298,087 first doses.

2475 second doses.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

*yesterday

8 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Slightly lower than 14th/15th.

Less weekend capacity?

Or supply problems?

A good number I guess but was hoping to see the daily numbers increasing exponentially, they seem to be stagnating now.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I would guess (only a pure guess I have no knowledge) that certain places like Asda will do a lower amount of vaccines due to the Sunday trade opening hours. Additionally, maybe not all the GPs are open, so again lower numbers. Hopefully they'll be using Sundays as a day to transport all the vaccines needed for the week ahead.

I think we'll have higher numbers tomorrow, I reckon 350k+.

Very good number but I wonder if the adverse weather has played a part in it...

1 minute ago, Stivo said:

Tomorrow’s figure will be for today (Sunday) so I would expect it to be lower.

Yeah edited my original post slip of the brain I forget they were a day ahead.

350k+ should be announced on Tuesday then, and from then on we should be ahead of the curve hopefully.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ten-more-covid-vaccine-super-23332676

'NHS England has announced that 10 more Covid vaccine super-hubs are opening this week in addition to the seven already operational, as the rollout of the jab gathers pace'

Expect the numbers to massively jump up on Tuesday then. Hopefully 500k+ by the end of the week:fc:

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The Army are setting up 10 vaccine hubs in Scotland as their rollout has been too slow so far. 

Genuinely excited to see what numbers we can hit by the end of this week. 

Over 70s beginning their vaccinations in some areas. 

I imagine that likely includes mine. Small town and my grandparents both had their second jab by the first week of January. Nice to have some positive news for Corona for once! 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah it's really refreshing to have a clear route out of the whole thing. I think the government know that a quick vaccine roll out is the only chance they have to save face after the absolute clusterfvck of the last 10 months, and they're throwing everything at it. 

It's their shot at redemption. They know that if they get this vaccine rolled out pretty much before the rest of the world and we see a significant reduction in hospital admissions and deaths, the public will mostly forget or overlook the shambolic way that they have handled other aspects of the pandemic.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's their shot at redemption. They know that if they get this vaccine rolled out pretty much before the rest of the world and we see a significant reduction in hospital admissions and deaths, the public will mostly forget or overlook the shambolic way that they have handled other aspects of the pandemic.

Yeah absolutely, get every adult vaccinated by the summer and they'll never let us forget it.

36 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah it's really refreshing to have a clear route out of the whole thing. I think the government know that a quick vaccine roll out is the only chance they have to save face after the absolute clusterfvck of the last 10 months, and they're throwing everything at it. 

Just a shame the public aren’t going to be held to account in the same way isnt it?

The government have dropped some right clangers but if you are putting the sole blame for this mess squarely at their feet, you’re miles off

The catalogue of errors made by ‘the people’ during this pandemic should never be forgotten.

39 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fascinating how you’ll even turn this incredible effort into a negative isnt it

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Just a shame the public aren’t going to be held to account in the same way isnt it?

The government have dropped some right clangers but if you are putting the sole blame for this mess squarely at their feet, you’re miles off

The catalogue of errors made by ‘the people’ during this pandemic should never be forgotten.

Oh absolutely. But by the same measure the public should be praised for a good level of uptake of the vaccine so far, compared to say, France. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Personally I'd allocate 70% of the blame to the government and 30% to the public. 

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Personally I'd allocate 70% of the blame to the government and 30% to the public. 

Seems like the governments agenda on this has saved some face then.

So you think 30% of the public have ignored everything then?

FYI, it is possible and allowed to commend the government on this vaccine rollout (is it successful because NHS and local areas managed the rollout?) and also be totally dismayed with them at how they've managed the pandemic up to now. 

It doesn't have to be one or the other but there's no way some of the stuff in the last 10 months will be forgotten. Same way the vaccination numbers and uptake won't be forgotten either. 

• Like 3

It's fairly meaningless comparing the public's blame with the government. There is one prime minister one health minister, one home secretary, 650 mps etc voted,for by the people to make decisions and be held accountable for them. 

The public consists of 67 million people of all different ages, races, cultures, religious views, employments types, incomes etc etc some have been very compliant with the rules some have been mainly compliant and others not at all. This was inevitable at the start of the pandemic though not helped by Barnard Castlegate and will have a happened in every other westernised country. 

Blaming the public is pointless because 67 million people can't be held accountable individuals can and have been. but the concept of the public is an intangible like a general blaming the weather for defeat on the battlefield! 

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Seems like the governments agenda on this has saved some face then.

So you think 30% of the public have ignored everything then?

I suppose I didn't really think it through. The general point is that I think the actions or in many cases lack of actions of the government greatly outweigh some bellends holding house parties and not wearing masks in supermarkets. 

4 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Nothing at all to the virus itself?

I was referring specifically to why we as a nation have generally not dealt with it very well. The whole world is dealing with more or less the same issue and some nations have handled it better than others. I acknowledge that is difficult to directly compare nations as there are potentially many variables including population density, climate, age of population, ways of recording deaths etc. but it's not completely invalid. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

FYI, it is possible and allowed to commend the government on this vaccine rollout (is it successful because NHS and local areas managed the rollout?) and also be totally dismayed with them at how they've managed the pandemic up to now. 

It doesn't have to be one or the other but there's no way some of the stuff in the last 10 months will be forgotten. Same way the vaccination numbers and uptake won't be forgotten either. 

Maybe you're right, but some people maybe optimistically were reacting to issues such as how the Dominic Cummings incident was handled as though it would be some sort of gamechanger as to which way people will vote come the next general election, when in reality it will be more or less completely forgotten about.

• Like 1