filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

Two women have described how they were surrounded by police, read their rights and fined £200 each after driving five miles to take a walk.

The women were also told the hot drinks they had brought along were not allowed as they were "classed as a picnic".

Guidance for the current lockdown says people can travel for exercise as long as it is in their "local area".

The police force involved, Derbyshire Police, said driving for exercise was "not in the spirit" of lockdown.

One of the would-be walkers, Jessica Allen, assumed "someone had been murdered" when she arrived at Foremark Reservoir on Wednesday afternoon.

Hang on, i saw 2 coppers on Mcdonalds car park having a cup of coffee and a chat yesterday, i'll take a photo if i see them again. Name and shame.

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

Two women have described how they were surrounded by police, read their rights and fined £200 each after driving five miles to take a walk.

The women were also told the hot drinks they had brought along were not allowed as they were "classed as a picnic".

Guidance for the current lockdown says people can travel for exercise as long as it is in their "local area".

The police force involved, Derbyshire Police, said driving for exercise was "not in the spirit" of lockdown.

One of the would-be walkers, Jessica Allen, assumed "someone had been murdered" when she arrived at Foremark Reservoir on Wednesday afternoon.

I went to school with 1 of them and I’m not in the slightest bit surprised at how overly dramatic that article is 

• Haha 3
19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Course they will try to disprove it because they are blinded by the fact that in normal times we don't need tons of beds because of advances in recovery times and medicine, being able to stay at home and recover from operations, key hole surgery techniques that allow people to return home almost straight after an operation, so many more people being able to attend outpatient clinics,  the list is endless when it comes to home recovery. But the problem has come because either no one asked, or no one would listen, to the question of what happens in the event of a global pandemic, or a nuclear tragedy or whatever event that would require the need for real hospital beds to over come it. Now the answer was either, it'll never happen so we don't need them or, that money could be spent in other areas (and i can skim of a bit for my expenses and second house in the cotswolds) and we'll suck it and see in the event of a pandemic, either way, it wasn't me or you that put pressure on NHS, and that means our, national resources it was and is the government, and previous governments, that are to blame and should be held responsible. ****in w*nkers. 

Again absolutely correct. 

Two questions should be asked by a government before all else in my opinion.... 

Can our medical infrastructure cope with a national crises?

Can our police and army cope with a national crises? 

One is clearly a no, and I don't think the second would be any different. The health and well being and the safety and security of your people should never be compromised. And it has.  

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

They look a little high maintenance don't let the fec'ing TLC channel see this or they'll be making "The Real Housewives of Ashby-de-la-Zouch" next.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I think what I mean is in areas where we are densely populated like cities for example. I think that this virus has definitely spread quicker in these densely populated areas, just because the potential for human contact is inevitable rather than a possibility. A lot of modern cities are like this, and this is where the vast majority of countries/states populations are. I just think if a more potent virus was to develop, in these areas it would be potentially devastating. It's not the main problem no, but I feel it is one of the reasons this virus has spread so aggressively is due to those heavy condensed areas? 

Thank you for the clarification.

Coronavirus: 'Major incident' declared in London by Sadiq Khan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55588163

The spread of Covid in London is "out of control" according to Sadiq Khan, who has declared a "major incident".

It comes as the coronavirus infection rate in London has exceeded 1,000 per 100,000 people.

Major incidents have previously been called for the Grenfell Tower fire in June 2017 and the terror attacks at Westminster Bridge and London Bridge.

Currently, there are more than 7,000 people in hospital with Covid-19, the mayor said.

A major incident is defined as an event or situation with a range of serious consequences which requires special arrangements to be implemented by one or more emergency responder agency.

This is a 35% increase compared to the previous peak of the pandemic, Mr Khan added.

He said the London Ambulance Service was currently taking up to 8,000 emergency calls a day, compared to 5,500 on a typical busy day.

It comes after the London Fire Brigade said more than 100 firefighters had been drafted in to drive ambulances to help cope with the demand.

Mr Khan warned that London was "at crisis point".

"If we do not take immediate action now, our NHS could be overwhelmed and more people will die.

"Londoners continue to make huge sacrifices and I am today imploring them to please stay at home unless it is absolutely necessary for you to leave. Stay at home to protect yourself, your family, friends and other Londoners and to protect our NHS."

Mr Khan has written to Prime Minister Boris Johnson asking for more financial support for Londoners who need to self-isolate and unable to work, and for daily vaccination data.

He is also asking for the closure of places of worship and for face masks to be worn routinely outside of the home, including in crowded places and supermarket queues.

eorgia Gould, chair of London Councils, described London's rising coronavirus rate as "dangerous".

She added: "One in 30 Londoners now has Covid. This is why public services across London are urging all Londoners to please stay at home except for absolutely essential shopping and exercise.

"This is a dark and difficult time for our city but there is light at end of the tunnel with the vaccine rollout. We are asking Londoners to come together one last time to stop the spread - lives really do depend on it."

Edited by Buce

How gutted would you be if the missus was preparing a lovely picnic and when you finish your walk with the suspiciously light picnic basket and have found a lovely spot to enjoy lunch (prior obviously to abandoning it 20 seconds letter when attacked by wasps and dogs) you open your basket to find 2 large flasks of peppermint tea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

Just the BBC using sorts to keep people clicking.

It was a fit student yesterday complaining about the fees causing anxiety during the pandemic and no doubt it'll be some other sort tomorrow about something along the lines of rent issues. 

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

What worries me more is that these pair felt the need to run off to the media for a new story. 

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What worries me more is that these pair felt the need to run off to the media for a new story. 

They're obviously trying to get out of paying for it, although coppers lying in ambush at foremark res. is a bit ott. Hope there's none down at the burbage common doggin society tonight! 

11 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They're obviously trying to get out of paying for it, although coppers lying in ambush at foremark res. is a bit ott. Hope there's none down at the burbage common doggin society tonight! 

If what they say happened is the truth you can understand their annoyance and if those were the facts they win in Court reading what the legal expert says. Whether their version is correct is far from certain and we may never know. 

5 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

If what they say happened is the truth you can understand their annoyance and if those were the facts they win in Court reading what the legal expert says. Whether their version is correct is far from certain and we may never know. 

The most annoying thing is that Cummings was judged to have broken no rules but these ladies have.

One rule for one another for the general public.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

But just be sure to remember it was you hugging your gran that caused this, not the criminal underfunding of the health service for the last decade, or quashing the nurses bursary. It was you, you monster who had the audacity to hug your gran on Christmas day. 

To be fair both are valid!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously ????

This is gross abuse of authority by the police and should be called out. Have the police not got better priorities than this?

When the lockdown was announced on Monday I also noticed the ambiguity of the little phrase 'local area'. Local area could mean 'parish', district council or county boundary or even something else. The well-paid civil servants who draw up this stuff really ought to be able to frame a regulation which is simple and unambiguous and if they don't some of our 650 MPs ought to be smart enough to sniff out inconsistencies and come up with something better. The regulations are actually the law and the law in England does not recognise the principle of 'not in the spirit'.

I have already written to my MP asking if he would get clarification from the government of which he is a member and will happily share his response in the public interest. 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

But just be sure to remember it was you hugging your gran that caused this, not the criminal underfunding of the health service for the last decade, or quashing the nurses bursary. It was you, you monster who had the audacity to hug your gran on Christmas day. 

With all the funding in the world many people would still not survive this unfortunately.