Jump to content
Qwerty

Will any players prefer empty stadiums?

Recommended Posts

OK no one will actually prefer it, but I was wondering which players might almost thrive on the lack of crowd.  We can be pretty sure Vardy won’t, but someone like Nacho might prefer to play without the huge amount of negativity he gets from the crowd.  I’m sure I heard that he was consistently better in training than in matches.  Chilwell too, he seems to get a fair bit of banter which he might prefer not to have.  Tielemans too maybe?

 

or perhaps I’m just clutching at straws and they’ll all be rubbish without the blue army! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only thing we can hope for is players to realise just how vital fans are. I’m pretty sure most regard fans as a pain in the ass and something that interrupts their lavish lifestyles but this might make them value fans a bit more. Until about 3 weeks after fans can start going again ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Chilwell probably will, remember when he was too scared to take a throw at Millwall.

He’d broken a finger apparently 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure who will benefit or not but I am looking forward to hearing Schmeichel belt out a few classics like ‘dont start on me’ a good few times a game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

Chilwell too, he seems to get a fair bit of banter which he might prefer not to have.

Assume by banter you mean people screaming "YOU'RE FU C KING SHIT" at him for most of the game? 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thinl Chilwell definitely will. He plays a lot better away from home and for England where the fans don't get on his back or are drowned out by the home fans. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Assume by banter you mean people screaming "YOU'RE FU C KING SHIT" at him for most of the game? 

I think Chilwell definately if thats the rubbish he has to listen too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

OK no one will actually prefer it, but I was wondering which players might almost thrive on the lack of crowd.  We can be pretty sure Vardy won’t, but someone like Nacho might prefer to play without the huge amount of negativity he gets from the crowd.  I’m sure I heard that he was consistently better in training than in matches.  Chilwell too, he seems to get a fair bit of banter which he might prefer not to have.  Tielemans too maybe?

 

or perhaps I’m just clutching at straws and they’ll all be rubbish without the blue army! 


 

I think it will be easier for managers to get their instructions across to the players, players on the pitch to shout instructions to each other. I consider Brendan to be a bit of a master traction  so I feel like we could benefit well from it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Arnt our 'supporters' great? 

World class mate. 

 

Tbf many are brilliant, but you always have twats in your fan base. 

Edited by UniFox21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think that any player, as OP stated, who regularly gets abused by the crowd might benefit slightly from the empty stadium. I'd also think that goalies and defenders might gain a slight advantage as communication and focus may improve without the crowd and their ambient noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have real crowd noises on the stadiums pa system to replicate a real game. I know it would be artificial but there is something really strange about no atmosphere at games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shailen said:

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have real crowd noises on the stadiums pa system to replicate a real game. I know it would be artificial but there is something really strange about no atmosphere at games. 

I don't, atmosphere is nuanced in ways i can't explain, but it's definitely specific to the moment and therefore unrecreateble by using pre recorded sounds.

(Apologies admin, if unrecreatable isn't a word)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Chilwell probably will, remember when he was too scared to take a throw at Millwall.

 

Be careful.

 

On a more serious note though dont some people on here claim players become too mentally affected by a few boo's in home games, so it should be a boon right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

 

Be careful.

 

On a more serious note though dont some people on here claim players become too mentally affected by a few boo's in home games, so it should be a boon right?

To be fair I would imagine if it’s your own fans some players would lose their heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, spurs might be loads better without their toxic fan base spewing outrage.

 

Our lot will need a happy clapping machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MPH said:

 I consider Brendan to be a bit of a master traction  

So he has good grip then.

Edited by sylofox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, simFox said:

Unfortunately, spurs might be loads better without their toxic fan base spewing outrage.

 

Our lot will need a happy clapping machine

Why is their fanbase toxic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

I don't, atmosphere is nuanced in ways i can't explain, but it's definitely specific to the moment and therefore unrecreateble by using pre recorded sounds.

(Apologies admin, if unrecreatable isn't a word)

Agreed that it can't be recreated, but I think at least having goal music or something would help, even if the sounds were just broadcasted on TV and not at the actual game.

 

Take PlayStation games like Fifa, playing on mute or low volume is not so fun even though it isn't a real game. The viewer at home believing the facade that there is atmosphere might help the entertainment factor and make it as close to what it was before. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, shailen said:

Agreed that it can't be recreated, but I think at least having goal music or something would help, even if the sounds were just broadcasted on TV and not at the actual game.

 

Take PlayStation games like Fifa, playing on mute or low volume is not so fun even though it isn't a real game. The viewer at home believing the facade that there is atmosphere might help the entertainment factor and make it as close to what it was before. 

Goal music has never helped anything, ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mean that 'The Birch' can't do his final charity run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...