the other elderly parents must be totally shunned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingleicester said:

Utter embarrassment coming from Leicester this is, most places cases are going down, let’s go to Leicester we’re there actually rising wtf is up with the twats

Actually most of Leicestershire is going up as well as many other parts of the country.  Even though I have followed the rules, I think they are a joke, people blaming others for not following rather than the rules themselves.

 

Its funny how the numbers went down in summer when education was closed, were people suddenly behaving themselves then? or was it dare I say it because the main spread vectors were closed off.  Leicester also has 2 universities, and is one of the poorest cities in the country, there is links between level of poverty and spread rates, we have horrific housing shortages as well as a heavy amount of on site jobs.

 

Ultimately the issue with Leicester (and other areas with similar struggles) is failed policies.  The government's plan simply hasnt worked here.  All i hear from them is they want to go to more of the same on 2 dec.  Still waiting for them to do what is needed, which is hard enforcement on business's that dont comply, and to sort out the spread in education.  Instead of nonsense about someone popping round for a cup of coffee to a friend/family house.

 

If you think I am talking nonsense I am using scientific data, that data based on months of data collecting shows where the spread vectors are.

 

Early on the government was following the science albeit acting very late but at least following.

Now they ignoring it more, because they want to stay popular with the voters, and the policies since July have been aweful.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m confused now. This suggests otherwise. I did see the tweet by LCC saying cases are on the rise which is why I am confused! 

AB8FD1FF-439A-4D20-B093-DD77458F54DD.jpeg

3C5A2540-7C3C-4A98-A570-D178CEC7E4D5.jpeg

 

Hopefully this is sustained, 4 days of data is nothing to see momentum. 

 

The problem is, I can see national lockdown been lifted on 2 dec which is way too early, and then compliance will plummet back under local lockdown rules.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

That would be stupid, it is the uk way historically to only treat the extreme only though, but hopefully they see sense and at the very least offer it to anyone who wants it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

That would be stupid, it is the uk way historically to only treat the extreme only though, but hopefully they see sense and at the very least offer it to anyone who wants it.

It does say as an interim guide though, in a years time i'd expect everyone to have been vaccinated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I presume anyone under 50 who is deemed vulnerable will get the vaccine?

Yes; I think that’s been confirmed.


I don’t think it’s been confirmed what’ll happen to non-vulnerable people aged 18-50, and I wouldn’t stake any money on it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually the Oxford vaccine was rolled out to everyone in that category who wants it given its apparent (relative) ease of logistics and the lingering threat of Long Covid.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Yes; I think that’s been confirmed.


I don’t think it’s been confirmed what’ll happen to non-vulnerable people aged 18-50, and I wouldn’t stake any money on it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually the Oxford vaccine was rolled out to everyone in that category who wants it given its apparent (relative) ease of logistics and the lingering threat of Long Covid.

Yeah I was thinking the long covid threat in the healthy is surely a reason to vaccinate as many people as possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Actually most of Leicestershire is going up as well as many other parts of the country.  Even though I have followed the rules, I think they are a joke, people blaming others for not following rather than the rules themselves.

 

Its funny how the numbers went down in summer when education was closed, were people suddenly behaving themselves then? or was it dare I say it because the main spread vectors were closed off.  Leicester also has 2 universities, and is one of the poorest cities in the country, there is links between level of poverty and spread rates, we have horrific housing shortages as well as a heavy amount of on site jobs.

 

Ultimately the issue with Leicester (and other areas with similar struggles) is failed policies.  The government's plan simply hasnt worked here.  All i hear from them is they want to go to more of the same on 2 dec.  Still waiting for them to do what is needed, which is hard enforcement on business's that dont comply, and to sort out the spread in education.  Instead of nonsense about someone popping round for a cup of coffee to a friend/family house.

 

If you think I am talking nonsense I am using scientific data, that data based on months of data collecting shows where the spread vectors are.

 

Early on the government was following the science albeit acting very late but at least following.

Now they ignoring it more, because they want to stay popular with the voters, and the policies since July have been aweful.

Good post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buce said:

I made no such demand. But don't expect me clap as they get rich and the poorer nations go without.

I would hope to see future decisions based on a sense of altruism and mutual benefit, but I expect that concept is beyond your comprehension.

No need for that mate, I am not stupid, just realistic.  Big Pharma have never and will never make major investment decision on the basis of altruism.  Nor should they really, that is not their job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

No need for that mate, I am not stupid, just realistic.  Big Pharma have never and will never make major investment decision on the basis of altruism.  Nor should they really, that is not their job.

 

You're right, I apologise.

 

It just irked me that you think they deserve the same level of respect we gave to frontline workers.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...