filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think it's pretty obvious another lockdown is coming, hence the 'new strain' bollocks they've been spouting for the past few days. There's over 200 (I think that's the correct number) strains of COVID, a virus has to adapt and change in order to survive.

seen some stuff that this strain isn’t unique to se england ......it’s in other parts of the work also. But it spreads more quickly ....... the virus does mutate to spread as efficiently as possible.  Maybe it will be less effective aswell and cause less serious illness ? 

they haven’t made it up .... I agree it looks a bit contrived since Hancock mentioned it on Monday ......... but whilst creating it to frighten the population into being more careful is more than feasible, locking down the capital wouldn’t have been on their agenda. the way cases are increasing so quickly down here at the moment says that people are either not being very careful or this new strain is real 

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

London to go into tier 4. Seems dodgy how they were allowed to be in tier 2 in the first place. 

Tier 2 to Tier 4 in a matter of dayslol

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

seen some stuff that this strain isn’t unique to se england ......it’s in other parts of the work also. But it spreads more quickly ....... the virus does mutate to spread as efficiently as possible.  Maybe it will be less effective aswell and cause less serious illness ? 

they haven’t made it up .... I agree it looks a bit contrived since Hancock mentioned it on Monday ......... but whilst creating it to frighten the population into being more careful is more than feasible, locking down the capital wouldn’t have been on their agenda. the way cases are increasing so quickly down here at the moment says that people are either not being very careful or this new strain is real 

Maybe bollocks wasn't the correct word. There is likely to be new strains, there has been probably every week or two since this started back in March. It's just highly convinient that it's now being mentioned as a means to justify lockdown us down again, why wasn't any of the other new strains worrying us a couple of months back?

Maybe I'm just being me again, but IMO it's going to be used as a means for them to backtrack on their Christmas mixing rules and also justify another lockdown in January.

23 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

London to go into tier 4. Seems dodgy how they were allowed to be in tier 2 in the first place. 

Will people listen though?

If they already have plans they'll probably just go ahead with them and take the risks. 

People in my own wider family are thinking of going here and there much to the annoyance of my mum.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Maybe bollocks wasn't the correct word. There is likely to be new strains, there has been probably every week or two since this started back in March. It's just highly convinient that it's now being mentioned as a means to justify lockdown us down again, why wasn't any of the other new strains worrying us a couple of months back?

Maybe I'm just being me again, but IMO it's going to be used as a means for them to backtrack on their Christmas mixing rules and also justify another lockdown in January.

Of course it is. New Tier 4 and reducing Xmas mixing to just Xmas day for everyone else + leaking to the press before the press conference... Again. 

Cracks me up really and was it only 3 days ago that Bojo the imbecile was accusing Starmer of wanting to cancel Xmas at PMQs.  Amazing 

And still a huge percentage of the muppets who voted for this lazy charlatan will lap up everything he spews.. 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

if they’ve reported the new strain to WHO  as being 50% more transmissible then they aren’t making it up -  and no way would they cancel Xmas in London/southeast  unless they felt they had no choice ..... 

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There is likely to be new strains, there has been probably every week or two since this started back in March. It's just highly convinient that it's now being mentioned as a means to justify lockdown us down again, why wasn't any of the other new strains worrying us a couple of months back?

I'm thinking along the exact same lines. Hell I thought I was cynical before all this covid shite kicked off!! Definite 3rd lockdown incoming in January. Schools will be kept open though. Be crazy to shut them down...

3 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I'm thinking along the exact same lines. Hell I thought I was cynical before all this covid shite kicked off!! Definite 3rd lockdown incoming in January. Schools will be kept open though. Be crazy to shut them down...

I don't believe I've ever thought like this before, people on here can testify that I've always been a supporter of this Government ever since I voted for them and I've been willing to let a lot of stuff go, but over the last few months I've become cynical, I have absolutely zero trust in anything they do!

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You have a lot more faith in these people than me. It wasn't that long ago they were using made up graphs and figures to justify other restrictions. As someone above me says, only a few days ago Boris was saying Christmas definitely wouldn't be cancelledlol Everyday they amaze me more and more with how totally out of their depth they are, not just with COVID (because every Government in the world would be), but with just general issues.

God, I'm sounding more and more like Stan, Facecloth and Buce everyday:nono:

Embrace it mate, don't be embarrassed. Come over from the dark side :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You have a lot more faith in these people than me. It wasn't that long ago they were using made up graphs and figures to justify other restrictions. As someone above me says, only a few days ago Boris was saying Christmas definitely wouldn't be cancelledlol Everyday they amaze me more and more with how totally out of their depth they are, not just with COVID (because every Government in the world would be), but with just general issues.

Not all of them, but yeah, this is broadly true.

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s ok there’s time. You can still be saved.

• Haha 1

This is all happening to late for me. Could have done with this banning Xmas shit a few weeks back when the clowns were bigging up the Xmas freedom will happen.  I’m committed now to a day I dread with the extended family talking bollox and eating nuts all day. At least I’ve got Boxing Day on my sofa to look forward to. 

I'm proper pissed off at this.

YET AGAIN those who have broken the rules will continue to do whatever the fvck they want and YET AGAIN those who have been playing by the rules get punished with these tier 4 restrictions.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Well, the app isn’t going to know that you’re wearing a mask in a shop and you’ve applied anti bac to your hands. It really is just done on Bluetooth connections and location data isn’t it?

That's my issue, the app doesn't give you the ability to find out where it detected contact with the virus. If it had said the kid next door, I wouldn't have had to isolate.