Jump to content
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Buce said:

 

Funny story:

 

When Mrs B was diagnosed, her immediate family were tested because - as you know - it is a hereditary disease (brother and father both tested positive, our daughter negative). Her sister-in-law (brother's wife) arranged a test, worried she also may have it. Not the sharpest tool in the box. lol

😂😂

7547484C-7AFD-4099-ACD1-ED6E56F2C84A.jpeg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I am probably alone in this thought but i feel as though the only thing keeping Covid alive now is the media and their continued scaremongering.

As someone once said, "are you an ostrich"? 

Edited by Line-X
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

Just had my covid test at the Narborough walk in centre very quick and easy, now got to wait for the results.

My wife went that one. Had result early the next morning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it coming this way or is Europe just naff at dealing with it?

On a separate note - I have been getting nonstop emails about gigs and tour announcements this week - all for July onwards. I can't help but feel it's all a bit premature. We have no idea what the social distancing regs are and I've no interest in a "passport" to get in somewhere. Either people can get in or they can't. I'm not paying through the nose to see a band in some half empty venue. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Tbh I suspect most people would rather take the 0.095% risk of getting blood clots to the much higher risk of getting seriously ill with COVID long term or worse.

As someone healthy in the 30-40 group there is absolutely no chance I'd have taken the AZ vaccine with a 0.1% chance of a clot. Indeed it wouldn't have got past the trial stage if that were the case.

 

Fortunately its more like 0.0006% (although probably a bit higher in younger age groups)

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Is it coming this way or is Europe just naff at dealing with it?

On a separate note - I have been getting nonstop emails about gigs and tour announcements this week - all for July onwards. I can't help but feel it's all a bit premature. We have no idea what the social distancing regs are and I've no interest in a "passport" to get in somewhere. Either people can get in or they can't. I'm not paying through the nose to see a band in some half empty venue. 

It's probably coming our way to some degree eventually in terms of cases if the South African + other variants start making their way over here in greater numbers, which seems inevitable really. I don't see the original strain or the Kent strain posing much danger going forward given antibody levels are so high from vaccines and cases 

 

The SA variant is widespread in continental Europe now, and the AZ vaccine, which has been used in more than half of all vaccines to date seems to offer very little to no protection against infection (although the scientists seem to be hopeful it will still prevent severe illness or worse). I can't see us getting anywhere near as bad again as it is in Europe now, and hopefully the proliferation of any variants are kept in check sufficiently until the boosters arrive.

Edited by martyn
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Again thank God for Brexit

Our vaccination programme has surely helped massively 


No matter if you were for or against it I’m sure we would be in a far worse position if we were still part of the Reich  ..  the timing couldn’t have been any better. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Countryfox said:


No matter if you were for or against it I’m sure we would be in a far worse position if we were still part of the Reich  ..  the timing couldn’t have been any better. 

We've had the most deaths, one of the worst economic hits, and possibly the worst lockdown after Ireland. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, martyn said:

It's probably coming our way to some degree eventually in terms of cases if the South African + other variants start making their way over here in greater numbers, which seems inevitable really. I don't see the original strain or the Kent strain posing much danger going forward given antibody levels are so high from vaccines and cases 

 

The SA variant is widespread in continental Europe now, and the AZ vaccine, which has been used in more than half of all vaccines to date seems to offer very little to no protection against infection (although the scientists seem to be hopeful it will still prevent severe illness or worse). I can't see us getting anywhere near as bad again as it is in Europe now, and hopefully the proliferation of any variants are kept in check sufficiently until the boosters arrive.

I thought that people coming to this country now have to quarantine in hotels and show a negative test on the 2nd and 8th day after arrival.  How would these variants get here if those rules are in place?, or are people arriving here just ignoring the rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Again thank God for Brexit

Our vaccination programme has surely helped massively 

It's certainly is good news,  but we have been ahead of that league table for more weeks than any other EU country and still are ahead in overall numbers.  But what's it's got to do.with Brecit either way I'm not sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

It's certainly is good news,  but we have been ahead of that league table for more weeks than any other EU country and still are ahead in overall numbers.  But what's it's got to do.with Brecit either way I'm not sure.

People need to feel justified, pretty simple. Just let them believe it and all is well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bovril said:

 

Oh and a week of violence in N. Ireland.

 

So glad we're out of the 'Reich'. 

Yeah but if England is okay, what or who else actually matters?

 

I just don't get it. Why should I be more bothered about somebody dying in Rotherham than in Calais?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2021 at 21:50, Harrydc said:

Have you ever needed a vaccine to go to something as simple as a football match or a pub? 

 

What a silly comparison. 

No its not silly..he just  wanted to go to a Football Match and Enjoy the Aftermatch celebrations/wake in a pub,that just happens to be in an Another country..:giggle:

 

WE have around Europe incl.UK,  Vaccination programmes, that we are given when we are young,so we can survive & participate in our  society ,

Just Think this has a booster..  for Tetanus.etc.Where some neighbouring countries might occasionally insist on Carrying proof on odd occasions

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

It's certainly is good news,  but we have been ahead of that league table for more weeks than any other EU country and still are ahead in overall numbers.  But what's it's got to do.with Brecit either way I'm not sure.

Because if we were still in Europe we’d be dictated to by a load of bureaucrats in Brussels and would probably be in the same position now as La Francais.

our death rate has been fookin awful but our vaccine roll out is pretty much why we are now seeing some light 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nick said:

Yeah but if England is okay, what or who else actually matters?

 

I just don't get it. Why should I be more bothered about somebody dying in Rotherham than in Calais?


You’re twisting it a bit there Swanny  ..  of course I am concerned about any death but if we were still part of the EU there would probably be a death in Calais and Rotherham because of the speed they take to make decisions ..   and the “We don’t want to use the Az vaccine but we’re stopping you getting it” attitude is puzzling to say the least.  This isn’t really about brexit but how a single nation can make quicker decisions ..  

Edited by Countryfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:


You’re twisting it a bit there Swanny  ..  of course I am concerned about any death but if we were still part of the EU there would probably be a death in Calais and Rotherham because of the speed they take to make decisions ..   and the “We don’t want to use the Az vaccine but we’re stopping you getting it” attitude is puzzling to say the least.  This isn’t really about brexit but how a single nation can make quicker decisions ..  

 Isn’t being out of Europe enabling us to make quicker decisions? I thought that was the idea?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...