Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
3stevo

Kieran Tierney

If we got £85m for Chilly and KT for £20-25m then you'd have to be happy. But given KTs injury record since coming to England, you'd have to say it represents a risk, especially as Chilly is a) underrated and b) from our own academy. Didn't realise how young Tierney is though. Thought he was mid 20s now.

• Like 2

Heard very good things about him a year or so ago, one of them being that Scotland shunted Robertson to the right just to accommodate him which is high praise indeed. We seem to manage injuries fairly well so in a perfect world he’d come back strong and we’d have a good replacement for another outgoing, make a tidy profit and really kick on.  Of course it’s a risk but with JJ & Fuchs as back up, if Chilly really wants to go, it’s one worth taking if we can get the price right.

• Like 1

I don’t like Celtic but he always impressed me when I’ve watched. He can play centre half too I believe? Injuries a concern? When fit will he want a crack at arsenal as not really had one with his injuries? Could be a cheap better replacement for chilwell though? 

• Like 1

I'm guessing lazy journalism because of the past but I wouldn't want to sell a fit full back for one who has injury problems.

I liked what I've seen of Tierney but his injury's would make me reconsider.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I would take him in a heart beat but his injury record is a serious issue....

That's the best part of two seasons hes missed with two different injuries.

14 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Too many injuries, not worth the risk.

That's my opinion too. He was a superstar under Rodgers which definitely counts for a lot but would seem like a gamble.

Alex Telles of Porto seems to be available and that's who I'd replace Chilwell with if he leaves. The last full back we signed from Porto was half decent lol!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Heard very good things about him a year or so ago, one of them being that Scotland shunted Robertson to the right just to accommodate him which is high praise indeed. We seem to manage injuries fairly well so in a perfect world he’d come back strong and we’d have a good replacement for another outgoing, make a tidy profit and really kick on.  Of course it’s a risk but with JJ & Fuchs as back up, if Chilly really wants to go, it’s one worth taking if we can get the price right.

Didn’t Scotland move Tierney to left centre back of a 3 to keep Robertson left wing back? 

If we could get him on loan with an agreed permanent fee of x after 20 league games if they fall within the 2020/21 season then it might be a very good deal.

His hip injuries of 2018/19 and early part of 2019/20 are a massive concern but the shoulder injury was unrelated and although he may well now be riddled with injuries it's more of a concern if the hip was still a persistent problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I could see him staying at Arsenal beyond this window, not playing because they sign another left back and he’s out injured then moving on in the next 12 months. 

...so why not move him on now!!!

Sure Tierney would take the move and as first choice and still in the Premiership, why not make the move.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

why would Arsenal sell a year after buying him unless we paid stupid money, which we won't?

Well it’s not gone great for them has it? If they could recoup some of the transfer fee they might be interested.

They also have saka, who Arteta currently prefers. So they’d rather invest that money elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Well it’s not gone great for them has it? If they could recoup some of the transfer fee they might be interested.

They also have saka, who Arteta currently prefers. So they’d rather invest that money elsewhere.

he doesn't "currently prefer Saka" Tierney was injured when the season was halted but even if he did then why would we want someone who couldn't get into this shitty Arsenal team?

Edited by Jimmy

51 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he doesn't "currently prefer Saka" Tierney was injured when the season was halted but even if he did then why would we want someone who couldn't get into this shitty Arsenal team?

They could view it in the same we view Chilwell. Sell at a higher price when we have an alternative available. Can’t see it mind 

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Talking of Saka, isn't his contract up and he's refused to sign a new one?

End of next year his contract ends which means he should be available for a good price. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Well as many have said... id also prefer Saka myself. 

I wasnt saying we should do it...(see higher post) just stating why Arsenal would probably be willing to sell

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Well as many have said... id also prefer Saka myself. 

I wasnt saying we should do it...(see higher post) just stating why Arsenal would probably be willing to sell

they might but why would we buy him? Tagliafico from Ajax would be a much better deal for a start

if we lose Chilwell we must sign someone who is the finished product, we have the young kid we want to develop in Luke Thomas, Saka is meant to be more of a winger anyway, there's where he started so if we signed him that's where we should be looking at him for

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

if we lose Chilwell we must sign someone who is the finished product, we have the young kid we want to develop in Luke Thomas, Saka is meant to be more of a winger anyway, there's where he started so if we signed him that's where we should be looking at him for

Agree. I’d like us to get Alex Telles, Ricardo’s old mucker from Porto. He looks mustard. It seems his proposed move to PSG has fallen through aswell

• Like 1