filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

London being placed into Tier 2 because their economy needs a boost, yet the rest of the country won't be afforded that generosity.

I really question the idiots at times. London is dead in midst of December. Everyone fcuks off home (can see Cornwall with its T1 going through the roof at Xmas). If the r rate is increasing there, get it locked down before those people return home for Christmas 

52 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I do agree with what you're both saying and yes you are right regarding how it spreads, but the numbers somebody posted earlier in the thread showed that supermarkets were the biggest spreader of COVID, followed by both primary and secondary schools. They are all essential though, whereas meeting friends isn't, I suppose that's the difference.

The shops will be absolute chaos too, imagine how many thousands of people are going to descend upon them. Get your shopping done online if possible, much easier.

Isn't that to be expected though? Schools are self explanatory I hope, whereas supermarkets are the one place everyone physically has to go to keep their kitchen stocked up, so it gets visited by more people than anywhere else, so of course we get more cases from them, but I'm not sure we can conclude that supermarkets are inherently more dangerous than other place where you can't help being fairly close to people...  But yes, if something's essential then the risk is less of a factor in the decision making for restrictions on it than for non-essential practices.

Even the guy delivering our groceries yesterday from Tesco hadn't got a mask and made no attempt to keep 2m away from me when I opened the front door. Compare that with the guys delivering from Amazon. They all seem to be masked up and keep as far away from their customers as possible.

14 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Isn't that to be expected though? Schools are self explanatory I hope, whereas supermarkets are the one place everyone physically has to go to keep their kitchen stocked up, so it gets visited by more people than anywhere else, so of course we get more cases from them, but I'm not sure we can conclude that supermarkets are inherently more dangerous than other place where you can't help being fairly close to people...  But yes, if something's essential then the risk is less of a factor in the decision making for restrictions on it than for non-essential practices.

But it’s not even that. It’s impossible to ascertain where cases are arising at a population level (you could map out for individuals with a lot of time and effort). So all we can do is see where people have been in whatever time period and of course, as you say, because a large number go to a supermarket at least once in that period, that will be recorded. Even if not a single infection occurs in a supermarket, the data would show newly infected people have been to the supermarket in the relevant time period. 

37 minutes ago, FLAN said:

No hope for this city when so many of its population are point blank refusing to do their bit and wear a mask in public. They’ll probably be the same people cursing pubs staying closed 

Deaths have been increasing despite pubs being closed. Don't think people and pubs were the problem.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I live in very rural Lincolnshire with a really low rate and I’m in a higher tier than London. Fecking ridiculous.

Yeah me too, it's an absolute crock of shit.

• Like 2

Can't be many counties who have jumped from tier 1 to tier 3, we just don't know what's possible or impossible in the eyes of mankind. CHAMPIONS OF COVID YOU MADE US SIGN THAT.

This is us in tier 3 until spring I reckon, I don't see how the city if Leicester and the surrounding areas at least, getting thst much better and I can't see the fringe areas that aren't as bad being separated like they previously were so we are all fcuked in that regard. Brilliant. 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Deaths have been increasing despite pubs being closed. Don't think people and pubs were the problem.

Well the landlady and fair few of the regulars at my local tested positive just before they were locked down it was starting to spread 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

You must be able to see an epidemiological difference between sitting maskless in a closed environment and walking around an airy shopping centre with your mask on?

Well airy these shopping centres. 

IMG_20201126_143506.jpg

1 minute ago, adam said:

IMG_20201126_143506.jpg

Exactly, covid isn't just spreading through eating and drinking inside. Xmas shopping will be far worse of a spreader than restaurants and possibly pubs, I just don't see how they can control it, will be heinous.

11 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Well the landlady and fair few of the regulars at my local tested positive just before they were locked down it was starting to spread 

Minds well close everything then. They'll be closer contact in shopping centres and on public transport.

I think it's more than "people not wearing masks".

Edited by Fox92
8 minutes ago, adam said:

IMG_20201126_143506.jpg

Being busy doesn't stop it being airy, can you not see the big high ceilings, no, that's because the are out of shot. If everyone in there has a mask on is moving about and there is reasonable air circulation then you will be very unlikely to get covid.

If you don't wear a mask and stand still having long conversations with people you increase your chances massively.

Go to the shops, wear a mask, get in, get out, don't dawdle or chat with shop assistants or browse every range, basically shop like men and we'll all be fine.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Absolutely grim. Couldn’t blame the independent pubs/restaurants for sacking these rules off and just opening, they’re being left to die with this. 

Sadly they'll just end up with a massive 10k fine and/or end up with a suspended jail sentence, it's just not worth it.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
1 hour ago, FLAN said:

No hope for this city when so many of its population are point blank refusing to do their bit and wear a mask in public. They’ll probably be the same people cursing pubs staying closed 

But Peter from ibstock said it’s all a myth, it said so on the internet!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Absolutely grim. Couldn’t blame the independent pubs/restaurants for sacking these rules off and just opening, they’re being left to die with this. 

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Sadly they'll just end up with a massive 10k fine and/or end up with a suspended jail sentence, it's just not worth it.

What they could do (if Tier 2), is serve a meal with the alcohol. £1 for some chips that will be left on the side for 6 hours:whistle:

15 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Leicester has never really come out of lockdown. And rates haven't really improved. It isn't working 

It was working at the back end of August when we got it down to 25 per 100,000 people.

They took the handbrake off certain things, which coincided with Schools and Uni’s going back, then over the past three months it’s sky rocketed again.

Since this new second national lockdown though, cases in Leicester over the past week have began to drop, our rate few weeks ago was 530 per 100,000 at one point, most recent number on the Council website says it’s gone down to 350 per 100,000.

How long do you leave it before you take the handbrake off again? We made great progress in August, data clearly shows that, yet you open certain things back up again, especially Schools and Uni’s, then unsurprisingly kaboom, the rate gets out of control again.

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Of course not.  Nothing is essential to life except eating and sleeping.  If all you do is sit in a darkened room concentrating on breathing, you should live longer.  And if you don't, it will seem longer.

Life was made to be lived, not to be survived.  God help us all if these vaccines don't work or if the government somehow realises they haven't abolished death after all.

Agree with you mate, I'm just saying the Governments line and how they'll justify it.

Zero chance of things getting better anytime soon, people have had enough now, compliance will be at its lowest and it's winter too.

I think they should have kept the national lockdown in place for another 2 weeks. We are now seeing cases declining and deaths rising which is due to timings and i think we've seen the peak of new cases yet are only half way through the death toll for this current wave. Another 2 weeks and the death toll will be past it's peak. The figures for Liverpool are bound to have fallen as well because they're probably running out of people to test, but moving that area, and London, to a tier 2 is just going to kick start it all again. What they need to do is put a safety net around those places to prevent people going in or out else it's just going to spread again.

38 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Being busy doesn't stop it being airy, can you not see the big high ceilings, no, that's because the are out of shot. If everyone in there has a mask on is moving about and there is reasonable air circulation then you will be very unlikely to get covid.

If you don't wear a mask and stand still having long conversations with people you increase your chances massively.

Go to the shops, wear a mask, get in, get out, don't dawdle or chat with shop assistants or browse every range, basically shop like men and we'll all be fine.

I have Shopped like a man for years.....I send my wife...shes a good girl..!!

• Haha 4