filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

10 hours ago, Fktf said:

Some of you still need to move away from the idea that death rate is the main driver of restrictions. 

Can you mention this to Talk Radioūüė©Worth remembering that right at the beginning of all this,one of the governments main fears was having 20% of the workforce all off sick,all at the same time.

22 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

The provincial  Ontario government over here is expected to announce a lockdown today starting 1201am december 24th. Woooo fantastic birthday present. I mean i've always been fvcked because of the date of my birthday (same applies to those born in, on, around xmas) but thanks for reminding me of how crap it is lol. I am sure this will lead to mass panic now. Thank goodness i got bog roll to get me through  two weeks. Who wants to use the desi style empty plastic coke bottle  filled with water method?

All lame jokes aside, if you want to help with cutting down the numbers then wouldn't lockdown before xmas make sense so people dont get together? Sure it won't be popular at all but whats the end goal here? Containment?

Interesting times, hope you are all safe and well.

16 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Premier of Ontario on TV here now.

To sum it up:

"We're fuch'd!"

"Have a Merry Christmas!"

Wow that takes some doing the levels of Boris’s incompetence has not only spread over the North Sea but now the Atlantic Ocean he’s fec’ing up the whole world.

Actually, it was the Chinese who fecked up the world, not our PM. Another name for the UK variant is N501Y, whilst in South Africa, another variant called 501.V2 was identified only last week. This is more virulent and contains a higher viral load, making even young people very ill. Basically, the sooner we all get the vaccine, the better. Meanwhile, President Bolsonaro of Brazil reckons that Covid-19 turns people into crocodiles, which is on a par for sheer lunacy as claiming that the vaccine is micro-chipped!

24 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Actually, it was the Chinese who fecked up the world, not our PM. Another name for the UK variant is N501Y, whilst in South Africa, another variant called 501.V2 was identified only last week. This is more virulent and contains a higher viral load, making even young people very ill. Basically, the sooner we all get the vaccine, the better. Meanwhile, President Bolsonaro of Brazil reckons that Covid-19 turns people into crocodiles, which is on a par for sheer lunacy as claiming that the vaccine is micro-chipped!

This has been pointed out before, but brutal authoritarian arses they may be the Chinese government has nothing to do with the general incompetence of policy decisions taken in countries once the virus hit their shores. To choose a metaphor, when a fire starts and spreads wildly you blame the arsonists first (though the way this started was accidental, not malicious) but if the fire service then allows the blaze to go out of control when *it could have been contained better* (and that's the important part) then they're going to cop some blame, too.

Definitely agree on Senhor Bolsanaro being a sociopathic fruitloop, though.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Wow that takes some doing the levels of Boris’s incompetence has not only spread over the North Sea but now the Atlantic Ocean he’s fec’ing up the whole world.

Maybe it’s just not very easy running a country during a pandemic.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

You can't avoid lockdown by closing all the schools and banning people from leaving home.  :unsure:

I'm not suggesting you can, merely the trajectory we are on is leading to an inevitable lockdown and these things don't help that trajectory just make it more likely worse.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

https://twitter.com/leicspolice/status/1341280561088884736

Leicestershire Police "interrupting" a party of 60. 

Surprise surprise. Theres a reason why Leicester will not be coming out of any sort of restriction any time soon but the cucks on here and in the government are too shit scared to say anything.

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

You're right, Boris is above reproach and has done nothing to make matters worse for this country.  There are no examples on this planet of a country's government taking unpopular measures and being willing to be accused of overreacting for the benefit of now being able to resume normal life while other nations that weren't as proactive continue to flounder under their uninspiring leaders.  None at all.  Not a thing.  Nope.   Keep those eyes wide shut fella.

3 hours ago, String fellow said:

Get in the bin fella.  Everyone had the chance to see what was happening and take action.  Few chose to take it.

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I don't like the colour naming system for the stages here.

We went from orange, to red and now to grey. 

I would have preferred a fuscia or possibly a lavender in there somewhere, for the transitions.

:ph34r:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

I don't like the colour naming system for the stages here.

We went from orange, to red and now to grey. 

I would have preferred a fuscia or possibly a lavender in there somewhere, for the transitions.

Should be turd coloured

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

We will all be in tier 4 come the new year - if not before Christmas! 

Nothing further will come in before Xmas, no chance. Too close to it now. I know they made snap changes at the weekend after only just changing tier systems, but any changes now come in for Boxing Day or NYD onwards. 

39 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You're right, Boris is above reproach and has done nothing to make matters worse for this country.  There are no examples on this planet of a country's government taking unpopular measures and being willing to be accused of overreacting for the benefit of now being able to resume normal life while other nations that weren't as proactive continue to flounder under their uninspiring leaders.  None at all.  Not a thing.  Nope.   Keep those eyes wide shut fella.

The eyes are fully open my friend my comment also makes no suggestion Boris is above reproach but simply that either the world is lead by perceived buffoons or that there’s more to eradicating a virus plagued by many variables.

Name me a country that has fully beaten this, please say South Korea or Oz or NZ please then give it a few hours and then start reading reports of cases climbing as it’s happening make no mistake which will probably effect their Christmas’s soon if not already.

For all the bad press the UKs emergency task team gets on its handling and communication its the UK that is the most open in the entire world, your kidding yourself if death numbers are correct the world over already touched on many times about how deaths are reported.

UK is now being treated like a leper with the new ‚ÄėUK‚Äô strain¬†as its being called, again you honestly believe this isn‚Äôt all over the world already and that ground zero for the mutation was a sleepy hamlet in Kent if so, I think¬†someone else‚Äôs¬†eyes are shut.¬†

Despite many on here scoffing every time Boris mentions the UKs world leading scientific team, it’s them that has identified this strain and then our Government sharing this information to the world to be aware of it, despite the immediate negative responses they knew they would receive.

A German expert was praising the UK earlier for finding this strain stating every country would be foolish to think it’s not on their soil already, we are leading experts in this field and WHO will be working closely with our teams on how to navigate the next few weeks.

You don’t think Boris has listened to these experts?

• Like 1