filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why so much hot air? 

Who's being negative about the vaccine? 

Negativity in general Stan. Read the thread. 
You can see it watching the announcement just now. 
No mention from the media about the great work being done with the vaccination programme. Instead we got journo’s bleating on about the rules re walking in the park

Its a very British disease. Negativity, questioning, glass half empty.

Edited by Col city fan
1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Look past Hancock. The important thing here is that people are being vaccinated as quickly as we can.

Absolutely Col, and it's great news how we seem to be ahead of many in bringing an end to this. 

My issue (although barely relevant) is how poorly Hancock is able to get through one of these and how poorly prepared many of them have felt at a time when most want assurance and a confident voice. 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Fookin Hell, that’s a real slap in the face figure

There are more people in hospital now, in the SW of the country, than in the WHOLE country last September!

😳

That's because all the Londoners with second homes in the south west did a runner there when they had the chance.

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Coronavirus: Morrisons to ban shoppers who refuse to wear face masks https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55618408

I was just wondering what actually are people who claim to be exempt from wearing a mask suffering from? I mean you can still breathe wearing one and if you still struggle they have those face shield things. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Aren’t the vaccination figures THE most important thing? It’s our only way out

Of course they are but I'd guess the vast majority on here are in the lower priority bands so we've still got plenty of time to wait and harsher restrictions aren't going to improve people's outlook.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hancock is by far the most patronising **** in politics and jesus there are many of them.

I hope when all this is under control and most of us are vaccinated the likes of Hancock and Whitty disappear from public view. You hear their name and instantly think bad news is coming.

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I was just wondering what actually are people who claim to be exempt from wearing a mask suffering from? I mean you can still breathe wearing one and if you still struggle they have those face shield things. 

Not sure, Stupidity I think. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I think if you do struggle to breathe by wearing one, you really shouldn't be walking round a supermarket in the first place, cos there's a good chance you're gonna keel over anyway.

Just now, Corky said:

I hope when all this is under control and most of us are vaccinated the likes of Hancock and Whitty disappear from public view. You hear their name and instantly think bad news is coming.

I think it’s unfair to put them in the same bucket. Whitty seems to be a man of honour and integrity doing his best in very difficult circumstances.

The less said about Hancock the better. 

• Like 1

I'd giving up watching these but did catch this one: got fed up with particularly with the journalists and their pathetic questioning. its obvious that the infrastructure is going to be there to deliver the vaccines. The issue is the supply of the vaccine which will decide how quickly it goes ahead. Did anyone ask the question of what was happening on the supply side. Did they f**k. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I think it’s unfair to put them in the same bucket. Whitty seems to be a man of honour and integrity doing his best in very difficult circumstances.

The less said about Hancock the better. 

Yeah, it was harsh, I meant more that if Whitty isn't required to speak we're doing well enough.

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

There have been plenty of examples in this thread already, I'm not going to dig them up but we've heard many reasons given for being happy going out in the midst of the pandemic, but seemingly unable to wear a mask 

4 minutes ago, January47 said:

I'd giving up watching these but did catch this one: got fed up with particularly with the journalists and their pathetic questioning. its obvious that the infrastructure is going to be there to deliver the vaccines. The issue is the supply of the vaccine which will decide how quickly it goes ahead. Did anyone ask the question of what was happening on the supply side. Did they f**k. 

Bang on

The journo’s questions were so predictable and boring as fook. The question of supply was the most important question today and as you say, it wasn’t asked 

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

There have been plenty of examples in this thread already, I'm not going to dig them up but we've heard many reasons given for being happy going out in the midst of the pandemic, but seemingly unable to wear a mask 

I know but I’m interested in what they are.

26 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

It's honestly like somebody has dragged him off the street, put an arm around him and said "just do the best you can" 

I assumed they had an autocue ready and waiting but I'm guessing not given the clusterfvck that comes out of his mouth. 

The Aidy Boothroyd of the cabinet 

• Haha 1