Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
3stevo

Kieran Tierney

Look if we sell chilwell there's zero chance of us landing telles or Tagliafico. Or any of the prospects at the big clubs. 

The best we can hope for is the guy from Atlanta or Tierney.

But I do think that James Justin looks like  being a great player for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tierney is an excellent proposition, his injuries Hip/Groin could be down to growth a little like Gerrard who struggled with groin and back issues up to a similar age and that was put down to growth.

Tierney turned 23 yesterday, has played a fair amount of games in a 3 to 4 year window 170 that’s actually more than Chilwell has with Ben being slightly older and his up and down high energy style and lack of rest (protection) as he’s grown just might have affected his body as he’s grown.

If after he was given an extensive medical and had the hips checked and proved no lasting damage then I’d be more than happy for him to sign, on form he is a cracking player and as of now is a more rounded LB/LWB (and CB) than Ben is but both have a lot more to give.

I very much doubt Ben will be going to Chelsea anyway as they have already shelled out on 2 high profile/costing players, if Werner does sign that is, and signing Ben would push them well into the £130+ mark and I don’t think that money will be spent not in these times. They say they will sell to compensate but who have they got that would command a decent fee, Willian is 31 very much doubt he will go for huge money.

PS. I hope Ben doesn’t go and really can’t see it anyway with the path Leicester are on I think he will want to be part of that 

• Like 3

On 05/06/2020 at 10:40, TJB-fox said:

Didn’t Scotland move Tierney to left centre back of a 3 to keep Robertson left wing back? 

Yeah this is what happened usually, a couple of times Tierney played RB too, not the other way round.  He was very much a sqaure peg in a round hole there though.

On 05/06/2020 at 12:20, Ric Flair said:

If we could get him on loan with an agreed permanent fee of x after 20 league games if they fall within the 2020/21 season then it might be a very good deal.

His hip injuries of 2018/19 and early part of 2019/20 are a massive concern but the shoulder injury was unrelated and although he may well now be riddled with injuries it's more of a concern if the hip was still a persistent problem.

Yeah I'd echo pretty much this and the rest of the comments on the thread, Tierney is a fantastic player but he's barely kicked a ball in two years due to injuries which is a big concern.  We really ran him into the ground under Rodgers, until just before Rodgers left, he played 60+ games season after season, 90 minutes in practically every one of those.  I wouldn't write the shoulder off injury either tbh as he bust the same one when he was at Celtic too.

A loan with an option to buy would be the safest option like you allude to. A fit and firing Tierney offers far more than Chilwell going forward imo.  The thing with Chilwell is wherever he is next season it is a huge season for him as it will define whether this season was the exception or the rule as from what I seen he had a pretty dreadful season.

• Like 2

On 05/06/2020 at 20:14, Swan Lesta said:

If we are not selling chillers at any price I’d be surprised if there’s anything in this at all.

I'm not so sure, Rodgers is ruthless and if Chilwell looks like he is going to turn in another season like last he'll look for better.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Tierney off injured again, don't go anywhere near him if we get the chance

Sadly think he's never recovered from his last injury. Hope I'm wrong. He was a demon at Celtic and only had one speed. 100% energizer bunny.

Edited by SO1

Guest SO1

Its not happening. Happy to see him holding his own and then some. The Prem and the Scottish league are apples and oranges.

If we actually had a chance at him and he's healthy I'd bite your hand off.