Jump to content
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Honestly, some people will complain about anything.

 

It even says "gently rotate it"

Depends on which axis they're rotating the swab I guess. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

The Chinese really are odd, or they really hate the Japs

 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-56245404

 

 

 

 

I'd have some cans of beans a few hours before landing, line up a few stinkers and let them off as I'm in the room where you get tested so they thought twice about the anal tests. If they insisted on doing it then more fool them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure i made a jokey comment on here about 6 months ago about the dangers of joggers.  Seems a study has now been launched about it. Why, throughout all of this, has common sense and the obvious been ignored.

    

"Trish Greenhalgh, professor in primary care health sciences at the University of Oxford, told ITV's Good Morning Britain: "There is no doubt the virus is in the air, there is no doubt that you can catch it if you inhale, and that someone else has exhaled.

"The exercising jogger - the puffing and panting jogger - you can feel their breath come and you can sometimes actually feel yourself inhale it, so there's no doubt that there is a danger there."

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'm sure i made a jokey comment on here about 6 months ago about the dangers of joggers.  Seems a study has now been launched about it. Why, throughout all of this, has common sense and the obvious been ignored.

    

"Trish Greenhalgh, professor in primary care health sciences at the University of Oxford, told ITV's Good Morning Britain: "There is no doubt the virus is in the air, there is no doubt that you can catch it if you inhale, and that someone else has exhaled.

"The exercising jogger - the puffing and panting jogger - you can feel their breath come and you can sometimes actually feel yourself inhale it, so there's no doubt that there is a danger there."

 

Not just joggers either, some thoughtless cyclists also pass close by. It's not always possible to get out of the way as often you get blindsided. 

 

Needs to be an awareness campaign although it's pretty obvious to most. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not just joggers either, some thoughtless cyclists also pass close by. It's not always possible to get out of the way as often you get blindsided. 

 

Needs to be an awareness campaign although it's pretty obvious to most. 

I still find when I go for a walk around the block with Mrs G we're the ones that move out of the way often onto the road and oncoming traffic people seem to be totally unaware. Fair enough families with pushchairs and small kids but this is the whole range from teens to oldies but clearly younger than us. As for cyclists I had two that have come so close that we touched. 

 

Oh and if we do move out of the way please don't shout 'thanks' a nod of recognition will do.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'm sure i made a jokey comment on here about 6 months ago about the dangers of joggers.  Seems a study has now been launched about it. Why, throughout all of this, has common sense and the obvious been ignored.

    

"Trish Greenhalgh, professor in primary care health sciences at the University of Oxford, told ITV's Good Morning Britain: "There is no doubt the virus is in the air, there is no doubt that you can catch it if you inhale, and that someone else has exhaled.

"The exercising jogger - the puffing and panting jogger - you can feel their breath come and you can sometimes actually feel yourself inhale it, so there's no doubt that there is a danger there."

 

Because this pandemic has made it scarily apparent how little common sense we actually have as a nation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I see joggers are in the firing line again. I really hope we eventually go after obesity and smoking like we have done to Covid, you know, to "protect the NHS". 

There are respectful walkers, runners and cyclists and there are also arseholes in those respective groups.

 

But the point made in yorkie's post is just factually correct. People inhale and exhale harder when running rather than walking and thats not even taking sweat into effect. No one is saying bans joggers, just that wearing a mask probably makes sense if the jogger cant avoid others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nalis said:

There are respectful walkers, runners and cyclists and there are also arseholes in those respective groups.

 

But the point made in yorkie's post is just factually correct. People inhale and exhale harder when running rather than walking and thats not even taking sweat into effect. No one is saying bans joggers, just that wearing a mask probably makes sense if the jogger cant avoid others.

Realistically how many cases will have resulted from people inadvertently breathing in air from a jogger that has got too close and also happens to be asymptomatic (obviously there's no way you're jogging with Covid symptoms). Obviously that's impossible to calculate but surely it's a totally insignificant number. Yeah there's a "risk" but that list of "risk" is infinitely long if you're taking every possibility into consideration. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nalis said:

There are respectful walkers, runners and cyclists and there are also arseholes in those respective groups.

 

But the point made in yorkie's post is just factually correct. People inhale and exhale harder when running rather than walking and thats not even taking sweat into effect. No one is saying bans joggers, just that wearing a mask probably makes sense if the jogger cant avoid others.

I'd probably say wear a mask if you're concerned about catching a relatively small amount of particles that disperse quite quickly. Seems a better idea than people trying to keep fit having to breathe in more cardon dioxide.

 

To be honest I've not come across any joggers that have got close to me that I've been annoyed by them. I try and walk at quiet times of the day and walk in places where i'm either out in the open. Get out at 7am or 7pm and you'll see very few people.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

what I've found insane when driving about is that people will willingly jump out in front of a car rather than pass somebody on the pavement for 0.6 seconds

 

its like they feel that getting hit by a car is safer than being near somebody OUTSIDE for that amount of time

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd probably say wear a mask if you're concerned about catching a relatively small amount of particles that disperse quite quickly. Seems a better idea than people trying to keep fit having to breathe in more cardon dioxide.

 

To be honest I've not come across any joggers that have got close to me that I've been annoyed by them. I try and walk at quiet times of the day and walk in places where i'm either out in the open. Get out at 7am or 7pm and you'll see very few people.

 

 

If we're operating under the assumption that running by people outside, and let's not pretend joggers are making an effort to breath into the mouths of those walking, is of some risk the the idea of opening up any sort of school, business, or communal meeting area should be cancelled immediately.

 

If you can't pass a person outside then dozens and dozens of people sat in a room together breathing the same air must be ruled out immediately.

 

This is, of course, daft and in no way sensible. Joggers are not the problem, nor are gyms. It's schools, factories, and Universities. And that's something we're going to have to manage carefully. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just got a text from my doctors asking to get the jab because I'm clinically high risk for over 16s (I'm 33) but I've not been to the doctors for years for any reason, I had antibiotics for a few chest infections in my 20s and been on different medications for mental health issues but nothing beyond that, could this be a mistake? Not nice to think I'm high risk when I'm a totally healthy and active 33 year old. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I've just got a text from my doctors asking to get the jab because I'm clinically high risk for over 16s (I'm 33) but I've not been to the doctors for years for any reason, I had antibiotics for a few chest infections in my 20s and been on different medications for mental health issues but nothing beyond that, could this be a mistake? Not nice to think I'm high risk when I'm a totally healthy and active 33 year old. 

Honesty wouldn't give it a moments thought, take the offer of the jab

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'm sure i made a jokey comment on here about 6 months ago about the dangers of joggers.  Seems a study has now been launched about it. Why, throughout all of this, has common sense and the obvious been ignored.

    

"Trish Greenhalgh, professor in primary care health sciences at the University of Oxford, told ITV's Good Morning Britain: "There is no doubt the virus is in the air, there is no doubt that you can catch it if you inhale, and that someone else has exhaled.

"The exercising jogger - the puffing and panting jogger - you can feel their breath come and you can sometimes actually feel yourself inhale it, so there's no doubt that there is a danger there."

 

 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Not just joggers either, some thoughtless cyclists also pass close by. It's not always possible to get out of the way as often you get blindsided. 

 

Needs to be an awareness campaign although it's pretty obvious to most. 

It might help if some ***** walking didn't take up the entire ****ing path! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk about passing joggers and walkers on the pavement, what happened to the being in close proximity for at least 15 minutes? Is that not the case anymore? It's probably changed and I've missed it...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...