filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Tragic news, thoughts with you @Webbo.

Hope not to be too intrusive but does this person have a surname beginning with H?

I've seen several friends post online about how devastated they are to lose their mate. Don't know him myself but he looked young.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Webbo said:

I think it might be my nephew (Danny) you're talking about. I'm devastated.

I'm so sorry to hear this Webbo. My condolences to you all. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Webbo said:

It was the vaccine that killed him, not covid. A million to one chance. 

Oh mate, I'm absolutely devastated for you. Big love to you and yours. N.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Tragic news, thoughts with you @Webbo.

Hope not to be too intrusive but does this person have a surname beginning with H?

I've seen several friends post online about how devastated they are to lose their mate. Don't know him myself but he looked young.

Yes, that's him, very popular lad, must be 32 or 33. He went home and away with the city and England. I'm sure there'll be quite quite a few people on here who knew him. 

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Forgive me if this is insensitive @Webbo but why was he having the vaccine if only 32? Underlying health condition? 

He had a thyroid condition from birth.It was controlled with pills, it didn't really affect him.

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

I've just seen that Chile have been largely using the Sinovac vaccine which is not said to only have a 50.4% efficiency rating.

Might explain why their cases have risen again after opening up compared to Israel which has used the Pfizer vaccine. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Apparently we're close to approving the Johnson and Johnson one dose vaccine. I think once we do, we need to give that to those under 40. That way they are done and out the way and can concentrate on carry on giving the second doses to the old and vulnerable.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Apparently we're close to approving the Johnson and Johnson one dose vaccine. I think once we do, we need to give that to those under 40. That way they are done and out the way and can concentrate on carry on giving the second doses to the old and vulnerable.

That’s far to sensible to actually happen 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Think the biggest problem is the amount of doses available. I think 30 million were ordered but we don't know how many will be delivered in the next 3 months. It might only be 5 million.

Surely we will soon get to a point where some of the ordered vaccines are going to other countries.

37 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

THIS VIRUS STRUGGLES TO SPREAD OUTSIDE, WHITTY/VALANCE CONFIRMED IT AND IT'S BEEN SAID 1000000 TIMES.

HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SAID? SERIOUSLY! HUNDREDS OF INSTANCES OF GATHERINGS IN THE PAST 13 MONTHS HAVE CAUSED ZERO SPIKES.

13 deaths today, 61.1% of all adults have had a first dose, 14.5% of all adults have had a second dose.

So why did they shut down all the outdoor stuff in the first place then.

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

How many of the outdoor gatherings actually occurred when lots of virus was circulating ?  The combination on low viral presence with outdoor gathering leads to little transmission risk.  There is a good conversation to be had about why low risk outdoor stuff like kids football was re opened so slowly. 

20 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

God knows mate, I think they were just sending a message to be honest.  None of the outdoor gatherings which we were seeing every fortnite led to any form of a spike 2 weeks later.