filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

43 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

London being placed into Tier 2 because their economy needs a boost, yet the rest of the country won't be afforded that generosity.

When London is riddled with covid and at its peak the whole country gets locked down, when London is off it's peak and other areas are peaking we suddenly get these tier systems where London gets preferential treatment. It's a complete joke, it's no coincidence that it's the city the people making the decisions work and live in!

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

London being placed into Tier 2 because their economy needs a boost, yet the rest of the country won't be afforded that generosity.

No surprise to me London isn't tier 3.

Edited by Fox92
14 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

So being in tier 3 does that mean my brother isn't allowed to visit my house to watch the footie? 

Cba wading through the bullshit these days, if someone doesn't mind answering I'd appreciate it. Ta. 

Guidance for tier 3 is 'no household mixing indoors or outdoors' 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Leicester City & Leicestershire on Tier 3.

They get the army in Liverpool to ensure it goes to a lower tier - didn’t do feck all in Leicester and probably won’t do.

I live in very rural Lincolnshire with a really low rate and I’m in a higher tier than London. Fecking ridiculous.

• Like 1

https://www.centreforcities.org/data/coronavirus-cases-uk-cities-large-towns/

This is an up to date list of covid rates, it seems anyone with an infection rate of over 200 per 100,000 is highest level although it's not quite as clear cut as that Warrington is middle tier.

This gives an indicator of where Leicester ranks in the covid league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

So being in tier 3 does that mean my brother isn't allowed to visit my house to watch the footie? 

Cba wading through the bullshit these days, if someone doesn't mind answering I'd appreciate it. Ta. 

If one of you lives alone and doesn’t mix with anyone else then you can class as a support bubble and effectively make up one household between you.

If you’re both in multi-person households or another bubble, he’ll have to watch through the window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Guidance for tier 3 is 'no household mixing indoors or outdoors' 

Im sure that’s changed slightly to no household mixing indoors and most outdoor settings. I think you can meet one other person in a public park for example, but not outdoors in a private garden. 

@Innovindil I think it’s only Tier 1 that allows others inside your home. 

• Thanks 1

Surely everyone knows household will still mix? Regardless of tiers and rules. I think those in charge use the no household mixing as a way of discourages big house parties and gatherings, completing understanding that families will meet each other on a small basis. Allowing shops to open makes a mockery of all other rules, and if it wasn't Christmas they wouldn't be opening. Too important to the economy to not have them open this time of year. Sacrificed hospitality. 

• Like 1