Sign in to follow this  
3stevo

Kieran Tierney

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Because we'd give them money?

He's their first choice LB when fit, and Arteta has played him in every game so far since the restart. Can't see them selling to us a year after buying him, when he's just starting to look like a good left back.

• Like 1

Looked superb tonight. I can't see Arsenal getting rid to be honest, but they've done stranger things in recent times.

Its not happening. Happy to see him holding his own and then some. The Prem and the Scottish league are apples and oranges.

If we actually had a chance at him and he's healthy I'd bite your hand off.

• Like 2

I think he’s an outstanding talent if he can stay fit but I don’t understand us being linked with him after just 1 year at Arsenal. 

On 08/07/2020 at 21:19, SheppyFox said:

He even looks sickly. 

That's how people look in Scotland. Sick. Wether it be likely to keel over with heart disease at any minute or like influenza will take them before the end of winter. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

A fair few on here told me a year or so ago he was another one that was rubbish as he played in the pub league. As poor as Scottish football is there are a few diamonds in the rough and pretty much everyone we've sold on to the EPL in recent years has done relatively well. Just think, had an EPL club been shrewd enough they could have had Van Dijk, Tierney and John McGinn and still had a chunk of change from £50m.

I might be biased but I think going for guys from Celtic is far less risky business than some of the guys you've spent questionable amounts of money on in recent years such as Silva, Slimani, Ghezzal etc, etc.

In fairness, you've been here for well over a year now, you know a large portion of this forum chats idiotic shit, myself included. Just got to take it with the good stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

A fair few on here told me a year or so ago he was another one that was rubbish as he played in the pub league. As poor as Scottish football is there are a few diamonds in the rough and pretty much everyone we've sold on to the EPL in recent years has done relatively well. Just think, had an EPL club been shrewd enough they could have had Van Dijk, Tierney and John McGinn and still had a chunk of change from £50m.

I might be biased but I think going for guys from Celtic is far less risky business than some of the guys you've spent questionable amounts of money on in recent years such as Silva, Slimani, Ghezzal etc, etc.

apples and oranges. We're hardly going to be in the market for forward/wide players and think - hold up - celtic have this great young lb/cb we could purchase instead

28 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In fairness, you've been here for well over a year now, you know a large portion of this forum chats idiotic shit, myself included. Just got to take it with the good stuff.

Yeah of course, most of it banter jsut thought I'd point it out :P

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Fktf said:

apples and oranges. We're hardly going to be in the market for forward/wide players and think - hold up - celtic have this great young lb/cb we could purchase instead

I was talking in a general sense, not just this season, buying from Scotland in general. I thought that would be obvious with the VVD reference.

12 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

That;s a very valid point. The standard of the league might be poor,  That doesn't mean individual players are all poor. I'd say the general standard of Coaching is every bit as good in Scotland as it is in England.

• Like 2